Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to be single?
Hot male 85 62.96%
Hot female 50 37.04%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times

Advertisements

My daily poll on CD, simple question who do you think is more likely to be single an attractive man or an attractive woman? Now to be clear when I say single I mean no romantic relationships of any kind to anyone.

No dating
No exclusive relationship
No casual sex with someone on the side

Nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 09:09 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times
Most people go through a dry spell here and there, regardless of gender. Some are single by choice. I would say this happens to both genders.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:10 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I think this would come down to personality - not gender. I think most attractive people could be in a romantic relationship unless they have a horrible personality or absolutely no social skills.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:11 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,468 times
Larkspur is right. Everyone has dry spells. With that being said, if both are as attractive to be considered "Hot male" and "Hot female" as in your poll, its more than likely they will be "seeing/dating" many people and will not consider themselves "single" or in "relationship".

I know some incredibly HOT and sexy women who are technically single, but they have lots of guy friends they hang out with and even date. So they can pretty much at any time choose not to be single because there are so many potential candidates to choose from. With "hot" people, its just a matter of them decided to be with one person instead of dating many. Its a luxury that only hot people have.

EDIT: Just reread your post and saw the qualifiers in your thread. LOL. Maybe you need to change your poll question from "single" to sad and lonely. LOL.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:12 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Brad.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
My daily poll on CD, simple question who do you think is more likely to be single an attractive man or an attractive woman? Now to be clear when I say single I mean no romantic relationships of any kind to anyone.

No dating

Nothing
Interesting question.

I think one of the big differences between women and men is that many women choose to spend parts of their lives--sometimes larges parts of their lives--without romantic and/or sexual attachments. Men almost never choose this. When men aren't getting regular sex, they quickly become depressed, irritable and generally unhappy. Women generally seem less susceptible to this, for whatever reason.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:23 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Interesting question.

I think one of the big differences between women and men is that many women choose to spend parts of their lives--sometimes larges parts of their lives--without romantic and/or sexual attachments. Men almost never choose this. When men aren't getting regular sex, they quickly become depressed, irritable and generally unhappy. Women generally seem less susceptible to this, for whatever reason.
Key word. This is true though and why I've always said women are better at being single than men are because it's more of a choice when they're single

Old 04-05-2014, 09:43 AM

663 posts, read 778,233 times
I would say the hot girl is more likely to be single because she chooses so.

The hot guy, if going through a dry spell, would most likely hit up a bar, bring a girl home and sleep with her. He is willing to compromise for a 6 even if he is a 9. I've seen it many times. Tons of 6"3 guys muscular and good looking, sometimes have to settle with a 5 or a 6 for a one night stand.

The hot girl...she is more likely to not compromise and thus she is more likely to remain single. She knows she is a 9 and demands only the best.

You see in the forums as well: average chicks here demanding the best: no video game playing guy, taller than her, good income, full set of hair, physically fit, etc.

So how picky do you think the hot girl will be?

Old 04-05-2014, 09:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

No dating

Nothing

You need a new hobby.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:50 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
When men aren't getting regular sex, they quickly become depressed, irritable and generally unhappy.
I don't think that's always true. Some men seem just fine without it. I think there are men who WANT it and therefore fall into the states you mention when they don't have it, and then there are men who don't want it (maybe they're jaded or value other things more) and are fine without it and don't fall into those states. I mention this because I see these men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships