Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:16 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
My experience is that guys always ask if I am dating others, and push for exclusivity, on the first or second date. Why do they do that?
That's my experience, too. They always say that pretty much immediately. Bringing up the "not playing around/knowing what I want/avoiding drama"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
What is wrong with me? I seem to either pick the crazies to date... or the marriage minded men to date. LOL, maybe they are one in the same. Different kind of crazy if you will

same here. Some ask me on the first date if my parents are still married, if I have genetic diseases in my family, how soon I can sell my house and other stuff that makes me feel like a breeding machine.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
same here. Some ask me on the first date if my parents are still married, if I have genetic diseases in my family, how soon I can sell my house and other stuff that makes me feel like a breeding machine.

Not hawt!

Old 07-11-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not hawt!

I have decided that next time I get asked all these questions that I will get a little more creative - my mom has no clue which of the guys was my dad, all my male relatives have a third eye, my house is in foreclosure, etc. etc.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Dating IS a pick and choose game.
Yes, I have just always taken it upon myself to date one person at a time

Old 07-11-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Yes, I have just always taken it upon myself to date one person at a time
yeah, but what if you meet a nice person and hang out once a week, slowly figuring each other out and after 2-3 weeks you coincidentally - without looking - meet another nice person.

Will you reject the second person even though you have no clue where it is going with person number one? Who could just flake on you (like many did before) and then you might have missed out on Mr./Mrs. Right?

Old 07-11-2014, 10:42 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
I have decided that next time I get asked all these questions that I will get a little more creative - my mom has no clue which of the guys was my dad, all my male relatives have a third eye, my house is in foreclosure, etc. etc.
Have you seen the movie "Wrong Turn"?.....

Wrong Turn (2003) - IMDb

Old 07-11-2014, 02:36 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
I have gotten those too. It was especially bad when I did online on a religious site.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:24 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I agree with you completely. I don't understand why people can't just enjoy life. There is so much to enjoy. Not everything needs and agenda with a need for specific outcomes for it to be enjoyable. Just live. Sometimes it is just nice to go for a walk, or drive, without having and endpoint.

I think that is primarily my dissonance with so many of other peoples viewpoints on here. There seems to be such an undercurrent of a mindset that if a date doesn't go to a second date, it was a bad first date or a failure, or if a relationship ends, or doesn't lead to marriage, it wasn't a successful relationship. I don't get this mindset at any level.
Depends, if sex is not happening then its not an enjoyment in my opinion and if it is happening then im with that person and done dating. The only way I could see dating being fun is if you literally had several women messaging you or hitting on you, as a guy, every day.

There is something about knowing its YOUR choise to pick and choose that makes waiting for sex easier. But if your the type that has to sail for months without dry land then when you find that little island you want to seal the deal.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:25 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
yeah, but what if you meet a nice person and hang out once a week, slowly figuring each other out and after 2-3 weeks you coincidentally - without looking - meet another nice person.

Will you reject the second person even though you have no clue where it is going with person number one? Who could just flake on you (like many did before) and then you might have missed out on Mr./Mrs. Right?
Most guys don't have this problem lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships