Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2014, 09:37 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think knowing that about a guy would make me lose all respect for him, and there would be no more sex.
this.

i couldn't date a guy with this much immaturity about going to a doctor.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Or you can feel both. People can feel more than one thing about the same experience.

For example, when I hear about people I know getting married, I am happy for them, but not happy over all, because no one I like has ever liked me back, and the marriage reminds me of that, so that aspect of it is depressing. That's two different feelings about the same experience.

Plus, if it's a routine exam, that would be a different situation from being examined because something is suspected to be wrong.

I think you need to qualify that "...not arousing to me."

In this very forum, a guy was talking about his nurse girlfriend who liked to play doctor with him.
Yeah, we are just never going to see eye to eye on this.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:51 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
this.

i couldn't date a guy with this much immaturity about going to a doctor.
I couldn't be with someone who was uptight about their body... (I'm speaking in the abstract, not claiming that beachie123 is uptight about their body/sexuality)...I want a girlfriend who is interested in me and my body. If I went to a urology appointment, with no major medical problems found, and my girlfriend said "oh were you aroused", I wouldn't say "how DARE you say that?? we have to break up!". lol.

Being a virgin, there are a lot of things I want to experience sexually with someone who loves me, and if they are uptight, that tells me they wouldn't be willing to experience any of that stuff with me.

I think I'm a reasonably mature guy, I was on submarines...but you don't have to be serious and "mature" all the time or even most of the time. Life is short, we should try to enjoy it to the extent possible.

It's something that could potentially mean you are not right for each other.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I think I'm a reasonably mature guy
i would beg to differ with that based on what you have said in this thread.

you are talking about completely different things that what the OP said her SO does and says about her gyn exams. one comment? yeah, i could let that go and not think anything of it. but that's not what she said he does. that is not showing an interest in her "organs" as you like to call it. that is showing major immaturity about a medical examination that is very uncomfortable to many, if not most, women.

all this other stuff you have brought up here have nothing to do with what was said and asked in the OP.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i would beg to differ with that based on what you have said in this thread.
Well, I couldn't be with someone who sees life that way. I need someone who is lighter and more open than me about such things, to help me through difficult times. If I'm in pain and you make me concentrate on it, instead of making me feel better, for me that's a problem. They say laughter is the best medicine.

What if I'm undergoing chemotherapy and all my girlfriend can do is cry about it, she can't help me see the light in life? She won't tell me about a great movie that came out, or something, because she wants me to concentrate on my pain?

I guess for some people that would be "mature", and such people probably need to be with others who see it that way. There's nothing wrong with either; both can be done by people who are mature. They are just profoundly different ways of looking at things.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Well, I couldn't be with someone who sees life that way. I need someone who is lighter and more open than me about such things, to help me through difficult times. If I'm in pain and you make me concentrate on it, instead of making me feel better, for me that's a problem. They say laughter is the best medicine.

What if I'm undergoing chemotherapy and all my girlfriend can do is cry about it, she can't help me see the light in life? She won't tell me about a great movie that came out, or something, because she wants me to concentrate on my pain?

I guess for some people that would be "mature", and such people probably need to be with others who see it that way. There's nothing wrong with either; both can be done by people who are mature. They are just profoundly different ways of looking at things.
what? wth?

Old 03-30-2014, 10:47 PM

you know what...nevermind neutrino.

good luck

Old 03-30-2014, 10:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes, well, I don't find anything arousing about having my breast felt for cancerous lumps or my vagina swabbed. I guess I'm more concerned about not having cancer and it being an exam and all. I think you might have some issues...
Yeah, when they found a tumor in my breast, it was super hot. I'm sure my then-bf, now-husband found it mega-exciting, when he wasn't busy being preoccupied about potential cancer and all. But neutrino's right, we probably should have just lightened up about the whole thing...not like it was incredibly terrifying, or anything. We were just really uptight.

Medical exams are HAWT.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, when they found a tumor in my breast, it was super hot. I'm sure my then-bf, now-husband found it mega-exciting, when he wasn't busy being preoccupied about potential cancer and all. But neutrino's right, we probably should have just lightened up about the whole thing...not like it was incredibly terrifying, or anything. We were just really uptight.

Medical exams are HAWT.
I guess I missed the part where the original poster said she was going to a GYN because she suspected she had cancer or another serious condition, and it was not just routine exams. Can you quote where that was said?

I clearly stated that I was talking about routine exams, here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x
Plus, if it's a routine exam, that would be a different situation from being examined because something is suspected to be wrong.
Quote from page 9: Any other women have partners that seem fascinated by your going to a GYN exam?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
The point is, medical care is clinical. There is nothing sexy about a speculum, metal curette, or the plates of mammography equipment, believe me. When my tumor was discovered, it was during one of those routine, "sexy" visits, an annual exam..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships