Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times

Advertisements

I can't believe some of the responses in this thread. There's absolutely nothing funny about battery whatsoever and there is no justification for it. Yeah OP, get some anger management counseling and lay off the booze when you're upset. And stay far away from them too.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:40 AM

5 posts, read 4,948 times
Ok guys, I'm being totally 100% honest here, I have no reason not to be.. I have never ever lost my temper in that way before ever, that is why I feel so ashamed about it.

I loved him so much and I still do, he was my first ever boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him, I basically lived at his house. And for him to cut me off completely like I am nothing and go straight into a relationship with another girl, it is obviously going to hurt my feelings, who's feelings would not be hurt by it?

I have never been through a break up before and I have all these awful emotions surrounding the whole thing that I don't know how to deal with and I suppose when I got drunk they came out, it's really hard to feel this way ALL the time. It's exhausting.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I always wanted to headbutt somebody. Plenty of people around who deserve it.

The screaming afterwards is not as cool. Makes you look psycho, yes. Maybe avoid that club for a while.

Just kidding. Violence is not the answer. Talk it out

Old 10-09-2014, 10:41 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
This is why I don't drink. Seek help.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:43 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
It is never a good thing when someone is violent and it is even worse when one has been drinking then gets violent.
You are lucky you are not in jail, quit drinking if you cannot handle liquor and be happy that you found out he had been cheating on you and left.
Why did you attack the girl anyway? She didn't force him to cheat, she may not haven known he already had a girlfriend.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:43 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I always wanted to headbutt somebody. Plenty of people around who deserve it.

The screaming afterwards is not as cool. Makes you look psycho, yes. Maybe avoid that club for a while.

Just kidding. Violence is not the answer. Talk it out
If she hasn't already been 86'd from the place.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
You give credence to guys when they talk about the "psycho" chick.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnd View Post
Ok guys, I'm being totally 100% honest here, I have no reason not to be.. I have never ever lost my temper in that way before ever, that is why I feel so ashamed about it.

I loved him so much and I still do, he was my first ever boyfriend, I lost my virginity to him, I basically lived at his house. And for him to cut me off completely like I am nothing and go straight into a relationship with another girl, it is obviously going to hurt my feelings, who's feelings would not be hurt by it?

I have never been through a break up before and I have all these awful emotions surrounding the whole thing that I don't know how to deal with and I suppose when I got drunk they came out, it's really hard to feel this way ALL the time. It's exhausting.
What you have written is all excuses to justify your actions, there is no justification that will ever be good enough.
You got drunk which is stupid anyway, you got violent which is even more stupid and you attacked a girl who is not to blame.
So what, you broke up, it happens everyday, learn how to cope with heartache, disappointment and hurt feelings because you will have plenty of it as you get older.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinnd View Post

I'm really sorry for what he did to you. It was not right and he is a jerk. HOWEVER, lots of people have bad things happen to them in relationships and break up but they don't resort to violence. I think you need to seek anger management. Despite what some posters here are saying, this is not normal behavior.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Lol... OP that's actually pretty funny. I'd lmao if I saw that in person.

You don't need counseling. You were drunk and pissed and hurt. It's normal and you're young. Just learn from it and move on.

Ditto!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships