Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM

113 posts, read 113,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Me, "Hey, Jim, what's up guy?"

him, "what's up with you, baby girl?"

me, "nothing much, have you been dating?"

him "None, I don't think girls like me too much."

me, "aww, don't say that, why?"

him, "I don't know how to talk to them. I think girls just want to be my friends."

me, "why don't you ask them out and see if they are interested."

him, "no, why should I always do the approaching and wonder if they are interested in me or not."

me, "well, just be straight forward. Ask them out directly, take them out to a movie."

him, "where do i meet these women? I mean I am busy all the time, and I am tired of the bar scene."

me, "how about online?"

Him, "those online women are all crazy, are you kidding? No way! I have options."

There you have it.

A guy like that is going to be terrible in dating even if he tries though, who are we kidding?

I used to think my problem was that I rarely tried but then I went into a long period there where I did try a decent amount and hardly anybody was ever interested

I got more attention from gay men than straight women (and no, I don't look, act or speak in the slightest bit feminine manner).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony7X View Post
A guy like that is going to be terrible in dating even if he tries though, who are we kidding?

I used to think my problem was that I rarely tried but then I went into a long period there where I did try a decent amount and hardly anybody was ever interested

I got more attention from gay men than straight women (and no, I don't look, act or speak in the slightest bit feminine manner)
Actually, I think is he puts himself out there, he would attract a lot of women.

He's 35, and is totally ready to settle down. He's financially secure, not a bad looking guy either. He plays very good piano. I think he just doesn't know where to go to meet women.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
Quote:
all kinds of community activities, volunteering all over, taking classes, in many cases mainly to meet men, or hoping to meet men. Why don't men get this?
A lot of people say this, but in reality it doesn't work that way. It might work if you're 43 and divorced, which is the situation for most of the women I've met at those events ie: Mexican food cooking class, volunteer at the museum, book club, church choir. Actually the daughter of someone in the church choir is a possibility.

What I've found is that the at those things are either significantly out of my age range or not seeking a relationship (married women).

For meeting potential dates, the best bang for the buck by far are friends of friends, then online, then going out to bars/clubs/concerts/shows with a friend and actively hitting people up.

I get the sense that the OP is younger because he keeps going on about how well off he is for his age. He does seem to be looking for excuses though.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Actually, I think is he puts himself out there, he would attract a lot of women.

He's 35, and is totally ready to settle down. He's financially secure, not a bad looking guy either. He plays very good piano. I think he just doesn't know where to go to meet women.

[Mod cut: language]

I'm 25, good looking, ready to have a girlfriend (settle down in a few years), make great money, dress great, work out and take impeccable care of myself, work a job where I literally socialize with random strangers all day long and I'm very good at it, have the most amazing friends in the world (and make friends in general everywhere I go)... and I can't even get a date

You can have all the positive qualities in the world but if you don't have what it takes to attract women, you may as well be a fat 40 year old virgin. By "what it takes to attract women", I'm not talking anything superficial. You win from within (or in my case, lose from within)

Last edited by RedZin; 08-14-2014 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
A lot of people say this, but in reality it doesn't work that way. It might work if you're 43 and divorced, which is the situation for most of the women I've met at those events ie: Mexican food cooking class, volunteer at the museum, book club, church choir. Actually the daughter of someone in the church choir is a possibility.

What I've found is that the at those things are either significantly out of my age range or not seeking a relationship (married women).

For meeting potential dates, the best bang for the buck by far are friends of friends, then online, then going out to bars/clubs/concerts/shows with a friend and actively hitting people up.

I get the sense that the OP is younger because he keeps going on about how well off he is for his age. He does seem to be looking for excuses though.

I'm 25, I think I said that in a few posts

edit: and I agree 100%

Last edited by Symphony7X; 08-14-2014 at 08:36 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony7X View Post

I'm 25, good looking, ready to have a girlfriend (settle down in a few years), make great money, dress great, work out and take impeccable care of myself, work a job where I literally socialize with random strangers all day long and I'm very good at it, have the most amazing friends in the world (and make friends in general everywhere I go)... and I can't even get a date

You can have all the positive qualities in the world but if you don't have what it takes to attract women, you may as well be a fat 40 year old virgin. By "what it takes to attract women", I'm not talking anything superficial. You win from within (or in my case, lose from within)
I have no idea.

I can't even help my own friend. I don't know what his problem is but i think maybe he should talk to more women. It is a numbers game I guess.

Last edited by RedZin; 08-14-2014 at 10:29 PM..

Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I have no idea.

I can't even help my own friend. I don't know what his problem is

lol that's funny. That's how all my female friends feel as well. They all want me to find someone to date and be happy but can't figure out why I am so inept at this

Old 08-14-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post

Yeah, pretty much the reality I guess.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:18 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
I know someone who is a skinny 5 ft 4 inch; ugly, pimple scarred face, and an average income guy who is married to a very pretty woman...When he met his lady, he was just a broke college kid. After college, he spent years jobless and she supported him through all those years and eventually married him. So, yeah, money and looks don't always give someone an advantage. LOL. That boy got GAME! Didn't even let ugly and broke get in the way of marrying a pretty girl.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:49 PM

70 posts, read 155,334 times
Maybe you need to relocate close to a major university and find some freshmeat..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships