Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 06:11 PM

770 posts, read 1,798,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm curious if "a lot" of men like fat women as the OP said, why do the majority of high status men such as entertainers, actors, and athletes (men with unlimited options) all date slender not overweight women? You'd think if it was "a lot" you'd see more than a handful of anecdotal examples.
Because, those are men whose image depends on having a fit, slender woman on their shoulders unlike your average man. I think that you are just a bit narrow-minded or just extremely judgmental towards guys who like heavier girls. The fact is, many guys out there who are not overweight themselves just happen to like heavy girls for whatever reason. Also, it isn't just always about looks, it also has to do with the fact that a guy could be with a heavy girl because he loves her personality and they have a lot in common.

Most importantly, it is no one's business who someone chooses date and or get into a relationship with. If a couple is happy together, that is all that matter. People can judge all they want because a man or woman doesn't go with the social norm of pretty/handsome, fit, ect., but more often than not, those people don't care what others think (such as the saying "haters gonna hate" suggest).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The 30+ male crowd knows not to openly judge the relationship choices of other men.

That said, if Robert's wife is unanimously attractive, he will enjoy a greater amount of tacit respect from other men than James whose wife is unattractive.

And let's not condone being overweight just because a couple of posters are chubby chasers. Being overweight is unhealthy and not a good life/relationship choice.

It may not be healthy but if those people are secure with themselves and fine with being overweight, then it is not your right or anyone else's to judge or criticize them. Unless they are close friends or family, then it is no one's business.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
My point exactly. "A lot" of men don't like fat women. They can't do better.
Actually "a lot" of them can do better. Many just don't try or have the courage to approach or date prettier ladies.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Everyone rationalizes their place in life
So what? You seem to be one of those who thinks that only the best looking people in this world are the ones that matter. Pathetic.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
If skinny people want to date skinny people so be it. If you like a big lady or big guy so be it.Busy bodies need to mind their own business. Usually people who are insecure in their own life or bored with it will demean others.

I personally don't care what you look like actions speak greatly.

A pretty lady can be extremely mean.An ugly lady can have the heart of gold and treat you right.Looks fade.....a life partner whom is actually there for you in the long haul of life is worth his time.
Do you want to be old and unhappy with regrets?

Old 04-10-2014, 06:25 PM

4 posts, read 27,197 times
Not just men judge their male friends of they like big women. Women are not better. Most recent example- A girlfriend of mine just started dating an overweight man. All of my other girlfriends are teasing her all the time about that. I don't really care to be honest, as long as she's happy.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
I'm not sure if the passive aggressiveness in the post is aimed at me or the OP, please confirm.
Uh, obviously YOU.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
because they appear to have something wrong with them

plus it falls outside the boundary of what i consider normal.
Typical of a narrow-minded judgmental type such as yourself. Also, don't try to act like you have never seen skinny or somewhat fit guys walking hand in hand with a larger woman. Unless you live in a one-horse town that has a population of about 200, then I don't believe you when you say that you haven't observed this type of relationship outside of the internet.

Good thing is, most people who date larger women wouldn't care what you think.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Larger women are like women of any other size or body type. Some are unattractive, some are average, and some are knockouts. I like big girls myself - especially the knockouts.
Touche'

Old 04-11-2014, 04:55 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Actually "a lot" of them can do better. Many just don't try or have the courage to approach or date prettier ladies.
Here's the thing: a lot of them really CAN'T do better. But not for reasons the fat-haters think. When you are with the person you want to be with it really doesn't get any better. I don't think there is a HEALTHY relationship out there in which one partner looks at the other and silently thinks, "I can do better."

But little nuances with word choice aside, I appreciate what you are trying to say. It is downright idiotic to assume that anyone who is with a partner who is overweight has "settled." It displays a very limited understanding for individual preference and how the idea of attraction varies from person to person. But good luck explaining these ideas to fat haters. When someone is dead set on having an irrational belief no amount of logic can change his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships