Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 03:04 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
Is this seriously a question?

Older women aren't as attractive as younger women. OMG, there I said it. Now everyone knows and the cat is out of the bag. I can't believe I told you for free.

This is like how men ask why women go for the bad boys when they are young and then, after those guys stop paying attention to them, they then go for Mr. Responsible. And then women act like "oh, no, NOBODY does that, nobody I know and certainly not me!! Probably only one woman ever did that, but you stereotype us all!"
The same goes for men. Brad Pitt was way hotter 20 years ago. Sure, he still could get lots of women. That doesn't change the fact he has gotten less hot.

Sean Connery as James Bond...hot hot hot!
Sean Connery in Entrapment...not so hot.

We get it...women are hotter when they are younger. But not all young women are hotter than older women. It depends on the individual. Not all young women get hit on by older guys.

See: Rebel Wilson vs Sofia vergara

I think it's more reflective of reality that attractive people get hit on, and if they are young and attractive they get hit on the most. Shocking, I know.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
That's a great career -- if you have the stomach for it. Not that it matters, just curious -- are you Filipina? Almost every nurse (or nurse in training) that I know of personally has been Filipina/Filipino. And the girl that I mentioned who is studying to be a nurse is, you guessed it, Filipina.

And yes, personality is mandatory. Looks without personality or substance are pretty useless.
Nope. Just your average middle-aged Caucasian lady, lol.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:07 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
The same goes for men. Brad Pitt was way hotter 20 years ago. Sure, he still could get lots of women. That doesn't change the fact he has gotten less hot.

We get it...women are hotter when they are younger. But not all young women are hotter than older women. It depends on the individual. Not all young women get hit on by older guys.

I think it's more reflective of reality that attractive people get hit on, and if they are young and attractive they get hit on the most. Shocking, I know.
It's all subjective. I saw a meme on Facebook the other day showing Mark Wahlberg 20 years ago and Mark Wahlberg today. He looked great in both pics, but I thought he was much hotter in the more recent picture. The younger "baby face" does absolutely nothing for me. Same with Brad Pitt. A more mature look is definitely hotter if the person is taking care of himself.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:09 PM

214 posts, read 206,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post

Sure, but that's total cherry-picking. I mean, Sofia Vergara at age 60 will be hotter than Rebel Wilson ever was. What does that prove? Only that people aren't really attracted to Rebel Wilson. At all.

Do guys get less attractive as they get older? ABSOLUTELY. Yeah, Brad Pitt looks like a bum now, with his scraggly and douchy goatee braided with rubber bands. (For the record, since I'm a guy, I never "got" why he was the hottest man in the world. I realize he's attractive, but no more so than an average guy on the street, in my opinion.)

Old 07-31-2014, 03:10 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
It's all subjective. I saw a meme on Facebook the other day showing Mark Wahlberg 20 years ago and Mark Wahlberg today. He looked great in both pics, but I thought he was much hotter in the more recent picture. The younger "baby face" does absolutely nothing for me. Same with Brad Pitt. A more mature look is definitely hotter if the person is taking care of himself.
Thing is though, I aspire to be like Mark Zuckenberg, not Wahlberg. Young, smart, and successful .

Old 07-31-2014, 03:13 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Thing is though, I aspire to be like Mark Zuckenberg, not Wahlberg. Young, smart, and successful .
I'd rather have a drink with Marky Mark than that Zuckenberg fella.

Haha

Old 07-31-2014, 03:14 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
But how do you know the main reason(s) for younger women marrying much older men way back in time? Unless you or I can hop in a time machine and travel back in time and then personally interview every young woman married to an older man and ask them their motivations for marrying older -- we simply can't say for sure. I'm sure a lot of younger women married for convenience or security -- or in some cases were set-up in arranged marriages - but you can't accurately say that those were the main or only reasons for younger women marrying older men.
My great great grandmother was forced by her family to marry my great great grandfather and there was a forty year age gap. It was pretty apparent in her letters she left. She was very bitter he lived as long as he did. He had money and land. She had youth and beauty. Her parents got a fairly good settlement.

Most people did not marry for romantic love the same way we do now. I don't think any teenager ever thought...wow that fifty year old guy is so amazing...swoon. They might think it about a 25 year old, but you are deluding yourself if you think that about a much larger age gap.

That's like me thinking I am hotter than a good looking twenty year old. I'm attractive, but come on...

Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
I'd rather have a drink with Marky Mark than that Zuckenberg fella.

Haha
I find Zuckenberg's innovative ideas to be very attractive. A simple thought, lots of dedicated research & software development work, and Bam, all of a sudden you have made a major breakthrough in communication technology. It follows the KISS formula we engineers learn about .

Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Hot women (especially young ones) are everywhere, at the supermarket, at the gas station, at the restaurant, at the beach, at the mall, at work, even at the hospital so you can't run fron them, you can hide from them and you can't avoid them, I think hot and sexy women especially the young ones are in this planet for one purpose, to tourture men who love and admire the female beauty especially us "older men". I have to wrestle with that torture every day and remain civilized. Why are so many women so beautiful?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:17 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Because they generally find younger men more attractive, though I'm young myself so I don't fall in that category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships