Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to be single?
Hot male 85 62.96%
Hot female 50 37.04%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:51 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnAzizboii View Post
I would say the hot girl is more likely to be single because she chooses so.

The hot guy, if going through a dry spell, would most likely hit up a bar, bring a girl home and sleep with her. He is willing to compromise for a 6 even if he is a 9. I've seen it many times. Tons of 6"3 guys muscular and good looking, sometimes have to settle with a 5 or a 6 for a one night stand.

The hot girl...she is more likely to not compromise and thus she is more likely to remain single. She knows she is a 9 and demands only the best.

You see in the forums as well: average chicks here demanding the best: no video game playing guy, taller than her, good income, full set of hair, physically fit, etc.

So how picky do you think the hot girl will be?
And ALL women get exactly that.

Ironically, I find that the most average (or below average) looking women think they're very good-looking (like many of the women here) and demand absolute perfection. They tend to be worse than hot girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 06:29 PM

192 posts, read 293,067 times
I think it's more likely for a hot female to be single than a hot man. Hot females tend to be more discriminating in choosing a partner. Hot males are less discriminating and since women outnumber men, they settle for less. It's amazing the number of women that will throw themselves at men these days.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:34 PM

112 posts, read 141,376 times
Women have it easier when being single but men struggle when being single.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
And ALL women get exactly that.

Ironically, I find that the most average (or below average) looking women think they're very good-looking (like many of the women here) and demand absolute perfection. They tend to be worse than hot girls.
Oooooh! Burn! You don't think the women here are hot! That hurts.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:47 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,480 times
As far as both sexes NOT wanting to be single, I still think a hot girl is more likely to be single than a hot guy. Hot guys are usually NATURALLY hot (usually, but not always). Average or even ugly women can make themselves more attractive via makeup, hair coloring, etc. And many of these women will indeed do so. Sometimes the naturally hot women get overshadowed by these women, and as a result you have an abundance of "hot" women, but the rare hot men are commodities of a sort. So a hot guy will be snatched up instantly whereas a hot woman has to compete with all the fakes and try-hards. Unfortunately, many men are still dumb and they fall for all the makeup, hair bleaching, fake tanning, and plastic surgery.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:10 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
No woman is truly single. There's always a man in the wings for her.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:30 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Since all other things are equal, the one with the crappier attitude towards other people is most likely to be single.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:41 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
It also depends on how we define "NOT SINGLE."

Any woman can punch well above her weight if the only objective is to have casual sex, FWB arrangements and casual dating relationships. The vast majority of men cannot attract women AT OR ABOVE THEIR "LEVEL" for anything that doesn't involve a reasonably serious commitment.

Women hold the cards for NSA sex, flings etc., but men are often more successful when dealing with women that actually want a serious relationship that leads somewhere. In other words, a woman that's a "6" can easily pull a male "9" if she's content to share him with other women. However if she wants monogamy, she may find that pulling that "9" becomes much more difficult.
There's a saying that I always considered to be basically true most times in terms of sex and relationships (maybe less so now than the past): The woman controls whether or not there will be sex, but the man determines if there will be a relationship or not.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:01 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
No woman is truly single. There's always a man in the wings for her.
Then I guess, no one is single.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:24 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I'm still trying to figure out what "truly single" really means.

From my understanding being single means not romantically involved with anyone, regardless if someone happens to like or be interested in you. That doesn't matter if you don't return the same feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships