Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:37 AM

408 posts, read 722,460 times

Advertisements

For me it was in middle school where a girl I asked to the dance flat out told me no. She didn't even try to pretend she would consider it. Thankfully so far adult women have been a bit more polite.

So guys what is the most humiliating way a girl or woman has turned you down? It doesn't matter if it was in school or as an adult. Lets hear it! And whatever happened to the girl? She end up with a jerk? She end up being married happily ever after?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 06:43 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,024,345 times
Always a great idea to focus on the negative.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:01 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Middle school? Really?

Do you really expect 11 year old kids to use tact and diplomacy when saying no at a school dance? And you are still hanging on to this?

So weird.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 AM

164 posts, read 282,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
For me it was in middle school where a girl I asked to the dance flat out told me no. She didn't even try to pretend she would consider it. Thankfully so far adult women have been a bit more polite.

So guys what is the most humiliating way a girl or woman has turned you down? It doesn't matter if it was in school or as an adult. Lets hear it! And whatever happened to the girl? She end up with a jerk? She end up being married happily ever after?
I was turned down by being blocked on Facebook and verbally that you are too ugly and I only interested in tall and good looking guy.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:50 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,064,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post

She said "no" and that was humiliating for you? Sounds like she was just being direct.
And why the "whatever happened to the girl?" question? This almost sounds bitter, as if you'd take a lot of satisfaction if she ended up with someone you consider a jerk.

Sad, really sad. If you are only in HS I'll give you a pass for ruminating over this, otherwise, time to move on.

Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,513 times
There's a bunch of times in bars and clubs that I've tried to approach or talk to women and they either ignored me like I wasn't there or straight laughed at me.

I've seen it happen to friends too. One of my friends was going up to a bar to get a drink and just mistakenly bumped into a girl and she snickered at him and gave him the hand .

To be honest, that type of stuff doesn't bother me that much, but it's kind of disturbing that people could be so mean spirited. It's happened a lot, so I'm sure some posters here have done it.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:35 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,356 times
One time long long ago I thought I experienced rejection…nah, I was wrong

Old 04-20-2014, 09:07 AM

993 posts, read 1,560,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
There's a bunch of times in bars and clubs that I've tried to approach or talk to women and they either ignored me like I wasn't there or straight laughed at me.

I've seen it happen to friends too. One of my friends was going up to a bar to get a drink and just mistakenly bumped into a girl and she snickered at him and gave him the hand .

To be honest, that type of stuff doesn't bother me that much, but it's kind of disturbing that people could be so mean spirited. It's happened a lot, so I'm sure some posters here have done it.
That's horrible! I have never in my life done that to a guy, and I don't understand the women who do. Typically, if I'm not interested in a man who's hitting on me, I'll smile and be polite long enough until he recognizes that that's all he's going to get from me. There's no need to be rude unless the man is being an aggressive, overly-persistent jerk.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
That's horrible! I have never in my life done that to a guy, and I don't understand the women who do. Typically, if I'm not interested in a man who's hitting on me, I'll smile and be polite long enough until he recognizes that that's all he's going to get from me. There's no need to be rude unless the man is being an aggressive, overly-persistent jerk.
I can definitely see why a woman would ignore or even laugh at a guy who tried to hit on her. Basically it will be the 10th or 20th or 100th guy who interrupted her conversation with some clumsy attempt to get into her pants. Yes, it is annoying and slightly degrading to be approached over and over when you have been giving out NO signals, other than having boobs.

So if you approach the wrong woman at the wrong time in the wrong way, you are going to get brutally rejected on behalf of all the others who tried before.

Think about that the next time the 10th panhandler comes up to you shaking his coffee cup for change and you will have an inkling of why it is hard to always be polite and sensitive to other people's fragile egos.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
People are nasty.

The other day, I was waiting to enter the freeway and I let this guy cut in front of me.

Then, when I had to get back in I nodded at him and he drove up and wouldn't let me in and he stared right at me.

Adjusting your level of coldness and heartlessness to match the world is just another form of bitterness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships