Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:04 PM

867 posts, read 908,873 times

Advertisements

Mr. Mynameisnotpeter, I've never lived in a small town but I've heard from small town transplants in California that small town life sucks. I'm not writing that to reinforce your potentially incorrect view of your town but, but, but I would write instead of trying to get a girlfriend work on getting a job in a big city. The best way to get a job in a big city is to have marketable skills and the only way to get marketable skills is by going to college. Helk, maybe you can drive to a community college in a nearby city and in the process meet other people your age who hate small town life.

Don't use message boards as a crutch in life i.e. I'm not getting the social interaction in the real world therefore I'll get it online. You are young, go forth and prosper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 06:37 PM

746 posts, read 866,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Because he wants the same thing that the bad boys she was with prior did.

The 'nice' guy is just willing to wait longer for her to finally run out of better options than him and settle down. He has to compromise on that level because he is either less attractive, not as sexually skilled and/or less exciting than the average bad boy. He overcompensates for his deficiencies by playing the 'nice guy' card. Which inherently is not wrong, aside from the fact that the 'nice' guy lies to himself and the woman he pursues by acting like he is quantifiably superior to bad boys because he is 'nice'. The nice guy game is the only one that some guys can practically play and stand any chance of being with a woman (eventually).
So you're saying women don't like nice guys, they just use them as a last resort?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
Mr. Mynameisnotpeter, I've never lived in a small town but I've heard from small town transplants in California that small town life sucks. I'm not writing that to reinforce your potentially incorrect view of your town but, but, but I would write instead of trying to get a girlfriend work on getting a job in a big city. The best way to get a job in a big city is to have marketable skills and the only way to get marketable skills is by going to college. Helk, maybe you can drive to a community college in a nearby city and in the process meet other people your age who hate small town life.

Don't use message boards as a crutch in life i.e. I'm not getting the social interaction in the real world therefore I'll get it online. You are young, go forth and prosper.
Everyone in school (teachers, counselor, principle) strongly urge me to go to an in town community college to save costs and live at home longer. I might not even be allowed to stay at home that long. I'm being told go there just cause its cheaper and to live at home longer. Shouldn't we be encouraging people my age to get out of mom and dads house whether they allow you to stay or not? Just like our government wants us to depend more on them (the government). Everyone wants everyone to NOT be independent. America is negatively changing. It is negatively changing in many ways.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:23 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,698 times
Small towns will definitely hold you back in every aspect of life. But if you don't have much ambition or drive you may as well stay. Bigger cities are pretty cut-throat and unforgiving.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Small towns will definitely hold you back in every aspect of life. But if you don't have much ambition or drive you may as well stay. Bigger cities are pretty cut-throat and unforgiving.
Well it's not real enjoyable living in a small town.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:51 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post

When is a good time to get a girlfriend?

When you are in school. After you are out of school, months with an "r" in them.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
When you are in school. After you are out of school, months with an "r" in them.
Huh?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:54 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,137,399 times
I've heard that Tuesday is a good time to look for a girlfriend

Old 03-29-2014, 10:49 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Huh?
That's the second or third joke you have failed to grasp. Why is that?

I think you should try to acquire a sense of humor before trying to acquire another human being.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:53 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
Quote:
Everyone in school (teachers, counselor, principle) strongly urge me to go to an in town community college to save costs and live at home longer. I might not even be allowed to stay at home that long. I'm being told go there just cause its cheaper and to live at home longer. Shouldn't we be encouraging people my age to get out of mom and dads house whether they allow you to stay or not? Just like our government wants us to depend more on them (the government). Everyone wants everyone to NOT be independent. America is negatively changing. It is negatively changing in many ways.
In most cases, yes. In your case, no. You posted on another thread that you have Asperger's and are seeing a shrink for your issues. While you're working on that, and it's a major project, getting your shyt in order is a worthy project, make no mistake, --you should be at home where you can focus on that. Once you strengthen your wings so you can fly, then you can fly the coop and set up your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships