Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You never had a kid of your own?

I hear you on the hassle though of other people's kids.
Nope. never been pregnant. In my 20's and 30's I was so busy and really not interested. I became more open as I got older but one of those if it happens but otherwise am okay not having biological kids. Besides, not crazy about being pregnant. But yep, I hate the hassle of other people's kids. I like kids but the problem is many single parents don't discipline their kids and expect the new spouse to do that. It's way too many problems dealing with parents. This is true if the ex is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
They can say what they want. I won't change my mind. I don't want to deal with another man's children.
Good for you and stand your ground. I did and it paid off. I am so strong about it that I would rather be alone than with a dad. I guarantee if more childless did this we would see less single parents trying to date people like us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 11:45 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Single mothers are that apple with the chunk already taken out in the garbage can.

You can probably get a good bite in the untouched side, but the crater will still be there from the last guy who bit into it.

Just get a fresh apple. No need to be eating off an apple some other guy has already bitten into.

You shouldn't be diggin' in the trash in the first place if you've got your things together.

Also a living reminder that you aren't your woman's first choice, and realistically she'd probably want to be with the father over you.

You'll have your first child, it'll be her second, it won't be as special for her

Nothing more than walking badges of poor decision making. PASS.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
she made some hard choices. but the fact remains, that is another man's kid and he is sending her checks to support both of them. sort of a crowded seat isnt it?
if you are one of the 42 million men who has been sued for divorce since 1975 under no fault divorce, you can have some real empathy for a guy who mails those checks while you are thinking of getting in the sack with the recipient.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Single mothers are that apple with the chunk already taken out in the garbage can.

You can probably get a good bite in the untouched side, but the crater will still be there from the last guy who bit into it.

Just get a fresh apple. No need to be eating off an apple some other guy has already bitten into.

You shouldn't be diggin' in the trash in the first place if you've got your things together.

Also a living reminder that you aren't your woman's first choice, and realistically she'd probably want to be with the father over you.

You'll have your first child, it'll be her second, it won't be as special for her

Analogy is interesting. I always compare single parents to cars. When I am searching for a car I try to buy in my price range. I can't afford a Mercedes so instead I buy a nice reliable car. I refuse to buy a jalopy that will cause me grief and end up costing me more and in the end will only last a short time. Same with dating. I'm not looking for the top of the line men who have it all (the Mercedes)just the new reliable car that looks nice but not center of attention (aka the decent man who is average in looks and everything). If I was to date a man with kids, I'd be buying the jalopy. Like a jalopy his kids and ex would make my life horrible and like the jalopy I'd end up spend a lot of money and putting money in for no return. In the end we'd end up split because his family would likely come between us (divorce rates between childless and parents is very high).

Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Analogy is interesting. I always compare single parents to cars. When I am searching for a car I try to buy in my price range. I can't afford a Mercedes so instead I buy a nice reliable car. I refuse to buy a jalopy that will cause me grief and end up costing me more and in the end will only last a short time. Same with dating. I'm not looking for the top of the line men who have it all (the Mercedes)just the new reliable car that looks nice but not center of attention (aka the decent man who is average in looks and everything). If I was to date a man with kids, I'd be buying the jalopy. Like a jalopy his kids and ex would make my life horrible and like the jalopy I'd end up spend a lot of money and putting money in for no return. In the end we'd end up split because his family would likely come between us (divorce rates between childless and parents is very high).
Exactly!

Old 09-19-2014, 01:00 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post

Pi$$ poor analogy. If a woman isn't a virgin she's likely had some bites taken.

Quote:
Oh for f*ck's sake. Seriously. Again, if she (and you) are not virgins you're not either person's "first choice." You're not going to be the first for a lot of things.

Quote:
More bullsh*t. By that logic, than simply having more than one child for any person means the subsequent child is "less special." Utter horsesh*t.

Quote:
Those decisions being... c'mon, share with the class your gift for relying on assumptions and generalizations.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:06 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Nope. never been pregnant. In my 20's and 30's I was so busy and really not interested. I became more open as I got older but one of those if it happens but otherwise am okay not having biological kids. Besides, not crazy about being pregnant. But yep, I hate the hassle of other people's kids. I like kids but the problem is many single parents don't discipline their kids and expect the new spouse to do that. It's way too many problems dealing with parents. This is true if the ex is around.

Good for you and stand your ground. I did and it paid off. I am so strong about it that I would rather be alone than with a dad. I guarantee if more childless did this we would see less single parents trying to date people like us.
You mean child-free, not childless. There's a difference. Those who are child-free do not desire to mingle or date folks with children. That's all well and good. Not all childless individuals, as in, those who do not currently have children, are averse to dating people with children. There are plenty of childless men and women who date people with children.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
You mean child-free, not childless. There's a difference. Those who are child-free do not desire to mingle or date folks with children. That's all well and good. Not all childless individuals, as in, those who do not currently have children, are averse to dating people with children. There are plenty of childless men and women who date people with children.
I know the difference but many childless people avoid parents too because this issue has little to do with kids. I'm in between childfree and childless but there is no benefit to dating parents if one has no kids. Btw there are childfree who are open to dating parents so no in this case there is no difference. I know plenty of childless people who want kids and they avoid parents too because often the parents aren't open to more kids.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:28 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
I know the difference but many childless people avoid parents too because this issue has little to do with kids. I'm in between childfree and childless but there is no benefit to dating parents if one has no kids. Btw there are childfree who are open to dating parents so no in this case there is no difference. I know plenty of childless people who want kids and they avoid parents too because often the parents aren't open to more kids.

There is one.

The person with the child/children may be super awesome and someone you're incredibly attracted to (and vice versa).

Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is one.

The person with the child/children may be super awesome and someone you're incredibly attracted to (and vice versa).
Maybe but likely you can find that with people without kids too. While I know there are exceptions (spouse was abusive, cheated or gay)many single parents are that way for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships