Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Very sound and thoughtful advice. You ARE a pro at relationships.
A "pro" at relationships surely has one.

An "amateur" has reams of pick up lines. He is always looking because he cannot hold a "relationship" with anyone other than himself, for any longer than an evening.

So OP - tell us - how have your efforts rewarded you?

It's been a few days, surely The Pick Up has been attempted by now...so how did it go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Like dis:

Do You Have A Boyfriend? - YouTube

Old 04-23-2014, 06:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
WTH was that?

Old 04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
WTH was that?
Dat was Teste. He is the baddest of bad. Google search edbassmaster teste, he's a funny comedian alter ego.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Dat was Teste. He is the baddest of bad. Google search edbassmaster teste, he's a funny comedian alter ego.
Did he teach you to spell/speak too?

Old 04-23-2014, 10:12 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ8 View Post
Does a bear **** in da woodz?
Hang on I asked that to MJ7, you are MJ8 lmao

Related? same person?

Old 03-01-2016, 01:20 AM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
WhipperSnapper 88's statistics:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...682.html#stats

Hahaha..... Guns and Hunting doesn't even register in the top 5 forums I post in. You must have a lot of time on your hands to go digging through my posts like that, of course, given your overly cynical opinions on people in general, that certainly comes at no surprise!!! { ZING!!!! } yes, I do appreciate and value my Second Amendment Rights under the Constitution as an American Citizen. Paranoid survivalist fantasies? Don't know where that's coming from but then again you are one to make assumptions.

I think I have a pretty good read on you. You've expressed your opinion and I get it loud and clear. This is an open forum, so you are free to respond to my posts if you like, but I think I'll be ignoring yours from here on in....

Thanks for all of your replies and advice. I assure you it will be taken in to consideration.

Hey WhipperSnapper 88 (the OP of this thread):

How's it going? I just happened to glance back at this thread, of which the last posting to it (prior to my own new posting that you are reading now) was nearly two years ago. Did you ever, in fact, make any moves on the video store woman or on any other women while they were in the midst of working at a particular work setting or venue of whatever type (e.g, a supermarket or convenience store, a Best Buy or Staples or Target or Apple Store or Home Depot or a public library or university or a restaurant or bowling alley or a hospital or a whole myriad of other possible examples)? If so, how did it go and what kind of approach(es) did you use?

Old 03-01-2016, 02:28 PM

26 posts, read 22,602 times
Lol i was once very interested in a guy working at a fast food restaurant and i wrote my # down on the napkin and left my food on the table so he could clean... What do you know he texted me later that night and we hit it off pretty good

Old 03-01-2016, 02:46 PM

251 posts, read 175,465 times
Quote:
I'm sure I'll probably get some grief for this thread subject but so be it...

There is this store in my area where I rent my blue rays and the clerk behind the counter is a real cutie. Today I was thinking to myself It'd be cool to take her out on a date but then I was like, how would you even go from "can I see your rental card please" to "hey, let's go out some time"... How would you even stear a conversation in that direction?

I'm not asking for my specific situation but just in general. How would someone get from point A to point B in the few seconds that you would interact with that person?

Thanks.
The cute woman working the cash register at Big-R the last time I was there was admiring my new boots I was buying. She also double checked the size....

You know what the girls always say.......LOL

I'd say she is/was right!

Old 03-01-2016, 02:50 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
I'm sure I'll probably get some grief for this thread subject but so be it...

There is this store in my area where I rent my blue rays and the clerk behind the counter is a real cutie. Today I was thinking to myself It'd be cool to take her out on a date but then I was like, how would you even go from "can I see your rental card please" to "hey, let's go out some time"... How would you even stear a conversation in that direction?

I'm not asking for my specific situation but just in general. How would someone get from point A to point B in the few seconds that you would interact with that person?

Thanks.

Lol well since I used to work in one of the Organic upscale
food stores, I actually had this happen many times from customers....
Different guys used different tactics.....

One guy would come in about the same time every night- he was exactly my type, too-
blonde & blue (yum)
He's hardly even shop, he'd just meander over to my register when he realized I had no customers....
Then we'd just chat about life, love & the pursuit of fun
He inevitably gave me his number

Another guy would come in, sometimes alone, sometimes w/ a friend...
They'd get some food & sit in the eatery just staring at me.....
Recently I ran into that guy- & he admitted he was obsessed w/ going there just to watch me.
He said he brought his friend thinking he'd work up the courage to ask me out

That's only 2 examples- but I find that being direct is best.

From experience- get bold & just be flirty & ask her out,
because having guys hang around & just stare has always been kind of unsettling......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships