Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 02:51 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,642 times

Advertisements

I receive more than 5 mails from a particular man as profile information says he came to NL with his work.And his profile shows as certified member I am quiet not sure how it is possible with out submitting a photo but that is what shows. But from the

When I got first 5 set of letters I have send him a little message with photo request decently.

I got a reply back
Quote:
" if I send you a photo of mine you will complain I hide behind a famous celebrity so I prefer you see your self who I am on your own eyes, why don't you pick a date I will pick the time" by the way you already said that you don't care about how a person look.
What I am curious about I did not mention " I don't mind about how a person look specially in my profile,that sort of a thing if I have told that is on a forum only, and I have restricted contact options as "NO" for who has no photos " So it really made me curious how it is possible he get in to my email as there is a filter.

At the moment I ignored going to the site. I did not give any personal information to this person. But I get information to my email as I received emails from this person. I read all the messages through my email and leave it with not responding. One of my friends told me why don't you just pick a date and when he give time, you go there and watch with out appearing your self no that is not me. I feel that as inviting unwanted problems to my self.
What will your reaction if you were me? Block from everywhere and no contact? Do you feel this is weird?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 03:02 AM

818 posts, read 919,152 times
IMO , Sounds like a creepy scammer. Don't fall for this manipulation
One thing about OLD, BOTH must play by the rules.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:12 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,835,543 times
Block him. Do not engage with him further and absolutely do not meet him. Trust your instincts.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
IMO , Sounds like a creepy scammer. Don't fall for this manipulation
One thing about OLD, BOTH must play by the rules.
Thank you ! I took whole profile down for a while.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Block him. Do not engage with him further and absolutely do not meet him. Trust your instincts.
He has no my contact information other than the profile messaging but took whole profile down for some time. No interested in going there.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:26 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,407,963 times
I'm glad you took it down. He's a creeper, insanely unattractive or a scammer. All three are unacceptable.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:48 AM

7,463 posts, read 4,718,908 times
It seems like he's hiding something. But then again, I'd say more than 50% of profile photos are fake so there's not much difference. In fact, I'd give the guy props for honesty instead of posting another person's pic.

I like your friend's suggestion. If you ever do it, tell him you can meet him up for 30 minutes before you and your brother meet up to go to an aunt. It would be great if you have a guy friend who can pick you up after, but is not required.

Tell him to meet in a mall (one with many people passing by). Pick one where you can be looking over where you're supposed to meet. Tell him you'd both wear green but wear white with green underneath. See what he looks like. Take his pictures from afar. If he looks creepy, just leave and explain later online about an emergency. If he looks ok to you, then take off the white shirt and meet him. Don't give out too much personal information. Just the usual, like what one does for a living, where one is from, likes and dislikes. Keep it a short coffee break, 30 minutes tops and tell him you have to leave to meet your older brother Bruce (or something that sounds macho, definitely not Gene or Ernie or Ralph).

Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,672,998 times
Nah, don't contact.

Anybody on the up and up should have no problem producing a pic if one is requested. Don't meet anybody who is already acting secretively and in a shady manner.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:47 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,269,295 times
As for getting around the photo requirement of the site, he may have uploaded a blank image.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
It seems like he's hiding something. But then again, I'd say more than 50% of profile photos are fake so there's not much difference. In fact, I'd give the guy props for honesty instead of posting another person's pic.

I like your friend's suggestion. If you ever do it, tell him you can meet him up for 30 minutes before you and your brother meet up to go to an aunt. It would be great if you have a guy friend who can pick you up after, but is not required.

Tell him to meet in a mall (one with many people passing by). Pick one where you can be looking over where you're supposed to meet. Tell him you'd both wear green but wear white with green underneath. See what he looks like. Take his pictures from afar. If he looks creepy, just leave and explain later online about an emergency. If he looks ok to you, then take off the white shirt and meet him. Don't give out too much personal information. Just the usual, like what one does for a living, where one is from, likes and dislikes. Keep it a short coffee break, 30 minutes tops and tell him you have to leave to meet your older brother Bruce (or something that sounds macho, definitely not Gene or Ernie or Ralph).
ha ha you made me laugh. But what you say is true. Most of profile pics are fake and at some point he is being straight forward but still I am doubting. 75% of my mind saying don't but 25% giving me the curiosity "who is this"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships