Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When was the last time you asked a woman out?
Within the last 24 hours 2 3.92%
Within the last week 4 7.84%
Within the last month 13 25.49%
Within the last 6 months 9 17.65%
Over a year 23 45.10%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:16 PM

898 posts, read 937,877 times

Advertisements

I went on seven dates within the last few weeks, all of which I initiated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 05:18 PM

346 posts, read 351,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, you must be pretty good-looking. Sorry the truth is so hard for you to swallow. Kicking and screaming isn't going to change it.

I'm sorry but I 'm not buying that I get more attention than women apparently. And 15-20 women here don't represent the millions offline.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:18 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
How do we find these types of women? Seems like women (where I'm from) hate being approached.
Look for women who look like they don't get approached, I guess. Try average-looking women. Or join activities, volunteer, etc. and hit up the women you get to know there.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
I'm sorry but I 'm not buying that I get more attention than women apparently. And 15-20 women here don't represent the millions offline.
Undoubtedly you do get more attention than some women. Why is that so hard to believe?

Old 08-12-2014, 05:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I know I'm not a guy but, 2011.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:27 PM

346 posts, read 351,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Undoubtedly you do get more attention than some women. Why is that so hard to believe?

Because wherever you go, it's women getting hit on not men. Even the best looking guys don't get hit on that often. Go to any social setting and it's women getting approached, not men. I've never seen any guy get approached unless he either has a high social standing or he's at the upper echelon of physical attractiveness(male model). And I've been around models. In 26 years, I've met two guys who were truly that good looking to get either approached or having a girl regularly send their friends to find out about him...and one of them was gay.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:37 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Because wherever you go, it's women getting hit on not men.
Are you talking about someplace specific, or do you really see this everywhere? Like we were talking about upthread, plenty of women get up, drive to work, sit at their desk all day, run some errands after work, and go home without getting hit on at all. Maybe they have hobbies, but they're things like yoga and book club where they don't meet a lot of men. Their friends are all married and they don't hang out in bars. This is not at all unusual, especially for women who are 30+.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:45 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Are you talking about someplace specific, or do you really see this everywhere? Like we were talking about upthread, plenty of women get up, drive to work, sit at their desk all day, run some errands after work, and go home without getting hit on at all. Maybe they have hobbies, but they're things like yoga and book club where they don't meet a lot of men. Their friends are all married and they don't hang out in bars. This is not at all unusual, especially for women who are 30+.
This is me... sort of. I mean, I drive to work, work all day, drive home and maybe stop at the store. Go back to my suburban neighborhood full of married couples, some of whom are my friends. I swim in the community pool (again full of families). I do have male oriented hobbies though, scuba diving being the #1. But most of those guys are married, trust me, I chat them all up on the boat and it's all, "my wife this, my wife that." Nice guys, but taken. Well, except one guy I dated for a few months--but he got all "I can't commit" on me (even when I never asked him to commit).

Once in a while I might meet someone my age, maybe. Not all that often and certainly not "all the time."

Sounds like DigIn is talking about "meet-markets" like bars and clubs. I am just not into that sort of thing. I am more domestic and rather bake cookies and go to the community tailgate.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:50 PM

113 posts, read 113,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
This is me... sort of. I mean, I drive to work, work all day, drive home and maybe stop at the store. Go back to my suburban neighborhood full of married couples, some of whom are my friends. I swim in the community pool (again full of families). I do have male oriented hobbies though, scuba diving being the #1. But most of those guys are married, trust me, I chat them all up on the boat and it's all, "my wife this, my wife that." Nice guys, but taken. Well, except one guy I dated for a few months--but he got all "I can't commit" on me (even when I never asked him to commit).

Once in a while I might meet someone my age, maybe. Not all that often and certainly not "all the time."

Sounds like DigIn is talking about "meet-markets" like bars and clubs. I am just not into that sort of thing. I am more domestic and rather bake cookies and go to the community tailgate.

so you put absolutely zero effort in dating whatsoever (not even willing to go into the night scene or try online dating) and then complain that you can't meet a guy?

That's shocking . Ladies on this site complain that men are entitled when they just want some situations where a woman is obviously interested and is open to an approach, yet many of the ladies on this site expect to sit home all day and have prince charming beat down their doors

Old 08-12-2014, 05:50 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
Quote:

And again, you seem to think CD represents real life. It doesn't match anything. And it doesn't matter what you "think" counts as attention. That creep, rebel, whatever you want to call him; it still counts as attention. It's still an option for you, even if it's an option you wouldn't exercise. Do women have men come onto them 24/7? No, but don't act like there's women who get none of it. Unless you morbidly obese, all women get male attention to at least some extent. If I can get female attention on a semi-often basis, then I think an average looking woman will get at least an equal amount herself.

You must not know what a rebel yell is... it's a "Yeah... Ha!" from a speeding car. Not really an option as I can't chase down a speeding car on foot... but it is "attention" just not the kind of attention that leads to anything.

You are right, I get male attention, I never said I didn't. But it doesn't happen as much as some people seem to think here. Once every few months, maybe... that's about it. Unless you count men just talking to me and being polite (which women do too to me by the way). But I don't think that counts because, again, we are talking about something that leads to something like dating, etc. I suppose if I was hanging out at bars and clubs and other such places I would get more attention, but it's really not my thing with all the smoke, noise, and crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships