Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 3,327 times

Advertisements

I've very recently started seeing a guy, as friends at first, meeting up at bars (I have a boyfriend and he is aware) then things began to turn flirty and sexual. I'm new to all of this, (including cheating) so I'd like to know if we are fwb, f buddies, just friends or what?

We get along great, the conversation doesn't stop. He says weird things like he misses me during the nights I don't sleep over and enjoys cuddling with me way too much. He'll rub my back, order a movie if I want one, whatever I ask for pretty much. He tries to kiss me but I get weirded out so he'll just kiss my head or cheek. Hes given me a copy of his bands new demo. one thing I don't know how to take is the first night I stayed over we talked about traveling and he was like yeah we can go here and get married and obviously it was a joke but we weren't that close then and I didn't laugh. He gets bummed when I come over and his roommates are asleep/out bc he wants me to meet them, but I don't want to meet them? That's weird. He likes for me to sleep over and always wants to grab coffee in the morn though I decline. He says he dislikes the fact that I have a bf but can't do anything about it. So sometimes I think he likes me,

BUT

My friends say it's a booty call bc unless it's a holiday and he's texting with the proper greeting you send to everyone in your contacts, he typically doesn't text me until the evening. Also, during drunk conversation he has said that he loves my presence and wishes I could sleep over every night but also said he can't look at me without wanting to f me. He has told me he thinks I'm pretty/beautiful and I have an amazing body. But he probably has also picked up that I'm naive and wouldn't be able to seperate truth from lies.

So is he just a super mastermind lying genius and I am just a booty call or does he like me and is there any chance of us being JUST friends (ideal)
I'm 21 and he's 31 so exactly a 10 year difference if that counts for anything. Opinions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 11:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
Soooooo many problems ...

I'll just start with the basics.

You're using each other.

He's playing house. He feels bold because of the limits (the BF). Who the hell knows what you're thinking.

If he cared about you, he'd want you to legitimize the relationship (simply by actually being available) and wouldn't go after you since, you know, you have a BF.

IF you cared about yourself, you'd get your sh*t together.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 01-16-2015 at 12:01 PM..

Old 01-16-2015, 11:51 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,029,445 times
You're a fun piece of tail, nothing more. If you're ok with that, great. If not, end it. Simple.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
My opinion is that this is one hot mess and you should stop screwing around on your boyfriend.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,752,626 times
Being a slag is such an unpleasant look.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM

626 posts, read 904,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You're a fun piece of tail, nothing more. If you're ok with that, great. If not, end it. Simple.
Absolutely correct. I think you're pretending not to know what kind of "relationship" is going on. He's reeling you in and you're falling hard. Clearly this guy is after you and he realizes that you're going to cave soon, hence his persistence. If you respect the relationship your'e in with your boyfriend, you wouldn't encourage this guy. You're 21. Either you break up with current boyfriend or walk away from this man. The ball is in your court. You have to decide what you want to do, but remember there's no turning back. Whatever you do, do it with dignity. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,763,018 times
Stop giving ammo to the women haters out there.

Unless that was the point of this thread, new poster?

Old 01-16-2015, 12:29 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,367,030 times
OP, Too bad their isn't negative reputation because you deserve it for two-timing your BF

Old 01-16-2015, 12:30 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,415,749 times
hehehe

awww man, i think ill stay outa this one

Old 01-16-2015, 01:07 PM

324 posts, read 428,206 times
He's behaving in a way that any guy would when pursuing someone. The compliments, extending invitations to spend time, even staying the night, wanting to introduce you to the people in his life, etc.

As for the master mind lying genius and separating truth from lies? OP, this is what he needs to be worried about with YOU since you're the one cheating on your BF.

I'd break it off with both of them until you figure out what you want in regards to relationship/dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships