Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 02:24 PM

49 posts, read 50,089 times

Advertisements

So my ex emailed me Last night (he's blocked on everything except email since I don't know how)...
A few weeks ago I posted my story about how he cheated and is now dating the girl he cheated with.

anyways he said something along the lines of "hey, I'm sorry for everything". I didn't reply, then a little while ago he emailed me several times going "I hope you're doing good, I'm not. She's leaving me. She said she doesn't love me. She's stuck on her ex"
5 minutes later and still no reply from me, he messages me and says "I'm sorry for bothering you, I thought I could still speak to you".

I'm not going to lie, inside I'm rejoicing over the fact that karma's gotten ahold of him so quickly but then again, I really feel disrespected. Like not only did I become the "side chick" in my own relationship, but even after cutting ties with him and creating boundaries, this fool is coming back to me looking for consolation when she chooses to do him wrong.

So I'm really just curious. guys, have you ever done this? Ladies, ever have this happen to you?

I'm not going to ever reply but this just really rubs me wrong. The more he does Certain things the more I realize he just never really respected me and I'm hard on myself for that because I feel I was too easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 02:29 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,245,793 times
So the one he dumped you for ended up dumping him. Quickly too, lol. That happens. Now he's trying to see if he still has an in with you. My bet is if you don't respond he may send 2 or 3 more emails then give up.

I had a crazy ex that sent me long convoluted emails for weeks! They were like diary entries almost. I deleted that email address as a result.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
You blocked him on everything possible, and he says, "I thought I could still speak to you"? Amazing.

btw, some women end up changing their email address because of this sort of thing.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:32 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,792 times
In a way, you are lucky. Its seldom that you get to hear an apology-or see someone get what you feel like they deserve. But, on the other hand he may just be 'hoovering' you. Trying to see if he can reel you back in.
I think you are right not to reply, and just take it as a lesson learned about being careful with who you let have some of your heart.
He doesn't sound like a quality guy, if he were you wouldn't be in the position you are in and you would still be talking to him. Too bad he chose to burn that bridge with you. But, you will find someone who will treat you better and respect you and the relationship you have.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I've never done this to my exes. She's an ex, unless I have stuff I need to get from you, do not expect to hear from me directly again.

I've had women do this to me before, for a few it was because she missed the sex, once it was because she said she made the mistake of cheating on me and forgot how good she had it with me.

I never replied to any of those exes. I skimmed through the messages to make sure it wasn't anything to really worry about, and deleted immediately.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:17 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,984 times
I think it goes both ways. Reality is, when the other person is not responding is better to be left alone.

That just happened to me to the girl I was dating who turned out to be what I think it's a bipolar and she just got offended because I told her that. I know it wasn't cool but still..

I just left a letter (a printed letter) on her mail (she never gave me her e-mail addy and I didn't want to bother her on FB) and she never told me anything about it.

I know she can be communicative whenever she wants because she showed me an e-mail he sent to her ex, so I guess I was just a "fling".

Sometimes it's for the better.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
So the one he dumped you for ended up dumping him. Quickly too, lol. That happens. Now he's trying to see if he still has an in with you. My bet is if you don't respond he may send 2 or 3 more emails then give up.

I had a crazy ex that sent me long convoluted emails for weeks! They were like diary entries almost. I deleted that email address as a result.
Lol oh gosh, weeks?!
I'm going to delete my email and set up a new one as well. I should have done that long ago.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
In a way, you are lucky. Its seldom that you get to hear an apology-or see someone get what you feel like they deserve. But, on the other hand he may just be 'hoovering' you. Trying to see if he can reel you back in.
I think you are right not to reply, and just take it as a lesson learned about being careful with who you let have some of your heart.
He doesn't sound like a quality guy, if he were you wouldn't be in the position you are in and you would still be talking to him. Too bad he chose to burn that bridge with you. But, you will find someone who will treat you better and respect you and the relationship you have.
Thank you for your insight and for being positive.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:02 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
I'm sure he's been going over the events in his head, and has come to realize what a turd he was and likely feels guilty about it.

He's reaching out because he wants to know that you are okay...so he can absolve himself of his guilt. It's purely selfish on his part.

Best revenge would be to completely ignore him and let it eat away at him.

OH, and if you have g-mail I can tell you how to filter your e-mail so it goes straight to the trash.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
He wants a FRIEND to cry on their shoulder and make him feel better until he finds another girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships