Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:11 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LOL

"A guy at work looked at me, then looked away. Is he interested??"
We have sex every night and have been married for 22 years. Could she be into me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 09:25 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
We have sex every night and have been married for 22 years. Could she be into me?

That is, of course, extreme, but the power of self doubt and negativity can really be amplified early in relationships. I'm feeling it rather strongly right now. If I looked objectively at everything, it is fine, I just need to chill a little (not my strength), but that damn brain interferes.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:

I'm giving up on men/women. Is there something wrong with me?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:37 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Another high quality, well controlled, most likely unbiased and conclusive study to take as social fact! YAY.

Hmm...

"The study also found that couples who had more than 150 guests at their ceremony had the greatest marital quality down the line."

So, if you want a happy marriage, make sure the woman is a virgin and invite EVERYONE. (Just because it proved statistically so for a sample size of 418 women).

Old 09-16-2014, 09:39 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that women are still overall shamed for sexual activity more than men, therefore those who've been with a lot of people may have more self-esteem issues.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Does she put a cherry on your nose? If she puts a cherry on your nose and eats it off, you can be sure her heart is yours.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Another high quality, well controlled, most likely unbiased and conclusive study to take as social fact! YAY.

Hmm...

"The study also found that couples who had more than 150 guests at their ceremony had the greatest marital quality down the line."

So, if you want a happy marriage, make sure the woman is a virgin and invite EVERYONE. (Just because it proved statistically so for a sample size of 418 women).
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That is, of course, extreme, but the power of self doubt and negativity can really be amplified early in relationships. I'm feeling it rather strongly right now. If I looked objectively at everything, it is fine, I just need to chill a little (not my strength), but that damn brain interferes.
Sure, but you have to admit that we see the same post again and again.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Taken from this article here.

Women who don't sleep around before their wedding have happier marriages - but men can play the field without worry, study finds | Mail Online

I'll cut and paste first couple of paragraphs that says the main point.

"Women who have several sexual partners before getting married have less happy marriages - but men do no harm by playing the field,a study has found.
According to new research by the National Marriage Project, more than half of married women who had only ever slept with their future husband felt highly satisfied in their marriage.
But that percentage dropped to 42 per cent once the woman had had pre-marital sex with at least two partners. It dropped to 22 per cent for those with ten or more partners.
But, for men, the number of partners a man they appeared to have no bearing on how satisfied they felt within a marriage."

Why do you think this is? I think its because of sexual satisfaction and how men are relatively easily satisfied but women have a harder time being satisfied. Basically men are for the most part monorgasmic but a man will almost always orgasm. Women on the other hand range from having no orgasms ever to multiple orgasms that men can only dream about.

[Mod cut: not PG-13]
So when a woman has 10, 20, 40 men before marrying chances are pretty low that her husband is going to be the best she has ever had. She is going to remember Mr. Orgasm and know how much better sex can be and has been. Now for the husband who always gets his orgasm with any woman he has been with its not nearly as big of a deal.

That is my take on this story at least.
I don't buy any of it.

Most of the women I know (myself included) aren't comparing their husbands to men they used to have sex with because they wouldn't have married their husbands unless they thought sex with their husbands was at the very least good enough to keep them satisfied.

Now, would a woman start doing that if other things were wrong in the marriage and it was really in trouble? MAYBE. But, those women are already unhappy and are probably thinking of a variety of other things that were happier for them in other relationships anyway.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
Quote:
A cashier smiled at me today. Does she want to have sex with me?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
A cashier smiled at me today. Does she want to have sex with me?
The guy at Starbucks asked me my name, and then wrote it on a cup. Do you think he likes me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships