Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 01:36 PM

19 posts, read 15,913 times

Advertisements

Thanks, agreed the past is the past....to an extent. What about if it was the past NOT related to sex/relationships though? I think that certain parts of the past help us predict someone's future behavior and also judge their character.

The phone is troublesome because we will be together all day and she legitimately might need to answer, but she only does so when I am not around and if she does answer while I am in the room then she will usually not mention what it was over at all...and acts like me seeing her phone screen is equivalent to seeing snapshots from a colonoscopy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 01:38 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
I don't know if your girlfriend is "bad" or not, but you seem to think so and apparently really like BAD girls! Except you just like to screw with them and then put them down...but you're innocent as a lamb? What do you want from us? If you think so badly of her and her past and her family why are you even still with her? I can't stand guys putting down women like this - you're part of a pair...so you're right down there in the mud with her and have what you think is full knowledge - you want us to condemn HER. By all means, get out now before you're corrupted by her.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:43 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
This is insane.

OP, if you observed one of your friends dating a woman like this, how would you advise them?

I actually can't even picture a 31 year old woman doing this. I can only picture 18 year olds. Get out now and find someone stable. You do not want to settle down with a woman like this (unless you want her to give birth to other men's children while married to you).

Old 11-15-2014, 01:48 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't know if your girlfriend is "bad" or not, but you seem to think so and apparently really like BAD girls! Except you just like to screw with them and then put them down...but you're innocent as a lamb? What do you want from us? If you think so badly of her and her past and her family why are you even still with her? I can't stand guys putting down women like this - you're part of a pair...so you're right down there in the mud with what you think is full knowledge and you want us to condemn HER. By all means, get out now before you're corrupted by her.
I agree, I have always enjoyed women with history, they are perfect for having a good time, they are hard to beat. But I'm not the type who cares about flirtation, women aren't objects that you own or lease, so you can't complain about the behavior because she chooses to act that way. You are guilty for staying and taking it, either leave, or accept it..... My whole point, is there is a pattern that is obvious, and if it is bringing you grief then you need to get out of there. I don't understand why people suffer through relationships that give them grief, relationships are supposed to be fun, someone you look forward to seeing/hanging out with. LOL, I don't know anybody, who I was worried about phone calls or texts, because that stuff doesn't bother me at all. If someone's behavior owns you so much, you need to evaluate the reasons why you stay.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:49 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisins1234 View Post
Question: Given what I write below, how many of you would be deeply concerned? I feel I am being gas lighted and falsely led to believe that my GFs behavior is typical.

I've been dating someone for 6 months. She is 31 and I (male) am 37. She had a mostly absent father that cheated on her mom. Her brother is a cheater. Her GRANDMOTHER was a cheater. Pretty much her entire family, on both sides, is unstable and infidelity and divorce is very common.

She admitted to cheating on 2 past BFs, but lied about it previously when I asked her directly "have you ever cheated before on a BF?" For the record, I have not cheated on anyone in my life. I've also caught her in several other white lies and she seems to be ok with lying if it suits her purposes. Lastly, she had human pap virus when we started dating (had been diagnosed by gyn) and did NOT tell me..
OP, I didn't need to read any farther than this. If you're the honest and non-cheating type, why are you still with this woman? Can't you see you're not compatible with each other? She doesn't share your values about integrity. End of story. Move on.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:56 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
It doesn't sound like a good fit. I'm surprised both that you are still with her and that you would ask for others' opinions.

Why are you still with her and why so uncertain about the possibilities, knowing what you do?

If she's a project, I wouldn't expect any miracles (i.e., an unpredictable change in her behavior for the better).

Old 11-15-2014, 02:17 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,118 times
Stay the f*** away from this woman. She looks like the kind who will almost certainly ruin your life, or at the very least, cause some lasting emotional and psychological damage. Cut and run, I say.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
So, you've basically told us that you don't trust her and she has no redeeming qualities. So, what was your question?

Old 11-15-2014, 02:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, you've basically told us that you don't trust her and she has no redeeming qualities. So, what was your question?
You know she's probably really really hot.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:47 PM

19 posts, read 15,913 times
Her redeeming qualities are: 1. nice and devoted to me when we are together, I can tell she does adore me for now at least and when we are together and there are no distractions, 2. accepting of me and doesn't give me a hard time about small things (it is easy to be accepting of my past though because my past is rather vanilla and I have nothing to hide or be squeamish about really), and 3. the sex is great (which is common with women like this, I hear).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships