Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

You know, if the OP had just asked, "Do you want a partner who can cook?" - this would have been a totally different thread.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:24 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
So, we all know men are still expected to initiate everything and provide. But do you still think women should hold up their end of the gender roles with cooking and cleaning?
Dude, why aren't women approaching you? Maybe it's your hostile vibe. How about everybody do what they want? Whoever wants to cook, does that. Maybe they hire somebody to clean and do laundry. Just because one person makes more than the other doesn't give them the right to crack the whip on the other. That kind of penny ante shyt does not lead to happy campers. A good relationship isn't about keeping score or lording it over one or the other. It's about working things out together, to mutual satisfaction. That's how mature adults work it. How old are you, anyway? Is this for a highschool project?

Old 04-12-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
And yet you still took the time to reply.
I'm not even sure what that means… The thread is basically offensive to women. My replying or not replying doesn't change that. If he had intended it NOT to be offensive - he would have phrased it the way I did in my last post.

A relationship is not based on how much money one person makes and how well the other person cooks. People bring more "to the table" than income and culinary skills. What did my husband expect from each other? We expected love, honestly, loyalty, humor, silliness, laughter, passion, etc. You can't measure a person's worth in dollars and cents or in housekeeping skills. Our lives have ended up where he is the sole breadwinner and I take care of the house, cooking, and children - but we didn't demand or expect this of each other. It's just how things came about. And I LOVE cooking - it's become one of my passions. But I never expected him to be the sole breadwinner and he never expected me to be a stay at home mom. We love our life together and we are both really proud of each other - but we don't measure our value as people or partners by how much he makes and how good I can cook.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,816 times
No. Gender roles are fricking stupid.

I'm one of those quasi-millennial, and I can cook. And I mean cook. I also can clean, sew, fix anything up, and hunt.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:33 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
No. Gender roles are fricking stupid.

I'm one of those quasi-millennial, and I can cook. And I mean cook. I also can clean, sew, fix anything up, and hunt.
I can cook. And i love to cook for the ladies. And they love me to cook for them. Win-win!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I can cook. And i love to cook for the ladies. And they love me to cook for them. Win-win!
I had a couple of guys cook for me in college - back when I couldn't cook at all. It was very romantic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships