Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times

Advertisements

I was dumped by my second boyfriend, and he told me that he never thought he could get a girl like me so he wanted to see if he could do even better. He waited a year and a half after that and then begged me to marry him.

I had already happily moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I was dumped by my second boyfriend, and he told me that he never thought he could get a girl like me so he wanted to see if he could do even better. He waited a year and a half after that and then begged me to marry him.

Hahaha. Good for you.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,271 times
I dated the hottest girl in school, way, way back. It set a standard for me without doubt. I don't mind average looking women, but will always go for a woman that is in her former category.

Studies claim that for men, their first sexual experiences sort of set their preferences going forward and often for life. The first girl you fall madly in love with, will often resemble those you date throughout your life.

For women this is not so true. Women change their preferences often many times throughout their lives.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
The key is to have a happy and fulfilling life when you are alone. That way, a partner just makes your great life even better, but if you lose her your life is still great. And you can keep being picky .

Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post

Wow, haha. He deserved that. Dumping somebody just because you think you can do better, just wow.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I dated the hottest girl in school, way, way back. It set a standard for me without doubt. I don't mind average looking women, but will always go for a woman that is in her former category.

Studies claim that for men, their first sexual experiences sort of set their preferences going forward and often for life. The first girl you fall madly in love with, will often resemble those you date throughout your life.

For women this is not so true. Women change their preferences often many times throughout their lives.

Oh wait...I was going to but I wasn't madly in love with her, we were both desperate and emotionally needy. What happens then? If that is supposed to set the tone for life I am in really sad shape.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:22 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You can date someone hot, but if you get annoyed by her nothing will keep her hot. I've dated plenty of hot girls, and after you've been with them long enough you take em for what they are.. people.

??? Most guys are lucky to spend 15 minutes with someone hot, never mind being "with them long enough" to take them for what they are.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
So finally I have a girlfriend who is sweet and cute. (Previously, I have never had sweet or cute.)

An early thought is that this can't be sustainable; eventually she will dump me and probably sooner rather than later.

Then I had an uneasy feeling: I can't imagine myself ever finding someone else as sweet or as cute as she; have my standards now been hopelessly inflated, and thereby ruined? As in, will I just be unhappy with all of my future available options?

Does the same thing happen to women? As in, are women pickier than men because they have a much easier time finding hot partners, leading to inflation of their standards for future partners?
If you ever had something best you will never choose something worse. It's obviously.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:07 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Yeah I only date hot guys from now on, nothing below 10 for me. :snob:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships