Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 01:19 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

I would hope the fellow would be honest with himself enough to know his limits before getting involved in that way with another person and drag them in to a situation that needs "a talk" or intervention to keep himself happy.

If you don't even know that about yourself quite frankley you don't need to be gettig in to committed situations with others.

I am not a lady, but speaking from a mans perspective it's a pretty selfish/self centered move. Unless things are full disclosure going in and the other accepts it as a matter of fact, you don't have a reason to bother getting involved with others who do not share the same outlook.

It's self driven and ultimately self defeating.

Last edited by rego00123; 11-13-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 01:21 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Almost no woman is ok with this unless the guy is otherwise unattainable. And I don't mean a guy who's just a "10", I mean more like "celebrity-level" famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A guy who needs variety or has a high sex drive isn't going to be happy with just happy ending massages. Though it's a good question for this forum: Are happy-ending massages "cheating"?

I'm curious, since you raise the question, OP, how guys would feel if their SO told them the same thing--she has a super high sex drive, and needs more than one guy.
I'd consider a happy-ending cheating. It's physical pleasure of a sexual nature.

Regarding the gender-reversal question: I'd suspect more guys would be ok with it than women, but it would still be a very low number. Definitely less than 1%.

And in fact, to clarify, of the people that would be ok with it, I think most of them are "accepting" it rather than actually being ok with it.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:22 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
A guy who needs variety or has a high sex drive isn't going to be happy with just happy ending massages. Though it's a good question for this forum: Are happy-ending massages "cheating"?

I'm curious, since you raise the question, OP, how guys would feel if their SO told them the same thing--she has a super high sex drive, and needs more than one guy.
I think the majority of people regardless of gender would have a problem with their SO having sex with other people. I'm not sure why this question keeps getting asked of women.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if another real, live person gives you an "O" through means of actual physical contact, its cheating. I still want to know what extras you get at a strip club.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
A couple I know, the guy has a super high sex drive, his wife and him basically have an agreement every now and again he can go to a strip club and get some extras or go get a happy ending massage. Basically she has given him permission to do so if she knows about it and okays it.

Just curious how most women would feel about this? If a guy told you he needs variety or can't be happy with one women would you breakup or would you be open to allowing things like this or bringing another women into the bedroom or something like that?
I don't have time to worry about catching an STD from my own SO or husband. If he wants other women, he can have them, but then he can't have me. End of story.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:25 PM

589 posts, read 1,348,055 times
If a man told me that he wanted the freedom to have other relationships but expected me to stay home and wait for him, NO. Sorry, I don't play by double standards.

I know many couples who have chosen to be non-monogamous, to have an open relationship which means no sneaking, no cheating, but being open to sexual and/or romantic relationships outside the marriage. As long as both partners are in agreement about this, and both partners are equally willing to do this, it can work remarkably well. It's when one partner reluctantly agrees because they feel pressured that it doesn't end well.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I don't have time to worry about catching an STD from my own SO or husband. If he wants other women, he can have them, but then he can't have me. End of story.
This is a HUGE motivating factor for me to stay single. The need to be with other women supersedes the traditional pros of a relationship for me. There are other elements too, but this is a BIG one.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Of course they are. Happy endings are hand-jobs. How is getting a hand-job from another woman NOT cheating?

Old 11-13-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
If a man told me that he wanted the freedom to have other relationships but expected me to stay home and wait for him, NO. Sorry, I don't play by double standards.

I know many couples who have chosen to be non-monogamous, to have an open relationship which means no sneaking, no cheating, but being open to sexual and/or romantic relationships outside the marriage. As long as both partners are in agreement about this, and both partners are equally willing to do this, it can work remarkably well. It's when one partner reluctantly agrees because they feel pressured that it doesn't end well.
The OP doesn't state that this is the case. In the OP, the man's drive is stronger than hers, so she's not "staying at home and waiting for him". She's getting her needs met. It would be a different story if she was at home and horny and he wasn't around to take care of it...but that's not the case here. I don't know the couple, but it sounds like if she had stronger needs, then he'd be satisfied too...it doesn't seem as much about needing to be other women, but rather, being sexually satisfied.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:30 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
We've been in a poly relationship, we've been swingers, and we have an open relationship if an opportunity arises that we wish to experience. We run everything by each other in advance if we want to pursue someone else, so we avoid any problems. My wife even invited my ex-FWB over for lunch this past weekend - we're all still friends, after all. It has worked for us for 15 years. YMMV.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
This is a HUGE motivating factor for me to stay single. The need to be with other women supersedes the traditional pros of a relationship for me. There are other elements too, but this is a BIG one.
Smart move. You will spare a good woman who happens to fall in love with you and want to build a life with you a disease she may never be able to get rid of because your peen reigns supreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships