Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 02:18 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
I agree with that.

Anyway, I'm turned off by her for a number of reasons. She's desperate, she seems childish, she doesn't seem like she gets out into the real world very often...too much cat interaction, not enough people interaction. Not digging that "roller coaster" part at all. Nothing fascinating about her...she just seems bland. I like women who don't share too much too fast, and leave something to the imagination...the whole "getting to know you" thing unfolds more organically and is more fun that way. Her looks don't do anything for me either. Ultimately...she seems like the type that's hoping to find a man that will "fix" and "complete" her, instead of taking matters into her own hands and finding her own direction, motivation and happiness in life.
She'd be a good match with a bland kind of guy, but I bet those were the dudes who messaged her that she wasn't interested in. It might be revealing to see what types she messaged, and who messaged her, who she turned down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 05:05 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
People have way too many "checklists" with online dating. For one, people dating in the internet are not the puck of the litter, most people meet people in real life. Secondly, of you look hard enough, there is something wrong with everyone. You have to settle sometime, or else you will be like that one weirdo 39 and never had a relationship.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:57 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I Tried Online Dating And No One Even Messaged Me Back*|*xoJANE

. Also, to my mild surprise, despite the title, it's a woman. .... Is there a male version of her? .
male stories like this are common place, so much so that they are not 'story worthy'. It is noteworthy the title is melodramatic and misleasing, she no doubt got messages from men, just not from men she was interested in. Bottom line is she is overweight and not otherwise attractive. In the first pic she is a little overweight, in the second pic she is a lot overweight. Clearly these pics were taken months apart. She thought men would average out the weight in the pics, that is not what men do, unless otherwise stated, men assume the heavier pic to be the more accuate pic.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
Fact is she just doesn't stand out…at all.

And if she lives near a metro, men easily have 2000+ other matches and that's even considering their filter settings.

Pictures are oh-hum. Just a woman you'd pass on the street and never really notice. Her profile is written in quite the same oh-hum-dum.

Although I applaud her for breaking out of her shell and trying new things, the way she comes across in saying it is meek and indecisive. The injection of a little sass can go a long way, otherwise guys are left awkwardly wonder exactly where they stand in progressing a relationship…or even making an initial move…or as simple as just responding.

Where is the sex appeal in her images?!!! She's holding a grocery bag in one and standing in front of a brick wall in the other They reveal absolutely nothing in who she is. The best pictures are those a viewer can picture themselves in, right beside you. And by sexy, I don't mean cleavage shots or the like, but those pictures that show you are in love and embrace the world around you. A big girl trying to get by on looks alone, such as here, is the kiss of death, no real surprise.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:48 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,830 times
She definitely comes across as a coach potato and homebody. Plus she mentioned how she has to be forced to do stuff. From what I have seen many people on OLD websites want the opposite. I have to wonder what the guys were like that she contacted.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:49 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
male stories like this are common place, so much so that they are not 'story worthy'. It is noteworthy the title is melodramatic and misleasing, she no doubt got messages from men, just not from men she was interested in. Bottom line is she is overweight and not otherwise attractive. In the first pic she is a little overweight, in the second pic she is a lot overweight. Clearly these pics were taken months apart. She thought men would average out the weight in the pics, that is not what men do, unless otherwise stated, men assume the heavier pic to be the more accuate pic.
I think at the end of the day, that's exactly what it is. I think some of these people need to lower their standards, and be more realistic and realize you're not the cream of the crop.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
She's obviously younger than I would date, however these are my thoughts if I was. I think she is actually not bad looking at all. Great smile and eyes and she seems like a nice person. However, her profile leaves very much to be desired. Yeah, I'm one who actually reads profiles. To be blunt, she just doesn't sound all that interesting to me. Laying in bed watching Hulu with a highly intelligent cat? Sorry but no. I commend her for trying a 5K and eating healthier, but as someone who goes to the gym every other day and eats healthy I don't think we would be compatible at all. So you like 90's music? Are we talking Beck, Radiohead, Massive Attack or Hanson and Backstreet Boys? Very big difference.

She needs to be more specific with some things, and yes the pics could be more flattering. I'd also be curious to know the guys she is messaging and getting rejected as some of the others have mentioned.

Last edited by david0966; 10-05-2014 at 09:37 AM..

Old 10-05-2014, 09:11 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Perhaps they are put off not only by the childish and rather boring life she enjoys, like others have said, but also because she sounds like a project. She is looking for a guy who will convince her to go on a roller coaster. That can translate into looking for someone who will take the lead on anything, which might sound like either too much work or stress for the average man.

I don't know.
There are quite a few guys who do nothing but play video games all the time, it's kind of the same thing. Then they may not be OLDing...

Old 10-05-2014, 09:27 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
I don't see anything wrong with her at all. She might have a few extra pounds but it appears she carries it well, she's got a nice big rack. She doesn't come on off as pretentious or snobby ( you'd be suprised how many women just like her think they deserve a Pitt or a Clooney). I too love my iced coffees. IMO she looked better w/o her hair up and dyed.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:58 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
She said over a month's time, she got a total of 2 messages.

After a month of only getting two messages from men that were not my type, and receiving no response from any of my "matches" (there had to be over 40 at that point), I enlisted feedback from my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966;
I think she is actually not bad looking at all. Great smile and eyes and she seems like a nice person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof;
Pictures are oh-hum. Just a woman you'd pass on the street and never really notice.
I agree with the "great smile and eyes", but also with the "doesn't stand out in a crowd" idea, too. If she lost 50 lbs, she could be hot. Not just her body, but her facial features would slim down, and those big eyes and that smile would stand out more. Longer hair and a different style could make a difference, too.

But it's also the profile that's killing her chances. I don't think I've ever met a woman who didn't have interesting hobbies or academic interests, and who had no travel experience, or ambitions or dreams. She doesn't even say what she studied in college (or if she went to college), as if it's irrelevant to her life, and was just a generic degree. Or maybe she studied marketing? How do you talk about marketing on a date? She provides no handle for a conversation. Nothing at all. There's no pizzazz there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships