Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,966 times

Advertisements

There's this girl that i've been very close friends with for one year as of right now (we are currently hs juniors). I was pretty much one of the only guys she would regularly talk to throughout our sophomore year. We were really close to a point where people including her best friend were often teasing when a relationship will happen. However, things kinda got rocky between us towards late spring 2014 and long story short, i think i've made her really dislike me in the end. She started to act meaner towards me during late spring and eventually throughout the summer. Around the time before school ended, I asked her best friend if she was starting to hate me, which she responded no. She asked me if i was interested in this girl more than just as a friend and i told that I once liked this girl more than as a friend, but wasn't sure anymore. We then got into a conversation and eventually, she told me that my crush wasn't looking to date anyone at the time and couldn't date anyone for certain reasons and encouraged me to not feel friend zoned that i'll find someone worth while but at the same time, she is trying to find someone worthwhile as well. The final thing she told was to not stress and that my crush liked me.

Throughout the summer, the girl that I liked and I never saw each other but texted each other sometimes. Once, she asked me how much I wanted her and eventually, she told me that she can't like me back, which I responded that was okay. She then asked me why i was asking things about her to her best friend and said that i was obviously in love with her and that she would never date me. To which i responded by saying that there was a reason why i didn't ask her out at the time (because during the time, i was unsure if i was going to move/transfer to a different school), but didn't say why. She then responded by saying that she thought that i was crazy over her which i kinda responded in a "so what?" manner and essentially implied 'do you still wanna be friends?' -- which she didn't respond back. The next day, she called me a few times and i eventually called her back and asked why she called and she first acted like she didn't knew that she called me around 3 times in 2 hours. Eventually, I asked why she called me multiple times and she answered "I like you" and started laughing like crazy which i hung up the phone. For the next two weeks, i never called or texted her until i texted happy birthday to her on her birthday. What i didn't expect from her was that she took a picture of herself (whole body) and sent it to me right afterwards, which i didn't know how exactly to respond so i just said that she looked cute.

We didn't talk too much throughout the summer, but started to talk more after school started (as a result which i feel as if i'm getting mixed signals from her ). Around the first day of school, she called me late at night and stressed about upcoming hmwrk and tests and almost sounded like she was starting to cry which i attempted to comfort her and talked with her for at least an hour. She followed me to my lunch table where i sat with my friends and sits across from me. She teases me a lot more (compared to last year) sitting at my lunch table and sometimes even playfully throws food at me and laughs. She recently also sent me a heart in a text msg for the first time. Since we also have a few more classes together this year, she asked me if i wanted to study with her and we happened to arrange a day and time of when we're gonna meet.

I kinda feel that I'm getting mixed signals from this girl. I once really fell for her, but now, i would be happy if we end up being together but be about as happy if we just remain as friends. Does she like me? What do you people think?

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 09:12 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
She likes you man.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
high school, thank god i dont have to deal with that crap anymore. its possible that she has a boyfriend, or perhaps her parents wont let her date, or what ever. my advice to you is to stop chasing this girl and concentrate on your studies and education. you dont need the drama right now.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 AM

833 posts, read 658,140 times
Wasn't there a song before my days " she was too young to fall in love and I was too young to know"?

OP just let it go. There will be more than enough to choose from.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:08 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Actually, she sounds like a terrible and annoying friend. Ditch her.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
No idea sorry, I don't understand your entire post,

Old 09-01-2014, 02:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
you are still children doing children things. just relax and finish high school, and dont worry how things go with this girl. chances are that you two will go to different colleges, and take different paths in life.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:37 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,832,148 times
Here's a quick and fairly accurate way to determine if she likes you: Ask her out.

If she says "yes", she is interested in you fo sure. If she says "no" she isn't interested in you.

It's not a fool-proof technique but it's the best one I know of.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
I think you both have a crush that you have no idea what to do with.
Just let things flow naturally, don't push the "I like you do you like me" issue, which is childish by the way and see how things turn out.
You are still very young and more than likely have no idea what to do next.

There is an old saying that my Husband loves to use, it says: It's just like the dog chasing the car, now that he caught it what is he going to do with it.

Slow, easy, natural, much like a slow flowing creek, it may start small but eventually ends up flowing into the ocean.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:50 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Try the cliff notes version. That post, like so many in this forum, is overly long and hard to read.

As a public service, I present the Cliff Notes version:

- OP and girl are in 11th grade
- girl friendzoned OP
- girl flirts a bit with OP
- What's going on?

OP, that what kids in highschool do. Don't think too much, just try and enjoy it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships