Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:24 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times

Advertisements

Butter face?

Hmmm?

I like corn on the cob too.

Seriously I think they are grading you low end poverty person which is a mind set for some.

Move. It's probably the low class of citizens you live around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 04:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Nyanna?

Old 06-21-2014, 05:05 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv90s View Post
I live in the ghetto.
Does this only happen in the ghetto? I imagine there are a lot of things that happen in the ghetto that wouldn't happen anywhere else.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Butter face?

Hmmm?

I like corn on the cob too.

Seriously I think they are grading you low end poverty person which is a mind set for some.

Move. It's probably the low class of citizens you live around.
thats my advice also.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Broaden your horizon. Every good man is not looking for a magazine type beauty. Some men do value more that just looks. Think about all that you have to offer and be the best that you can be.
I agree with this... but typically dark skin like (India Arie) black women with typical african american features aren't usually in magazines to begin with. you have a small amount of women with that description in magazines except they don't have the typical features of a black person. for example, jessica white got a nose job... black women aren't considered the type that can fit the standard of beauty to begin with.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:47 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv90s View Post
I agree with this... but typically dark skin like (India Arie) black women with typical african american features aren't usually in magazines to begin with. you have a small amount of women with that description in magazines except they don't have the typical features of a black person. for example, jessica white got a nose job... black women aren't considered the type that can fit the standard of beauty to begin with.
I don't think you should worry about the "standard of beauty" or what's in a magazine. If you make yourself the best person you can be you will attract people and eventually you'll meet the right one. Dating can be tough, and there will be some disrespectful guys, but if you find that one guy who loves you for who you are it's worth it.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:05 AM

286 posts, read 305,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Need pics
This. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on C-D with a profile pic (where's yours, Fargobound?). What gives?

Old 01-11-2015, 05:14 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
OP You're free to do as you wish. Interestingly, many men today feel the same way, but on a different issue. They've decided to forego relationships and marriage with women because they believe lots of women only use men for what they want from life, financial support, protection, social status and children.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:12 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
OP You're free to do as you wish. Interestingly, many men today feel the same way, but on a different issue. They've decided to forego relationships and marriage with women because they believe lots of women only use men for what they want from life, financial support, protection, social status and children.
This is true. And with recent advances in technology, we no longer need a partner for having children either. So even men can have children without wives, for those that want it.

Personally, I think that's great. I'd much rather have a child (and a live-in nanny) than a wife. If I'm going to be at someone's beck and call, I at least want to know that that person won't ditch me when things get tough. Children can't do that. AND they have part of my genes to boot. Win-win.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:30 AM

341 posts, read 455,792 times
I don't think I've ever met a person that was unattractive. We all have something about us that makes us attractive. Maybe you aren't being signed up for modeling contracts....that doesn't mean you are unattractive.

I have no idea what a "butter face" is, but I'm thinking you are being too hard on yourself..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships