Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
This is what most women do. I'm sure most married guys you know are in your shoes. They just don't know it.

In any event, you don't want to lose half of your stuff (maybe more) over something that happened so long ago. You should look at your wife differently though. That's pretty disgusting that she did that.
"Most" women do not do this. Many do, but I don't use the term "most" unless the number is well over 50%. I don't believe that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 06:51 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Here's the deal.

Generally, I'd say move on. Once your wife decided you were who she wanted to be with, we can assume from what I've read that she stopped sleeping with the other guy.

We don't "know" that for sure, but I'm not so misogynistic as to just assume as some of the posters here do that it means she's been screwing around all this time or even after the wedding.

Inviting the guy to the wedding? I agree that is disrespectful, in light of the facts. For me, if I had KNOWN when I married her that she used to bang this guy but no longer does, I'd probably have been OK with him being at the wedding, but in this case, I too would be pissed.

I guess I really just question why the OP's wife decided now was a good time to bring it up?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
Did no one else notice this? Do either of you still have contact with this man?

To invite someone to your wedding that you have slept with, and not inform the spouse... just isn't acceptable in my book. I would be hurt by this more than being hurt by her sleeping with him at the same time as you.
I am with you on this one.

She let part of a skeleton out of her closet.

Something tells me she's trash. I'd be ticked to find out my wife's sex buddy is in a circle of friends.

The guy had a 4 years relationship with a cheater and the pattern is finishing the quilt.

Now he says his wife's sex buddy is a really nice guy. Pff!

21 years or 2 years...I'd be digging cause when you find one bone there is more to follow.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGuy View Post
Like I said, that is a HUGE red flag. It's highly probable that she didn't stop being this dude's "sex buddy" after the wedding.
I totally agree!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGuy View Post
I'm assuming that she invited him (If you did, you need to have your head examined). That she invited a former lover to the wedding is the ultimate red flag. She was not over him, and there is a high probability that she was unfaithful to you after you wed.
I totally agree!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
I'd be pretty devastated if I found this out from my husband. BUT we've all made mistakes and I don't have a clean slate myself. The fact she told you means she wanted it off her chest. She was honest. Now don't beat yourself up.
She feels better...he feels like crap. Great!

Here is my thoughts, she had sex with him recently so she started with past mistakes first. She's testing how he will react before telling him she recently got the badonkedonk with this guy.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:42 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
YUK!

So many on here seem to be highly tolerant, or are pretending to be.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
YUK!

So many on here seem to be highly tolerant, or are pretending to be.
Being married for a couple decades will do that.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
What is there to be tolerant or not tolerant of? No one can change what happened, and to expect adults to not have pasts is ridiculous. If someone is "not tolerant" can they make what happened un-happen? No, of course not.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Since this happened 20+ years ago I say just forget it. You say you have a great relationship so why let something that happened that long ago derail your marriage. Just remember she is with YOU, not that other guy. That's what is really important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships