Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 02:48 PM

71 posts, read 91,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Well I'm 25 just a high school diploma, I'm kinda on the fence, thinking about going back to school or not but feel self conscious about my age, and I still live at home but I do have a job and a car at least although I only make $8.70 an hour, so a little above minimum wage
I would recommend taking night classes. I went to a private college and a lot of the people who weren't normal college age, would work during the day and take their classes at night. You'd be surprised how much a college degree will help you though, especially if you are smart in what you concentrate in. I got offered a few jobs right out of school offering 55-60k per year (roughly $26.50-29 per hour, working 40 hours a week).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 03:39 PM

409 posts, read 497,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But to me, playing video games is different, by several degrees, from searching the web for evidence that the world is stacked against you. Gaming is doing something. Sharing that with other people is great. Now if you guys get done gaming and sit around complaining that women don't like you, and you develop a world view based on the idea that women don't like you and that stops you from having other good experiences, you're making a big mistake. I don't know either of your posting histories, so I'm not saying you do that. I'm just saying.

Well, I do have a worldview that most women that I am attracted to will not be attracted to me. But it is hardly only supported by evidence from "the internets", nor is it caused by my passion for video games and anime.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But to me, playing video games is different, by several degrees, from searching the web for evidence that the world is stacked against you. Gaming is doing something. Sharing that with other people is great. Now if you guys get done gaming and sit around complaining that women don't like you, and you develop a world view based on the idea that women don't like you and that stops you from having other good experiences, you're making a big mistake. I don't know either of your posting histories, so I'm not saying you do that. I'm just saying.
ExACTly. Just make sure it is only one of many social outlets.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:22 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
Well, I do have a worldview that most women that I am attracted to will not be attracted to me. But it is hardly only supported by evidence from "the internets", nor is it caused by my passion for video games and anime.
This is pretty much everyone's plight. Most aren't implies that some are. Focus on some.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:12 PM

Well, then I should've said the vast majority. Finding that one woman who miraculously finds me attractive would be like finding a needle in 10,000 haystacks.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:24 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
You are very brave to spend so much time on the Relationships board in that case.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:01 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateguy8 View Post
I would recommend taking night classes. I went to a private college and a lot of the people who weren't normal college age, would work during the day and take their classes at night. You'd be surprised how much a college degree will help you though, especially if you are smart in what you concentrate in. I got offered a few jobs right out of school offering 55-60k per year (roughly $26.50-29 per hour, working 40 hours a week).
Really are there people in their later 20's and early 30's?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are very brave to spend so much time on the Relationships board in that case.
Ouch....that burn....

But yea, I hope I provide a wonderful negative example for the younger posters on this forum. Though I seem to be alone in this now, Davros used post quite often.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:17 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Still nevertheless, independence is expected of men more than women
And the sun is hot and water is wet

Your point is just an excuse, a distraction, for some guys not to do what they need to do.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:20 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa;34280377
[I
Hey posters over 40, what were you doing at age 22-23?[/i]

I was living as an expat in the UK, making money under the table any way I could, going to music festivals, starting my writing career, protesting at Greenham Common and the South African Embassy and going out every single night.
PLEASE start a new thread with this question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships