Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 05:24 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,175 times

Advertisements

I think it's just most women aren't attracted to Eeyore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 05:29 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I think it's just most women aren't attracted to Eeyore.
a woman can be like Eeyore and she won't struggle with getting a date or relationship as much as an Eeyore man

Old 12-22-2014, 05:59 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,285,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
While I like hitting the gym myself, getting a killer body is no guarantee of success.
no it isnt , some men are born with the ability to impress women , most are in between and some are terrible

people have a lot less control over their situation than society conditions them into believing

Old 12-22-2014, 06:16 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
why is it wrong to be frustrated, bitter, angry over being a late bloomer?
Its not a question of right or wrong. Being bitter and angry is just a waste of a person's life. Where a person once would have taken joy in doing something but because of bitterness and anger they abstain thus increasing said persons loneliness. Its nothing more than a self fulfilling downward spiral. I understand your dilemma very well as a late bloomer myself only much older than you. Even if I never have a relationship, etc., I will not allow bitterness and anger to ruin my life.

Last edited by jma501; 12-22-2014 at 06:41 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
no it isnt , some men are born with the ability to impress women , most are in between and some are terrible

people have a lot less control over their situation than society conditions them into believing
ya I wonder where guys learn how to flirt and talk to women, approach them the right way in order to get a girlfriend, or did they not learn it, it was something they always knew how?

Old 12-22-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post

Very true!

Old 12-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Its not a question of right or wrong. Being bitter and angry is just a waste of a person's life. Where a person once would have taken joy in doing something but because of bitterness and anger they abstain thus increasing said persons loneliness. Its nothing more than a self fulfilling downward spiral. I understand your dilemma very well as a late bloomer myself only much older than you. Even if I never have a relationship, etc., I will not allow bitterness and anger to ruin my life.
ya that's why it angers me and pisses me off whenever people say it is never too late, you have plenty of time, better late than never

Old 12-22-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
ya that's why it angers me and pisses me off whenever people say it is never too late, you have plenty of time, better late than never
Don't let it **** you off. I would rather have the hope it might possibly happen than be bitter.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:55 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
ya I wonder where guys learn how to flirt and talk to women, approach them the right way in order to get a girlfriend, or did they not learn it, it was something they always knew how?
People learn how to interact with others from the time they are infants and recognize that other people are separate from themselves.

Body language, facial expressions, humor, conversation, empathy...these are part of human social development, and becomes hard wired in the brain from childhood. Of course, some people are better at it than others, but those who don't do it well often fail because they are not really interested in other people. They don't see others as individuals, and therefore do not appreciate or treat others as individuals.

Instead, they choose to apply a math formula or sweeping generalization to other people and their relationships with them.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:16 PM

123 posts, read 124,282 times
If you have good credit then you can be approved by many various sources for a loan so that you can have your own house away from your parents.

Try drinking lots of teas and eating fruits for dinner and veggies for the rest of your calories. After enough weeks, your body will stop craving junk food and meats and such. Never eat until you're full. Always eat just until you're not hungrey anymore. But get in shape FOR YOU so that you are where you feel is right for you as an individual.

You may want to move to a different city or state so that you have exposed to meeting different types of people.
You need to be willing to strike up conversations with strangers every day. and offer them your email address (your card) to further keep in touch. Asking a female for her phone number can be too threatening. If giving out your email address to strangers that you strike up convos with isn't working after a period of months, then maybe start asking THEM for their email address to keep in touch. Then, through email ask out the ones that you seriously felt a connection with.

Go to the mall and meet women. That's where all of the women are at one time or another - the mall.
Say "hi, you look fimiliar" or anything you can think of to strike up a conversation. Eventually you will come across someone who fits well with your personality and then BOOM - from there you can just be yourself and if someone likes you for you they won't mind about your lack of relationship history. You don't have any STDs, so that is a big plus.

It's a numbers game, it's about talking to as many females as possible every day and then at some point you will find someone where it just clicks and doesn't feel like effort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships