Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many dates do you usually go on, before becoming intimate?
3 - 4 dates 15 57.69%
5 - 8 dates 6 23.08%
9 - 15 dates 2 7.69%
It takes me many months before I sleep with someone 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 03:34 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times

Advertisements

I can't really answer because I haven't had a date for over 30 years. Mrs. NBP frowns upon my dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 03:39 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I can't really answer because I haven't had a date for over 30 years. Mrs. NBP frowns upon my dating.
I'm envious.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:00 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
Man only a couple girls was more than the first date. I don't know about some of this months and months BS. Any chick who has a XXX number of dates rule generally has lots of issues. Just let it happen.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
No, I just don't agree with those parts. I want it to develop from a friendship. Doing it that way does work for a lot of people.

Unfortunately neither method will work for me because my body and personality are not very attractive. But I strongly prefer the "expand your social circle" method to the "spend time for romantic purposes with people for whom you don't have romantic feelings" method.
It has nothing to do with you not being attractive... your way is just a very terrible way to go about finding someone.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:20 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It has nothing to do with you not being attractive... your way is just a very terrible way to go about finding someone.
Again, people do it. Not just me. In fact, the girl I liked whom I felt so depressed when she got married, she met the husband at the gym, knowing him for a while that way, not by dating random people who weren't in her life and for whom she had no feelings. So it's not so terrible.

I'm just someone for whom no method will work because my body and my personality are both not appealing for romantic purposes.

For platonic purposes, yes. I have female friends, women say I am nice. But that doesn't necessarily mean they want to go beyond the platonic realm.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Again, people do it. Not just me. In fact, the girl I liked whom I felt so depressed when she got married, she met the husband at the gym, knowing him for a while that way, not by dating random people who weren't in her life and for whom she had no feelings. So it's not so terrible.
That friend of your got to know a random dude at the gym while you were busy wasting your time fantasizing about a "friend".

Gain some self worth and you won't have that problem.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:31 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That friend of your got to know a random dude at the gym
Yes, but to my knowledge they did not date before they had known each other for a while. He wasn't someone she looked up on OLD or that he saw her and asked her out immediately. He had interacted with her for a while on a platonic basis. Which is how I want to do it. That's how I did it with that one woman in college, who later wanted to meet for a drink to catch up, only we couldn't make it happen (I knew, but couldn't say, when the boat was coming into san diego), and I tend to believe the meeting was to be platonic, like our other meetings in the past.

Quote:
Gain some self worth and you won't have that problem.
Oh I find myself to be a good person. I have a relatively high iq, I was in the Navy, I've saved people from bad situations, etc.

But how I feel about myself doesn't cause other people to feel romantically drawn to my personality. I can't change what is in the hearts of others. All the women I liked who didn't like me back, I think they are wonderful people. I would do anything for them. But I still feel sad that no one has ever reciprocated my feelings and probably no one ever will.

Such a depressing subject and it is late, time to log off.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
0-3

Old 09-22-2014, 06:38 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Totally depends on the guy and how I feel about him...how comfortable I have become. Sometimes that happens in a few weeks, sometimes it never does.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:30 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
It's a pretty rare situation for me to wait longer than 2 dates. It happens, but it's rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships