Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,736,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatlady View Post
Bahahahahaaaa! You guys are too funny.

You've made so many assumptions. He does not still live at home. He doesn't prefer large breasts. He's neutral. We don't spend hours discussing breasts. It just came up. No one has ever broken up with him. Yes, he's been in a long term relationship before (this is the one that couldn't talk about the 401K or grown up issues).

He likes to drink socially but isn't looking for a drunk as a potential mother of his future children.

The same person had all the allergies. His sister is a fourth year veterinary student. We LOVE animals. He is a family man. He would like to spend time with his entire family, including his future wife and parents and sister (who have cats). Go out for pizza and a beer? Not happening. Try to give her a little kiss after eating shimp, clams, etc. Nope.

He doesn't bring up citizenship on first dates, but his dates do.

When you first meet someone, they don't automatically tell you that they are moving to Dallas.

I didn't post for him, I posted for other women whom always wonder why they don't called back after the first date or two.

Take it for what it's worth. Don't try to read between the lines.

Why is he a little picky? Because he can be!!!!!

And yes, he really is that WONDERFUL!!!!!
Crazy. My 11 year old niece is allergic to cats. For the two weeks she spends at my house every summer, she takes Benadryl and plays with my cat. I'm hyper vigilant with the vacuum in those two weeks and we've never had that much of an issue about it. Anyone who doesn't drink can go out for pizza and beer, but can eat pizza and drink a Pepsi. What's the big deal if you wait to kiss someone after you have eaten something they're allergic to? We all have our own little weird things that it just seems so small in comparison.

There is honestly nothing on this list that I feel will help any woman figure out why a guy won't call them back after the first date or two. In all reality, if a guy doesn't call you back in the first date or two, don't automatically assume it's your lack of citizenship or your allergies. Just acknowledge that he doesn't want to see you again and the "why" is unimportant as this is just not the right person for you and wallowing in the "why?" can stop you from moving onto the guy who will be the right person for you.

Again - everyone has the right to be picky, but the problem I have with this list is it is in no way universal and comes across as being harsh to women. As though, "this is how YOU blow it with this great guy" when it doesn't seem like that's truly the case. Now that you've indicated that these weren't truly first or second date issues, then I really hope he is telling the girls why he does not want to see them again as opposed to just not calling them back.

My mother also thinks I am that wonderful. She gave me life and is very biased. Even at my worst, she thinks I am great. It's nice, but I also don't let that make me think that the problem is always with other people and never with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 06:28 AM

213 posts, read 377,016 times
Again, assumptions. You assumed that I said my son was perfect. I never did. I said he was WONDERFUL. Everyone has their flaws.

This thread was about why SOME girls didn't a second date. There is nothing to debate. The bullets are facts. They are reasons why SOME girls didn't get a second date, nothing more, nothing less. Period.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
Crazy. My 11 year old niece is allergic to cats. For the two weeks she spends at my house every summer, she takes Benadryl and plays with my cat. I'm hyper vigilant with the vacuum in those two weeks and we've never had that much of an issue about it. Anyone who doesn't drink can go out for pizza and beer, but can eat pizza and drink a Pepsi. What's the big deal if you wait to kiss someone after you have eaten something they're allergic to? We all have our own little weird things that it just seems so small in comparison.

There is honestly nothing on this list that I feel will help any woman figure out why a guy won't call them back after the first date or two. In all reality, if a guy doesn't call you back in the first date or two, don't automatically assume it's your lack of citizenship or your allergies. Just acknowledge that he doesn't want to see you again and the "why" is unimportant as this is just not the right person for you and wallowing in the "why?" can stop you from moving onto the guy who will be the right person for you.

Again - everyone has the right to be picky, but the problem I have with this list is it is in no way universal and comes across as being harsh to women. As though, "this is how YOU blow it with this great guy" when it doesn't seem like that's truly the case. Now that you've indicated that these weren't truly first or second date issues, then I really hope he is telling the girls why he does not want to see them again as opposed to just not calling them back.

My mother also thinks I am that wonderful. She gave me life and is very biased. Even at my worst, she thinks I am great. It's nice, but I also don't let that make me think that the problem is always with other people and never with me.
Exactly this. There's not much helpful on that list other than some weird specific advice to his situation.

And yeah, it does come across as harsh to women, and very much like "Mommy knows that no one will ever be good enough for her little boy." Speaks more about the mom and her son than the women he "isn't calling back."

Old 06-17-2014, 06:39 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
of course he is-I'd shake his hand, but I'm afraid I might turn to gold
I think the way your OP was worded gave off the impression all this stuff was first date fodder. You post that here are the reasons he didn;t call for a second date, then list your seven bullet points, it leads one to believe that your son thinks these should be discussed on the first date, so I can see why folks thought the way they did. Now that you clarified it makes a bit more sense although I still wonder why he's coming down so harsh on the food allergies, people don't have food allergies because they enjoy it, they can't help it. If Casanova is as near perfect as you claim, he should be a bit more empathetic towards those that cant help their allergies, HE may be perfect, but most women he may meet are not
Agree...and to the bolded...it didn't "give the impression"...she stated it as fact. We all did not misunderstand her post, she made the error. Sensationalism sells, don't ya know?
See below:

Quote:

He and I were talking the other day. Here are some of the reasons that he didn't call you for a second date:

Old 06-17-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Again, assumptions. You assumed that I said my son was perfect. I never did. I said he was WONDERFUL. Everyone has their flaws.

This thread was about why SOME girls didn't a second date. There is nothing to debate. The bullets are facts. They are reasons why SOME girls didn't get a second date, nothing more, nothing less. Period.
In my post, where did I make an assumption you said your son was perfect?

And even if you think there is nothing to debate, there are ten pages of this thread debating them. They are reasons why YOUR SON didn't continue relationships with SOME girls, not some universal facts that can really help anyone else.

If anything, I think the list shown here can show some women that the problem isn't them.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:24 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
I think we're being too hard on krazykatlady here.

We *all* have a couple "weird little things" we consider a dealbreaker that most other people would scoff at.

WE. ALL. DO.

We just don't all admit it, or even have a complete conscious awareness of it.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:28 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,885 times
Quote:
Bahahahahaaaa! You guys are too funny.

You've made so many assumptions. He does not still live at home. He doesn't prefer large breasts. He's neutral. We don't spend hours discussing breasts. It just came up. No one has ever broken up with him. Yes, he's been in a long term relationship before (this is the one that couldn't talk about the 401K or grown up issues).

He likes to drink socially but isn't looking for a drunk as a potential mother of his future children.

The same person had all the allergies. His sister is a fourth year veterinary student. We LOVE animals. He is a family man. He would like to spend time with his entire family, including his future wife and parents and sister (who have cats). Go out for pizza and a beer? Not happening. Try to give her a little kiss after eating shimp, clams, etc. Nope.

He doesn't bring up citizenship on first dates, but his dates do.

When you first meet someone, they don't automatically tell you that they are moving to Dallas.

I didn't post for him, I posted for other women whom always wonder why they don't called back after the first date or two.

Take it for what it's worth. Don't try to read between the lines.

Why is he a little picky? Because he can be!!!!!

And yes, he really is that WONDERFUL!!!!!
You should have quit while you were ahead, this reply is even more arrogant and delusional than the original.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
I think we're being too hard on krazykatlady here.

We *all* have a couple "weird little things" we consider a dealbreaker that most other people would scoff at.

WE. ALL. DO.

We just don't all admit it, or even have a complete conscious awareness of it.
We do, but we don't go around spouting them as universal truths. It is normal to have things that are deal breakers to us, but it is when we try to universalize it as some inherent truth that there is a problem with it. Does that make sense?

As in, Girl A will not call a guy back for a second date because he has six dogs or likes to crochet or something. It doesn't mean that her "dealbreaker" isn't valid to her, but that doesn't mean all guys who aren't being called back fall under the same oddly specific rules.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
We do, but we don't go around spouting them as universal truths. It is normal to have things that are deal breakers to us, but it is when we try to universalize it as some inherent truth that there is a problem with it. Does that make sense?
I'm completely in agreement with all that.

I just think we're being a bit hard on her.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:48 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
I'm completely in agreement with all that.

I just think we're being a bit hard on her.
It would be different if her son posted this himself. The fact that Mommy posted it as some kind of lame advice, as if she has some kind of valid glimpse into every relationship rather than just a one-sided conversation with her baby boy, is why she is receiving flak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships