Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 10:46 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times

Advertisements

OP one thing you could consider is to become a single mother. Perhaps through adoption, or a known sperm donor. I know that if I lived close by IRL I would support you in the effort. Fiscally, take care of things for you so you can spend time with the child, etc. I don't know if you have any friends who could do that stuff for you. Just a suggestion. Sometimes I see lesbian couples talking about trying to find men who would be interested in being a male role model for their son. Like I said I just think it is kind of weird and artificial and forced to try to meet someone, having feelings for them, and try and learn enough about them and yourself to determine that committing to 18 years of raising a child with them is the right decision in life, all within a small time frame.

And like I said I had similar thoughts at one time but I think the ship has sailed at this point. Not only do I have financial and logistical issues, but there is also the fact that due to all the bad experiences, I am in a bad position emotionally to be a father right now. Although I would leave the emotional issue as a decision for the mother. And maybe I will be in a better place emotionally once I get my fiscal and logistical house in order. In fact I think the chances are good for that being the case. But I will always support families and kids in any way they need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 10:19 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle33 View Post
So, I met a nice guy..refer to my previous threads...the problem is im having trouble getting past the age difference. I just turned 33 yesterday and he is 27. I am not dating just to date. I'm dating bc I want to find a husband rather sooner then later. I'm afraid this guy just looks at he like an attractive girl to hang out with. It's only been a couple dates and honestly I don't even have the desire to get into do you see yourself marrying me type stuff when it hasn't even been a week. Is it better to just keep going out with people as to stay busy or wait until someone really peaks my interest? It takes me a lot to have feelings for someone. I'm still getting over the guy who disappeared on me after 6 months . I'm just worried I don't have a lot of time left and if I should even bother going on more then one date with all these random people unless I'm
Highly interested which is only about 1 in 15 or so..I can get a lot of dates, but finding a great love is nearly impossible. Dating is exhausting and I just feel 27 and 33 is too much of an age gap..I feel like I'd rather sit home and wait until I get another match then keep going out with someone just to do it..he's a military doctor btw..don't call me dumb! I don't care about the person having lots of money as long as they aren't poor..I want love not interested in how rich they are..
I have my reservations about dating young guys as well.. it's really just all in my head, but I don't blame you if you feel something is a little off.

Some people like to date much younger, which is okay. Sounds like you're uncomfortable and feel unsure, because who knows what he may be thinking also right? Sure, younger guys like to score with chicks older than them, but I've heard when guys get past that stage, and they are like WTF? She's older than me and then realized much later on.. Ashton and Demi Moore. Now, Ashton and Mila.

For realz..

Old 03-02-2015, 10:00 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
thats not age difference! maybe if he were 18 or 21, the age difference could be a thing. But 27??? you are practically both in your 30s, come on!

use another excuse to end it with him if you dont like him enough, not age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships