Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It's more that the vaginal walls thin out, so women who previously had difficulty finding their G-spots often find them in their late 30s/early 40s.

Well whatever the physiological reason, it is grand! Though often exhausting.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:48 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
It is a silly article but, the first commenter in the "article" makes a good point that is rarely made on this forum and is worth repeating, I quote... “When you reach your mid-40s, it’s not so much that dating a younger woman becomes more attractive, it’s just harder not to date them. The law of averages means that proportionately fewer women your age are single".... this is exactly my situation, it is just far more likely that I will encounter a fit and single woman (without multiple kids) that is under 35 than a similar one that is over 35.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:02 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
It is a silly article but, the first commenter in the "article" makes a good point that is rarely made on this forum and is worth repeating, I quote... “When you reach your mid-40s, it’s not so much that dating a younger woman becomes more attractive, it’s just harder not to date them. The law of averages means that proportionately fewer women your age are single".... this is exactly my situation, it is just far more likely that I will encounter a fit and single woman (without multiple kids) that is under 35 than a similar one that is over 35.

This makes quite a bit of sense. The downside is, well, I found that 34-38 were the worst ages to date women as that clock was really hoping. Even those that previously claim that they didn't want kids often changed and it would create an issue. With me dating older women it just didn't come up much, and generally I found even since my late 30s I had more in common with early/mid 40s women.

Though my geographic region might be a bit unusual in that there isn't' a shortage of adult women without children.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
Quote:
And then you get lonely young men coming here and being angry with and blaming women for not dating them... maybe they should be blaming their competition, the older men! lol. Maybe these younger guys, instead of pointing fingers, look at older men and see what it is about them that makes them appealing to some of the women of their generation.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:26 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
And then you get lonely young men coming here and being angry with and blaming women for not dating them... maybe they should be blaming their competition, the older men! lol. Maybe these younger guys, instead of pointing fingers, look at older men and see what it is about them that makes them appealing to some of the women of their generation.
I'm not sure where this became about younger men. This thread is about older men and younger women. Jilla what's with the abrasive attitude all of sudden? This isn't like you at all.
Quote:
And how old are the men these women in this range marrying? I would think they would be marrying men in the same age range. Wouldn't that leave the same amount of single men and women in this particular age range?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:40 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm not sure where this became about younger men. This thread is about older men and younger women. Jilla what's with the abrasive attitude all of sudden? This isn't like you at all.

And how old are the men these women in this range marrying? I would think they would be marrying men in the same age range. Wouldn't that leave the same amount of single men and women in this particular age range?

Not trying to be abrasive, I just find it interesting when you look at the threads about older men going after younger women (and having success) and younger men going after their own age group and not having much success and then the younger men, in their frustration, get angry and blame women for their dating problems. The whole, maybe younger men should be angry at older men for poaching women their age was a joke (a lame one it would seem)--give them something new to blame other than women. Oh well. Next time I will be sure to add a or something so I am more clear.

The serious part of my message is for younger guys. And I suppose it's a bit off topic, but it's not really worth it's own thread. I am just saying that maybe some of these younger guys without luck should look to what it is older men are doing that's different. Trust me, it's not that a man is older that a woman is interested... it's something that goes along with being older. Maybe it's confidence, stability, they are mellowed out, maybe they have different tastes in entertainment, etc. Maybe knowing what it is that attracts younger women to older men would help younger men to figure out how to attract someone. Kind of like watching an older brother or something.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Maybe I'm getting old but I don't think that men in their mid-30's dating women in their 20's and 30's to be what I think of when I think of older men dating younger women. I think of men in their 40's and 50's dating women in their 20's.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:58 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Maybe I'm getting old but I don't think that men in their mid-30's dating women in their 20's and 30's to be what I think of when I think of older men dating younger women. I think of men in their 40's and 50's dating women in their 20's.
I agree. One decade apart is usually OK from what I see, maybe even a couple years beyond that.

Start getting to a 15-yr+ gap and it gets dicey.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:14 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Trust me, it's not that a man is older that a woman is interested... it's something that goes along with being older.
I am both one of those older guys that can attract younger women, and I used to be one of those young guys that could not get a date. I can only speak for myself, I am just literally far more attractive now then when I was in my 20s. There is both a simple and complex route to that. The simple route is that some men just grow into being better looking at 50 then at 20, my complex route is more detailed, but I am not willing to share those details.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Time for everyone to listen to the freakonomics episode about dating. Looks are the biggest factor for men. It's not as big of a factor for women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships