Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,523,884 times

Advertisements

So, after experiencing a heartbreaking breakup on april 2013 (after breaking up with my boyfriend of 7 years, whom i live with), and an amazing unexpected romance afterwards that lasted 6-8 months (i wrote a lot about this romance here) and left me, if it was possible, even more heartbroken, i ended 2013 in a very sad way (wondering if it was possible to be heartbroken this bad twice in a year and surviving)

Started 2014 having horrible or pathetic dates, think they could do a sitcom or a really stupid comedy with my awful dates. Being a 30 year old, somewhat attractive, girl, in a big city in where men are crazy or confused or pathetic or....oh well

the thing is, after 5 very horrible months, in where i had dates with unadequate nerds, jerks and plain a**holes, i was ready to stop dating cause the fun i had with my friends narrating my awkward dates wasnt even worth the pain of going through them anymore, until i met this guy.

Wonderful. So nice. Gentleman. Succesful. Damn. We went on 6 dates. I havent fall instantly for him like i did with the last guy i went out it, the passion wasnt mindblowing like with that guy either, but, we really connected and slowly things start to build up. He took me to the movies, to dinners, to the theather, it was all very nice. Slept at his house twice. He slept at mine twice. We ve been dating for 2 weeks but had 6 dates and talk everyday. He likes to cuddle and sleep over (i actually would have preffer him to leave the first time he came to my house, but he wanted to stay), he likes to hug, he calls me/texts me several times everyday, he is very caring and sweet and kiss me hugs me a lot and likes to hold hans the few times we walk on the street (cause he haves a car so he comes pick me up wherever we go, he even agreed to take me home at 3 in the morning the first time we slept together at his place, cause i wanted to sleep in my bed, despite him wanting me to stay at his place)

Now, the thing is, im not used to date, i ve been in relationships for the last 12 years (7 years with one, 5 with the other, and last year i had a very intense 6 month relationship) they were always serious/formals relationships it was clear we were boyfriend/girlfriend from the get go.

But this is different, im in a grey zone now. He is not my boyfriend, but he is not the guy im sleeping with either, cause we talk about our day everyday, make plans, he seems to be much more than a f**k, but still no boyfriend, so my question is: do i have to ask him where we stand? do i have to just let things flow? do i have to assume we are going out? im a bit lost, sometimes i even think im in a relationship but no one asked me about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 08:33 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
So you've had sex, you aren't just sleeping over?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So you've had sex, you aren't just sleeping over?
Yeah, of course we ve had sex

He actually waited till the third date, and i thought it was a bit much, but i know nothing of dating etiquette

Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
Sounds fine to me, what more do you want?

Some sort of ring or something?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Just go with the flow.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Sounds fine to me, what more do you want?

Some sort of ring or something?
some indication of what kind of relationship this is, so if i know we are officially dating i can be my real self and start annoying him like a proper girlfriend

Old 06-07-2014, 08:42 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,764 times
Two weeks, six dates and sex mean that things are moving kinda fast. Slow down, take time to get over the last guy before starting a relationship with another one. To answer your question, it looks just fun and sex..

Old 06-07-2014, 08:42 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
some indication of what kind of relationship this is, so if i know we are officially dating i can be my real self and start annoying him like a proper girlfriend
Ah I see.

You want a replacement unit.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Hold that for way later.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:45 PM

66 posts, read 78,661 times
Definitely don't assume anything, but if you've only been seeing each other for 2 weeks then he may feel like it's too soon to call it yet.

However, if he still hasn't asked you in some fashion to be his girlfriend or to take the commitment to the next level soon, I'd bring it up. Maybe if a month passes...

Of course, now that he's getting laid he may not even care about that 'relationship' part anymore, if he ever did. But sounds like, and I hope for you, that that's not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships