Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 08:48 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2D2 View Post
The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.

In one months time my Mom crashed the John Deere through the barn back wall and fell into a TV that sits on the kitchen table and knocked it off and broke it.

I'm out there shoving/working the wall and siding back into place and using a box of screws with my cordless drill to re-secure it and have it appear as though nothing happened. She proceeds to come out and instruct me how to do it. lol

So point being, it's NEVER the womans fault!!
I don't understand. Your mom giving you instructions on repairs means she is blaming you? Strange story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 09:17 AM

326 posts, read 348,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Choosing to approach or not approach is also a choice. What's the point of complaining that women have it easier in dating? Maybe you wish that women approached men and maybe I wish that men were the ones to push babies out of their penises. Life isn't fair. Deal with it.
Men not being able to have babies has nothing to do with women approaching its within their power. Men do approach but after no success we want to see if women can do better and they don't even try. Thanks for admitting women don't approach though.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:45 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Wah

Wah

Your anger should be pointed at yourself not at all women in general because there are a lot of women who have just as much trouble dating as men and for the same reasons or different reasons.

One's lack of dates and social life is generally one's own doing so if one would quit blabbering on about
"poor me this, poor me that, poor me, poor me, poor me....." one's life would change.
Focus on what you do have, what are your talents, what are your interest, what groups can you join, and so on and quit believing that being in a relationship is the absolute most important thing in your life.
Do not attach your own identity around a relationship or lack of.
C'mon, it is way more common to hear of a guy being over 25 and never having had a girlfriend or still a virgin than the other way around, as in most likely there are more male late bloomers since women luckily get a head start in the dating game because they are valued for their youth more and don't have to be the initiator so social awkwardness and being introverted does not hurt a woman's chances as much

Old 09-01-2014, 10:10 AM

226 posts, read 253,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I don't understand. Your mom giving you instructions on repairs means she is blaming you? Strange story.
Means if I let the clutch out and floored it crashing through the wall, the last thing I would be doing is instructing someone else who most definitely is QUALIFIED how to repair it. I'd be embarrassed as hell and keep quiet. Even if my son is a licensed contractor.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:13 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,201,678 times
Well, now you know that's what happens with conservative and religious youth like me. Its hard to find compliance.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,498,910 times
1. Sign up for meetup.com and sign up for some groups that interest you.
2. Go to the meet ups. Go to just meet and talk to people. Some of those people will be be women. Again, just go to the meetups to have fun and no agenda.
3. Continue to go to the meetups for a few months. You will get to know some of the regulars.
4. After a few months, you should be friendly enough with a few of people. Suggest that a few of the group go out for a movie or a different activity besides the meetup stuff.
5. Eventually, you'll see if one of the women would be open to going out on one on one activity.

You can do the above or you can keep complaining.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
C'mon, it is way more common to hear of a guy being over 25 and never having had a girlfriend or still a virgin than the other way around, as in most likely there are more male late bloomers since women luckily get a head start in the dating game because they are valued for their youth more and don't have to be the initiator so social awkwardness and being introverted does not hurt a woman's chances as much
Your wasting your time they don't care about the truth and like to compare men being unable to have babies and women not wanting to approach. Women are able to approach aren't they?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,302,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet like sugar View Post
choosing to approach or not approach is also a choice. What's the point of complaining that women have it easier in dating? Maybe you wish that women approached men and maybe i wish that men were the ones to push babies out of their penises. Life isn't fair. Deal with it.
lol!!

Old 09-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
lol!!
I know right this was one of the moments when you should think before you press send.

Last edited by stinkerr; 09-01-2014 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-01-2014, 11:28 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Don't get approached=remain single
Get approached by someone you don't want=remain single

What's the difference?
Well, for most guys, "don't get approached" isn't really an option, because guys are expected to approach. So the real question is:

What's the difference between:

(For men) Approaching and getting rejected, and therefore remaining single, and
(For women) Not getting approached at all (or getting approached by someone you don't want), and staying single that way.

The most important difference lies not in the fact that both the man and woman spend their Friday nights alone, but how they got there.

The woman's ego doesn't suffer any hits, because she's always getting validated, even it happens to come from guys she doesn't herself fancy. She can legitimately tell herself, "I just need to wait till the right guy comes along". And in fact, this is exactly what lots of women do. Many women can, if they choose to, date around (and even sleep around), have short flings, be treated to expensive dates occasionally etc while waiting for Mr. Right.

The guy? Well, it's quite a different story there. Being actively rejected can (and often does) deal a much stronger blow to a person's ego and self-esteem. In fact, studies have even shown that because the mind tends to more thoroughly process and remember negative experiences than positive ones, the long term impact of consistent rejections can permanently deflate a man's confidence in dating (or whatever the endeavour of pursuit is). This should not come as a surprise to anyone that's been browsing these forums for a while.

I hope the above makes things clear for you. I doubt you'll accept my explanation, though, because then you wouldn't be able to claim "but we have it just as bad, don't you see?!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships