Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 02:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
No, I don't think ANYONE'S needs are a joke. But it gets so tiresome reading posts from immature men on CD who think the world REVOLVES around them. They are immature enough to believe that attractive women have the world by the tail, and that they get all THEIR needs met. In fact, these men seem to think that attractive women get EVERYTHING they want.

You actually think that there are no lonely, good-looking women out there? You think that there aren't beautiful women who've been ignored, rejected, hurt very badly? The fact is that guys like you have never grown up enough to realize that women, no matter how attractive, are living, breathing human beings with needs and feelings independent of men's needs. You're trapped at the emotional level of 14-year-old-boys who put the pretty girls on pedestals, treating those girls (who are now women) as objects there for your benefit.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The biggest problem guys like you have is your self-absorption. You guys have a major case of Poor-me-itus. The best remedy for that and the biggest favor you guys could do yourselves? Try thinking about someone other than yourselves for a change.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 02:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Rep comment:

"Nope, you are 110% wrongo kid!"

Speaking of cowardice...

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING, GO FOR IT!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?

Old 10-19-2014, 02:29 PM

Default Kids these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I am also a professional chemical engineer with 2 divorces (the first wife pruded out and the second one cheated), I live in a one bed room apart. I have afforded my own plane and a nice truck but the plane I literally bought from an almost 90 year old man and people tell me my lifestyle I am literally living in a bygone era.
Okay, so because it took you three tries to adjust your woman-picker to "good," it's okay for you to generalize about an entire gender save one? And of course, it's all your ex-wives' fault your marriages failed. You had nothing to do with it all, eh?

And if you refuse to adapt and live in the world you currently occupy and are miserable for it, you have only yourself to blame. Time marches on and progress waits for no one.

Man, I would hate to have such a rose-colored and undoubtedly inaccurate idea of the past that I fixate on it at the expense of the present. You say marriage was good for men in your grandparents' time. Well, it sucked for women. Those WWII people you talk about? That's my parents' generation. I know them more intimately than you do. Part of what makes your grandparents' marriage seem so great is because the bad things just weren't spoken about in polite society. When you grow up seeing it first hand as a child, though, you get a much clearer picture from among your aunts and uncles, your parents, and your parents' friends. Imagine choosing between being dominated and/or man-handled and a roof over your head/food in your children's stomachs. That's something you men have NEVER had to choose between, and now that there is a little bit of equality, y'all want to throw a tantrum like so:

Cry me a river. Really. A big, damn, long, flowing river.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:55 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Sure, men did that. But men also developed the vast majority of modern technology, founded multiple countries (including our own), created social media networks, the internet, modern medicine, and, likely, this forum.

Then women received equality and, all of a sudden, both the US and world economies are in decline. Go figure.
Reagan and Bush 2 cut back on taxes for the wealthy, AND financial markets were deregulated (oh, and did I mention the wars we can't afford?), and all of a sudden, the US economy is in the toilet, government lacks the basic funds to cover Social Security and maintain infrastructure (let alone--to develop new infrastructure), and masses of people end up homeless and we're in a recession, which ripples through the global economy, putting everyone on shakier ground.

And your solution to the huge tax rollbacks, stock market deregulation/chaos, and wars we can't afford is...what? Send women back to the Victorian Age, but let financial institutions keep up their shell games, let the wealthy keep skating on paying their share of taxes, let Social Security and state pensions crash, and keep bombing and droning entire nations and innocent people into oblivion?

I don't think you have a clue how much this says about you, and what, exactly, it says about you.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 10-19-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Reagan and Bush II cut back on taxes for the wealthy, AND financial markets were deregulated (oh, and did I mention the wars we can't afford?), and all of a sudden, the US economy is in the toilet, government lacks the basic funds to cover Social Security and maintain infrastructure (let alone--to develop new infrastructure), and masses of people end up homeless and we're in a recession, which ripples through the global economy, putting everyone on shakier ground.

And your solution to the huge tax rollbacks, stock market deregulation/chaos, and wars we can't afford is...what? Send women back to the Victorian Age, but let financial institutions keep up their shell games, let the wealthy keep skating on paying their share of taxes, let Social Security and state pensions crash, and keep bombing and droning entire nations and innocent people into oblivion?

I don't think you have a clue how much this says about you, and what, exactly, it says about you.
Didn't you know? It's women's fault they were oppressed and not given a chance until the last two or three generations to make as many contributions to science, medicine, technology, and so on as men were. It's women's fault that they were afforded so few opportunities that when they did make a contribution, it was newsworthy along the lines of Marie Curie's work. I mean, they should have been going out and doing these things on a daily basis like men were, even though they didn't even have the right to vote in the United States until 1920. But it's a good thing they at least had the right to vote when they had to step up and keep the country humming along while the men went off to war. Glad Rosie the Riveter knew how to pull a lever in a voting booth!

But wait, when women stood up for themselves and not only demanded opportunities, but started creating them for each other, oh, how very unfair to men! How unfair to men that they MUST pay for the children THEY help create! How unfair to men that THEY are losing monopoly over what they consider theirs! How unfair that there are now more women in medical and law school than men. How AWFUL that women are TAKING CONTROL OF THEIR OWN DESTINIES without DEPENDING on men!

HORRORS!

Really, the ignorant sexism on this forum is revolting. No wonder these guys can't get dates and when they do find some poor woman to put up with them, she eventually figures their crap out and "pulls the prude act" or cheats. Ten-foot pole isn't long enough for some of these mindsets.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Reagan and Bush II cut back on taxes for the wealthy, AND financial markets were deregulated (oh, and did I mention the wars we can't afford?), and all of a sudden, the US economy is in the toilet, government lacks the basic funds to cover Social Security and maintain infrastructure (let alone--to develop new infrastructure), and masses of people end up homeless and we're in a recession, which ripples through the global economy, putting everyone on shakier ground.

It says he hasn't got a clue about history or politics. Woefully ignorant.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:35 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I don't think guys are cold toward women they like. She just doesn't cross their radar because they're not interested. I pined over a stupid co-worker of mine for like two years, and now he's rumored to be dating someone else at work. He's always hanging around her. He used to stare at me all the time and he ignores me and acts like I'm not there when we're with other people. Then he got annoyed when I started ignoring him like two weeks ago. I'm not rude about it or anything, he just has no right to want my attention if it's not work-related. I swear since then I've seen him around more than I ever did in two years of him working there. I don't think he's seeking me out or anything, it's just Murphy's Law that when you don't want to see someone, they're going to be there.
He could be seeking you out. He likes knowing that he has your attention when he wants it, and now that he doesn't he's chasing after you.

I once knew this guy who seemed to have a crush on me but he kept doing stupid, childish things like flirting with other girls in front of me to make me jealous. This really irritated me so I stopped paying attention to him altogether. Once he realized his antics weren't going to work on me and would actually push me away, he was INSTANTLY into me even more. I think he was used to being able to walk all over women and still get what he wanted, and when I didn't play his game he was quite impressed by that.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
No, I don't think ANYONE'S needs are a joke. But it gets so tiresome reading posts from immature men on CD who think the world REVOLVES around them. They are immature enough to believe that attractive women have the world by the tail, and that they get all THEIR needs met. In fact, these men seem to think that attractive women get EVERYTHING they want.

You actually think that there are no lonely, good-looking women out there? You think that there aren't beautiful women who've been ignored, rejected, hurt very badly? The fact is that guys like you have never grown up enough to realize that women, no matter how attractive, are living, breathing human beings with needs and feelings independent of men's needs. You're trapped at the emotional level of 14-year-old-boys who put the pretty girls on pedestals, treating those girls (who are now women) as objects there for your benefit.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The biggest problem guys like you have is your self-absorption. You guys have a major case of Poor-me-itus. The best remedy for that and the biggest favor you guys could do yourselves? Try thinking about someone other than yourselves for a change.

I can assure you that no feminine woman wants to emasculate any man. They want grown, mature, masculine, gentlemanly men who value their women and know how to treat them.

And making them jump around like jesters in the dating scene? Well, you're right if you're suggesting that the dating scene back in our grandparent's day was much simpler and shorter. See, because, back in the pre-feminist days,as a rule, if men wanted sex, they had to put a ring on it. They understood that they weren't going to have their needs met without responsibility and LOTS of it. Remember there was NO birth control pill then. Ya know, that little pill filled with chemicals and hormones that all you guys assume all women put into their bodies? Why do you think our grandparents and great-grandparents married so young?

You obviously don't have kids. As someone who stayed at home for a number of years taking care of my kids' and my husband's needs (and doing a damn good job at it), one of the reasons I went back to work was because my highly-educated ex-husband begged me to bring in another income to help with the growing expenses of a growing family. And I understood that he needed my help.

You want to take on the full responsibility of being the sole provider of your family, forever, highlife? That's very noble and honorable of you, but be careful of what you wish for.
"Try thinking about someone else for a change?" Sorry, I'll always come first. Is it selfish? Maybe. But at the end of the day, nobody has my back like I do. Women come and go.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Everything is the man's fault right?
Look at the past.Now some women are in charge and yes the heads or ceo's have to deal with the problems.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:44 PM

144 posts, read 184,810 times
I act snobby towards just about everyone. I feel as if only the people I'm REALLY close to should see the "soft" side of me. Keeps away unwanted company OR people who I may really end up liking, but don't want to get hurt by.:[ I've dealt with a lot of heartbreak in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships