Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 04:05 AM

1 posts, read 517 times

Advertisements

Long story short, a "friend" and I had a very weird relationship. People would notice, they would talk about us, they would make comments about us, etc.

My "friend" initiated everything

When I was the one that tried to solidify things, I was shut down. I was told that everything was a joke, etc etc

Then my "friend" basically kept doing things to hurt me and when I would confront him about it he would make me feel crazy.

My "friend" then started blaming me for all of his life's problems. He shared his side of the story to people in our group of friends.

For months, I was ostracized. I was uncomfortable. But I didn't let it get to me and I kept hanging out with them, until an outside friend somehow had more knowledge than me as to what was going on, and then I talked to one of my friends in the group and explained my side.

My friend agreed that my side makes complete sense, and that my "friend" is a complete a-hole.

Slowly, one by one, all my friends started siding with me, agreeing that my "friend" who wronged me is a liar, manipulative, isn't his own person, etc.

And he was incredibly disrespectful to me. I tried to text him for 7 months, to patch things up. To try one last time. But instead he would ignore me, try to exclude me, and if hangouts were at my house he would show up and completely ignore me.

My friends started cursing at him and even banned him from my house.

Then, my "friend" and I finally talked. Because he was basically forced to by my friends. But let me just say, this "friend" of mine, consistently lied to me, did things to me and never owned up to it, would blame me for all of his problems, has yelled at me for stuff including in front of others once, ignored me for 7 months and was incredibly awkward and disrespectful every time he was around me, and tried to turn everyone against me with a story that had a lot of holes.

When we talked, it was basically just me taking a dump on his life, him gulping, and then ingenuinely being nice and saying he wants to be friends. I didn't buy it.

Afterwards, we had numerous hangouts where he would act very awkward every time, and then he had the AUDACITY to ask me if he was invited to my birthday party. I texted him as to why my answer is NO, you are not invited. Then our mutual friend, who has sided with him, then sided with me, then sided with him, then sided with me then cussed him out several times and BANNED HIM FROM MY HOUSE himself from how he was treating me, then basically went back to his side, and acted like he forgot everything.

For so long, I've been paranoid, and my friends keep telling me to stop being paranoid, that everyone is on your side.

My hot and cold mutual friend has, since cussing me out, been very nice to me. He's said "no matter what I still consider you one of my best friends, hopefully things will work themselves out soon," then he would initiate texts with me which seemed unusual, and one day he asked to come over and sleep at my house. And I was uncomfortable the entire time.

I haven't seen him since. And it bothers me. I don't want him having the wrong idea of me, and I don't want this to continue being my source of paranoia. He has a lot of "power" in the group and it bugs me. I'm sick of being paranoid.

I'm thinking the options are to talk to him in person, or to just keep pretending everything is okay... But I don't think the latter option is a good idea

Old 05-12-2016, 05:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
How many times do we have to say it??

Why can't he look me in the eye?

Is there a chance that this is true or is this the HUGE LIE that I think it is?

Most confusing situation I've ever been in... could it all be just a "joke"?

What's with the insane awkwardness?

This has been festering for over a year. Do you feel the effect it is having on your mental and emotional health?

Why will you not do what it takes to get away from this person?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships