Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 01:43 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
So, I stayed up all night crying and trying to figure out why men go after younger women - especially why men 25 or 26 years old would go after someone 22 or 21 years old…

Oh wait… No, I didn't.
LOL, you are too funny.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:03 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
I have wondered why this is true as well however mainly about the much older man interested in women who are young enough to be their daughter, as I am with someone now who is that way. (I know, I know...I have put up with it). Anyway, I am 54, he is 50. As soon as he had me "hooked" he displayed interest in girls 18-20's.

I think it is because of some kind of mid life crisis myself and having to prove to himself he can have his pick of women that age which will make him feel younger. We had a conversation the other day about his consistent staring/ogling at younger women and he told me I shouldn't compare myself to younger women because there was no way someone my age could be nearly as physically attractive as someone in their 20's. Ouch! (btw, I have maintained my figure and do not weigh much more than I did when I was in my 20's. Despite cigarette smoking for a few years and years of alcohol abuse in the past I am told that I look much younger than my age. Although I know my past lifestyle and poor choices will catch up with me before long). I am hit on by guys who are in their 40's however, and I guess they want a Cougar gal and/or a "Mama". I am not interested in dating anyone else and certainly not as young as that!

For this and another reason (already posted) and some very helpful folks from on this board, I am going to leave him and hopefully he will grow up and act his age. And maybe I will grow some b***s myself!

Old 02-15-2015, 04:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I have wondered why this is true as well however mainly about the much older man interested in women who are young enough to be their daughter, as I am with someone now who is that way. (I know, I know...I have put up with it). Anyway, I am 54, he is 50. As soon as he had me "hooked" he displayed interest in girls 18-20's.

I think it is because of some kind of mid life crisis myself and having to prove to himself he can have his pick of women that age which will make him feel younger. We had a conversation the other day about his consistent staring/ogling at younger women and he told me I shouldn't compare myself to younger women because there was no way someone my age could be nearly as physically attractive as someone in their 20's. Ouch! (btw, I have maintained my figure and do not weigh much more than I did when I was in my 20's. Despite cigarette smoking for a few years and years of alcohol abuse in the past I am told that I look much younger than my age. Although I know my past lifestyle and poor choices will catch up with me before long). I am hit on by guys who are in their 40's however, and I guess they want a Cougar gal and/or a "Mama". I am not interested in dating anyone else and certainly not as young as that!

For this and another reason (already posted) and some very helpful folks from on this board, I am going to leave him and hopefully he will grow up and act his age. And maybe I will grow some b***s myself!
I posted this on another thread, but please feel free to share it with him.

Direct link.

Also, remind him that men half his age can get it up, shoot, and reload over and over again without the help of a little blue pill. And point out his ear hair.

Because honestly? He's an ass and you can do better.

BTW, why not go out with some of those 40-somethings? They're too old to be thinking about the "older woman" thing and are probably just interested in meeting women whom they know will not want kids.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:01 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I posted this on another thread, but please feel free to share it with him.

Direct link.

Also, remind him that men half his age can get it up, shoot, and reload over and over again without the help of a little blue pill. And point out his ear hair.

Because honestly? He's an ass and you can do better.
Now to be fair, point out the things that his 54-year-old woman lacks physically and can't do compared to women half her age. The aging process does not affect men solely; this may be hard to believe, but women do grow old as well, they become less supple, less firm, less attractive; many women need extra lubrication because they start to dry out, so whether a guy can shoot and reload many times and keep going can be irrelevant with such a woman, because she'd likely be in pain and have to stop! And women often grow more facial peach fuzz/hair after menopause, so it's not just inside the guys' ears. :-)

Being able to shoot and reload numerous times is often linked to the attractiveness of the partner as well.

See how that goes?; what you do to one side, you must do to the other. Like an Algebra equation.

Last edited by AnthonyJ34; 02-15-2015 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-15-2015, 05:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
You love pulling conjecture out of thin air. If a man is found desirable by a woman a decade (or so) younger than he is, odds are she will have much less baggage than your average 30+ woman who may have run through a few relationships and have a few babydaddies by now.

I remember my next door neighbor mentioning that she was 35. Fair enough. I didn't know she had five kids (now a sixth) from who knows how many babydaddies and I hear she and the fiancée had to take a class through CPS to even take the kid home from the hospital

My thought about that:

Poor gal can't get over the fact that women in their 30s are the major culprit of birth defects in children--not the older men that are knocking boots with them as research has figured out. What were you expecting from her?

In what way? Serious. Physically, probably. Otherwise...?

Right.I'm not going to hate the players or the game.

Naturally, men have to control things. Why? Women don't naturally have that innate tendency to do so. You can ignore that, but that's not my problem.

Take a look at the typical woman's POF profile for proof. I can tell you that most of the scenarios for "FIRST DATE" don't involve the woman making those decisions--actually I see none hinting that they are taking control. Sorta' says they want a guy in control, no? Yeah. Find me a guy who doesn't pursue what he wants in life and he's possibly best off joining a monastery and partying with some monks.

Truth. See images above.

I bet. You starting to come across as a standoffish (you can insert any phrase you want to here) is a turn off. To anyone. If you happened to make conscious choices to date men with certain issues over and over again and expected differently, well, we call that insanity.

True. At the higher reaches of the food chain, the need for rampant and random mating certainly lessens.

Um, it wasn't all that long ago in a cosmic timeline sense that teenagers were knocking out kids regularly. You would have hated being born ~100 years ago, huh? Average US life expectancy didn't consistently touch 50 until the verge of WW1. If you waited until 25 to have kids, well, that was pushing your luck for most folks who didn't have the elite access to health care and diet.

I know quite a few couples who are a decade or so apart and hey do quite well. My brother and his wife, for example. They seem to do better than most laughably "age appropriate" marriages they have been exposed to throughout their lives.

Then again, those couples' business is none of yours. You know, speaking of idiotic quibbling and all...
Older men have baggage too and not all older women do. Increase in birth defects if this is true is due to older people including men, waiting.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Older men, keep trying for younger women and we will continue to laugh at your failing. Hey you'll be alone, not those older women.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:56 PM

718 posts, read 616,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Older men, keep trying for younger women and we will continue to laugh at your failing. Hey you'll be alone, not those older women.
As a younger woman, I have to agree. You guys are seriously deluded if you think 18 year old girls are lining up for 50 year old men. Men aren't the only ones capable of being shallow. Young attractive girls want to be with young attractive men.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
I don't know if it's been posted before but...

Old 02-15-2015, 06:10 PM

321 posts, read 372,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Also, remind him that men half his age can get it up, shoot, and reload over and over again without the help of a little blue pill.
Sometimes the right sexy new woman with the right skills can do way more than a little blue pill. You'd be surprised.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:25 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Now to be fair, point out the things that his 54-year-old woman lacks physically and can't do compared to women half her age. The aging process does not affect men solely; this may be hard to believe, but women do grow old as well, they become less supple, less firm, less attractive; many women need extra lubrication because they start to dry out, so whether a guy can shoot and reload many times and keep going can be irrelevant with such a woman, because she'd likely be in pain and have to stop! And women often grow more facial peach fuzz/hair after menopause, so it's not just inside the guys' ears. :-)

Being able to shoot and reload numerous times is often linked to the attractiveness of the partner as well.

See how that goes?; what you do to one side, you must do to the other. Like an Algebra equation.

Big LOL on that one....
Well, for there to be some (where is that embarrassment smiley guy???) "lube" I'll just say, there has to be some kind of arousal. I don't care what age a woman is. When I was in my 20's--if a guy was a jerk and just wanted "sex" and that was it, I was as dry as a bone "down there". And, yes, you are right about all you said about menopause. Both sexes have their fair share of "woes" with the aging process. (And if you haven't reached your ripe golden years yet, better invest in your tweezers, laxatives, Beano, Depends and ways to prevent that middle aged spread because it is coming. I am not going through all those woes myself however a couple of older male friends of mine talk about their issues like that; however, guess women aren't immune to those kinds of things.)

I didn't fall in love with the man I am with because of his looks. I am four years older than he is and people tell me often that we are "mismatched" and ask what I see in him because they say I am more attractive than he is. (I have a hard time thinking that about myself, because I have been with losers and my self esteem is so low). I am attracted to what is on the inside of a man, not outside. Only problem was...we met in a bar and both of our insides were filled with beer and stayed that way for years until we stopped drinking, so I really didn't know him at all, nor him me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships