Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 04:19 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
My resolve to move on and the power of time has eliminated any past feelings for someone. I only keep good memories of love I once had.

Great answer, hc! Ditto for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 06:39 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Yes, there's one person who I dated who I'd like another chance with, but he lives in another state and even if he didn't, he probably wouldn't want me back. lol

Old 07-31-2014, 06:45 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Of course. I love everyone I've been in love with (though I'm no longer in love with them), and care strongly about many others. If the connection is real, and the feelings are sincere, I don't see how people can no longer care at all (outside of abuse situations) about someone they felt so strongly about. It's a major red flag to me.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:22 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
Feelings per se, no. Those random "what if" - "what could have been" moments, yes.

With one person in particular that I had a year long crush on only to have my heart broken once we started dating. He obviously dumped me but I lived through it! I sure have my moments and cry about the way he hurt me but I'm fine now. I'm moving away soon, so I'd be delusional if I were to hope for a reunion.

I don't really wish to get back together with him unless he gets a brain transplant or maybe in 5 years when he'll finally be ready to settle down and stop sleeping around! However, for now it is a dead-end. There's no point in wasting my time wishing we could get back together because I'm sure he hasn't changed much. You can't change someone and you can't wait forever for them to finally open their eyes and seeing how amazing you are when you're just another number in their cell-phone.

Time is the only key. He was my first heartbreak and hopefully my last. I'm swearing off men until I turn 28. Maybe I'll have more chances of finding decent men at that age. We all know men in their early/mid-twenties are mostly players, not ready for a girlfriend, wanting to add to their number. It's a waste of time and energy. No more dating for me. Their loss, I'm freaking amazing!

Old 08-01-2014, 12:29 PM

11 posts, read 8,102 times
Yes, you can still love them and have feelings for them, of course. Most people can't just turn that off. The problem is he saying he is still IN LOVE with her and would drop current gf to go back. That's messed up. He hasn't moved on. He doesn't have true feelings for the current gf obviously.

I had a long term relationship that ended and I will always have love for him, but I am not in love with him & I don't want to revisit that relationship. It's the past and it will stay there.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
yep, i still love all my old girlfriends. they were all special ladies.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:37 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
I don't know if you ever entirely get over your first (not necessarily your cherry popper).

Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
No...hard to have feelings for someone that is no longer in your life. They are just memories.
I have fond memories of some folks, but I can't imagine how I would have feelings for someone in my past that I haven't been in contact with.

You know the ol' cliche...there's a special place in my heart for them.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,804,827 times
I still have romantic feelings for the last man I dated... but they are very faded and no where near as strong. I will always have feelings for him on some level (he's still my friend and it's not like our split was due to anything "bad" or "wrong.") I don't think I will completely lose the romantic feelings until I have someone to "replace" him in my heart or enough time passes. Sometimes I wish I was able to have celebrity crushes or something, lol.

I am indifferent to my ex-husband. Since we split and he came out of the closet as gay, he's not really the same person anymore... or maybe he was always hiding who he really was. His personality is completely different. I don't hate or like him, but I get along with him.

Past boyfriends, again, no hard feelings. They were from late high school, early college... the splits ups were more about going to different schools and that sort of thing. Again, nothing so dramatic to make me dislike them. But I don't love them at all anymore either--I like them though and have fond memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships