Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:21 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,821,022 times

Advertisements

It's a hard situation. I don't think I could trust my partner after that, even if we weren't together. The fact she was so deceitful is disheartening. It would be in the back of my mind always. My husband lied to me in the middle of our marriage, not cheating, but significant lie. It took me years to get over it. However we had been together for a long time with kids.

In your situation, that person would be in my rear view mirror.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:23 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,197,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, it's not. It's this:

You're angry that she went on with her life and met someone else while you were busy trying to get with your ex and you're angry that she got laid when you two weren't exclusive, instead of sitting home waiting and pining away for you. It's all ego.

BTW, if the brother colluded with her, that's a pretty good sign he doesn't like you. Can't imagine why.
The dude hate is strong today, and I'm not even attacking women.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It's a hard situation. I don't think I could trust my partner after that, even if we weren't together. The fact she was so deceitful is disheartening. It would be in the back of my mind always. My husband lied to me in the middle of our marriage, not cheating, but significant lie. It took me years to get over it. However we had been together for a long time with kids.

In your situation, that person would be in my rear view mirror.
The way I see it is there are a million people in this world you can't trust, why would you choose to spend your life with one. That mantra has replayed in my head a lot these past few months

Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,493,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
The dude hate is strong today, and I'm not even attacking women.
I think the issue is, you are not being rational, and yet your alias suggests you think you are.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I think the issue is, you are not being rational, and yet your alias suggests you think you are.
Irrationality is staying with a liar in the name of love.

It's like staying with a wife beater because he might change one day

Old 11-26-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Shocking. The two most aggressive posters on this thread are both women and have repeatedly tried to flame me for daring to not suck it up and be with a lying women. Absolutely shocking. Not.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:32 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,246,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Difference is, I was honest about it and broke it off. I find it hilarious the lengths some of you women go
No, you weren't honest with her. You didn't tell her you were banging your ex for a whole month when you started seeing her. That is called "lying by omission."

Now, suddenly because your conscience got the better of you and you eventually told her, when she does the same under pressure, you're ticked?

Nope. Not rational at all.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:33 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,782,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And you were also untrustworthy with her feelings. You dated her while harboring feelings for an ex. You are just as duplicitous as her. Birds of a feather and all that.
rationalmale18:

Why would you date her while harboring feelings for an ex?

Why would any female want to be subjected to this?

How would you feel if the tables were turned on you?

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 11-26-2014 at 09:48 AM..

Old 11-26-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
No, you weren't honest with her. You didn't tell her you were banging your ex for a whole month when you started seeing her. That is called "lying by omission."

Now, suddenly because your conscience got the better of you and you eventually told her, when she does the same under pressure, you're ticked?

You read that incorrectly. I was not banging my ex. I broke it off before any of that.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Why would you date her while harboring feelings for an ex?

Why would any female want to be subjected to this?
Admittedly I was confused but we were not exclusive and just hanging out. Once I realized i actually wanted to try things with my ex, I told her so and stopped hanging with her. I feel that isn't wrong at all.

Her doing her thing isn't wring either.

Seriously how is the focus on that. She lied to me for a year and a half all while promising she wasn't.

It's like women can't be responsible for their decisions. Wellllll she lied because of what YOU did. Lol it's insanity. I'm done here for a bit I can't deal with the lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships