Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: To all the women, what do you think of womanizers and playboys?
I find them incredibly attractive 5 14.29%
They disgust me 22 62.86%
Nothing much, boys will be boys 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 06:40 AM

408 posts, read 723,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The better question in this thread is why anyone would give a rat's arse what a 36 year old virgin has to say about intimate relationships.
Honestly reading posters make fun of the 36 year old virgin is like watching the popular kids in high school bully the nerds. I swear this kind of behavior unfortunately never ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 06:50 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Honestly reading posters make fun of the 36 year old virgin is like watching the popular kids in high school bully the nerds. I swear this kind of behavior unfortunately never ends.
Yep. I could keep a thread going forever with this crowd.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
I didn't know he was 36 and a virgin....hmmm @anyrate, I guess, it all makes sense why hes still a virgin.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Make fun of? How about stating the obvious? It's astonishing to me that a forum dedicated to people discussing intimate relationships is filled with so many people who've never had relationships, don't desire them and/or fear them.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:07 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
I can't vote because my answer isn't in the list. Mine is, I don't care about them. I am certainly not attracted to them, I am not disgusted by them either (disgust is such a strong word. I just don't care what they do so why waste my time being disgusted). The "nothing much" comes closest because I really don't give them much of a second though, but follow up with boys will be boys I don't agree with because that's a bit misandric (saying that all men are that way--can't control themselves, etc).

Personally, I don't care and I ignore them. They tend to ignore me too. So it's mutual

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When a womanizer or "player" walks into a room, women aren't attracted to him because he's a player. They don't even know him. However, if they do go out with him and realize it.. they'll most likely dump him.

I don't understand how this is even a question or how you find this worth of discussion.
This too. A player is easy to spot... womanizer not so much (at least for me). But if I did end up with one, you can bet I would dump him. I have no time for that non-sense. Luckily, like I said, I've run into neither. Now, if you want to talk about insecure/indecisive/possibly damaged men... I can talk. For some inexplicable reason I am drawn to that type and vice versa.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Make fun of? How about stating the obvious? It's astonishing to me that a forum dedicated to people discussing intimate relationships is filled with so many people who've never had relationships, don't desire them and/or fear them.
Maybe because they're frustrated and trying to figure out, often awkwardly I'll admit, how people seem to do something so easily that's nearly impossible for them.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

This too. A player is easy to spot... womanizer not so much (at least for me). But if I did end up with one, you can bet I would dump him. I have no time for that non-sense. Luckily, like I said, I've run into neither. Now, if you want to talk about insecure/indecisive/possibly damaged men... I can talk. For some inexplicable reason I am drawn to that type and vice versa.
Change that to women and we're one in the same. Let's call it a deal and just say everyone's messed up and it's not our fault for attracting crazy people :P

Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Maybe because they're frustrated and trying to figure out, often awkwardly I'll admit, how people seem to do something so easily that's nearly impossible for them.
I don't know, most people want to be frustrated, whine and complain. No one likes a whiner, but people coming here and asking for help in a respectful way are always given help and everyone is almost always positive. It's not until they start calling women dirty whores who look for alpha male drug dealers that people get annoyed.

It's not like relationships are the only part of life where this type of behavior is annoying. I see people like this at the card tables all the time. They complain about bad cards, bad beats or luck... when in reality I could name so many errors that they made which caused their "bad luck". Sometimes people need to get some humility, accept their errors and try to learn and get better. The ones with that kind of attitude are typically successful in all parts of their life.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Change that to women and we're one in the same. Let's call it a deal and just say everyone's messed up and it's not our fault for attracting crazy people :P
LOL... yeah, I have to agree. I sometimes think people with insecurity/issues, etc are drawn to people who are secure/happy. Kind of like the way a crying child is drawn to a calm and nurturing parent. Not to say people with issues are children, but I think there is a basic, deep rooted, human need for comfort when distressed. I like being supportive like that to loved ones, but there is a limit because some people are just too full of self-inflicted issues/drama.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
I don't know, most people want to be frustrated, whine and complain. No one likes a whiner, but people coming here and asking for help in a respectful way are always given help and everyone is almost always positive. It's not until they start calling women dirty whores who look for alpha male drug dealers that people get annoyed.

It's not like relationships are the only part of life where this type of behavior is annoying. I see people like this at the card tables all the time. They complain about bad cards, bad beats or luck... when in reality I could name so many errors that they made which caused their "bad luck". Sometimes people need to get some humility, accept their errors and try to learn and get better. The ones with that kind of attitude are typically successful in all parts of their life.
Most of the people who we'd both agree are complaining and blaming other people or things akin to luck are men. I think many of these guys are depressed. Ruminating is a classic symptom of depression which cruelly furthers the condition. Blaming others for real and imagined ills is a common way for men to react when depressed. It doesn't excuse the behavior, but for me it puts it in a different context.

Depressed people are a pain to be around sometimes. They don't express their hurt in ways that are easy to hear. I'm not saying everyone who complains on here is depressed, but I suspect some are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships