Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:00 PM

268 posts, read 648,688 times

Advertisements

I feel rejected aka useless and a failure.. like whats wrong with me that I am so undesirable. Irritated at the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 06:06 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball83 View Post
I feel rejected aka useless and a failure.. like whats wrong with me that I am so undesirable. Irritated at the situation.
Don't beat yourself up over this. The person who behaves in such a manner is acting very selfishly and could care less about showing signs of interest in you and then just walking away or feeding you a line of BS. I had something similar happen to me (to a lesser extent) earlier in the year and it was very frustrating. It reflects more on her than you.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but hopefully you will learn from it. What you'll hopefully learn is to be more cynical and less trusting but, these days, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:14 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Let's look at this scenario more neutrally:

You-
Like her
Want to date her
Feel a connection

Her-
Just got out of a relationship
Likes you enough to go out on a date with you
May like you more than just an average Joe
Still hurt from a break-up (I don't think feeling hurt is being selfish)

She's be MORE selfish if she pretended to be happy with you and wanted to take this further, when she was still head over heals over someone else, and using you as an emotional void or scapegoat to avoid loneliness.. settling is the word.

I don't see how her honesty can be so misconstrued.

I see you're taking this very personally, because you're also hurt. But, in hindsight, she dated you. She probably felt like she could want to get to know you more, but may feel... not so much herself, not together.. when someone is emotional shaken up, they need time to settle down. She can't be there for you emotionally if she's still torn apart.

If you want to date others, then by all means do so, but please do not feel as though she used you. Using you takes on a whole other level of "emotionally not being there" and "being physically there but not there, there."

She's being honest, at least.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:15 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Don't take it so personally. Be thankful that it happened this way. You could have be really hurt if she said nothing, then realized that you didn't work out for her or that she still cares about her BF OR they get back together.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM

do you guys think there is at least a chance of us ever happening?

I am taking it personally and normally I never take it this personally but I have serious self esteem issues and when something like this happens it destroys me all over again. I can't help but think whats wrong with me physically or mentally or socially and how bad it must be to make someone not desire me.. Its happened in the past (rejection) BUT not from someone I connected so personally with so quickly with. OUCH. I know its the situation that is causing this or at least I hope it is.

But I Do know that when some girls say "I don't want a relationship right now." it literally translates to "I don't like you at all, please get away from me and never date me again"

and I hope that it is an honest statement unlike the one above..

Old 10-12-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:

I am taking it personally and normally I never take it this personally but I have serious self esteem issues and when something like this happens it destroys me all over again. I can't help but think whats wrong with me physically or mentally or socially and how bad it must be to make someone not desire me.. Its happened in the past (rejection) BUT not from someone I connected so personally with so quickly with. OUCH. I know its the situation that is causing this or at least I hope it is.

But I Do know that when some girls say "I don't want a relationship right now." it literally translates to "I don't like you at all, please get away from me and never date me again"

I would be surprised if something materializes in the future.

It's good that you're having these experiences; they toughen you up and help you develop thicker skin. Ther'e's no reason to lose sleep about this situation. Let her go.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I would be surprised if something materializes in the future.

It's good that you're having these experiences; they toughen you up and help you develop thicker skin. Ther'e's no reason to lose sleep about this situation. Let her go.
would or wouldn't be?

Old 10-12-2014, 08:54 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:

Is there hope? I think so.

You mention you feel rejection. A lot of people do as a part of life, but don't let it pull them down.

Just because a relationship with someone doesn't work out, it's not a poor reflection of you or your capabilities.. just means two people didn't work out. No harm done. You may still work out, and it's partly a part of your own perception of your situation that can change your circumstance.

If I were in your shoes, I'd continue on with my life. Engage in things I'm passionate about. Don't take it personally.

Stay positive and focused. And, if she see's that you are chill and laid-back even after all that's said and done, she'll see confidence which will more likely get her to feel safe like she can trust you and want to be with you, because you are patient and not insecure.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:07 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Sheesh!! I think you are now reading far too much into this, and taking it all a bit too serious!

She may be picking up on your intensity, and it's running/turning her off!

Relax!!!! If you want to have it go anywhere, slow way the heck down!

And OP, in the interim, grab some self esteem from somewhere!

Last edited by picklejuice; 10-12-2014 at 09:47 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
would or wouldn't be?
Would be surprised if things between you and her did move forward in the future.

That was a nice way of saying that, IMO, it's best to move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships