Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 11:58 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,202,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
Ha. Not only would it fail most of the time, but I would question the personality and emotional stability of the few it worked with. I would predict that strategy would result in a "no" 95% of the time and dates with nutjobs the other 5%.
Well "Wanna go for coffee" is alot better than the guys who have cold approached me and asked "Can I have your phone number". One of whom looked like a complete bum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 12:24 AM

376 posts, read 318,286 times
Dating is for confident, good-looking, above-average men and attractive women, not for guys like you and me, OP.

Fat girls are our option, so I quit.

Someone said it earlier in the thread, even average women will only accept above-average men.

As more and more men get frozen out, the nasty side effects of this sort of sexual marketplace will start to become more frequent.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:01 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,287,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuriousman View Post
I always see people asking if ugly people can get girlfriends. So I decided to test it out.

I am an ugly man listing my past 50 attempts at trying to get a girlfriend. FYI, I am confirmed ugly, there is zero speculation as it's been repeatedly told to me over the years.

The following are results from following the advice I got here to "just go for it". I also made sure I was well dressed had andwas very open to everybody.

Every single woman rejected me.

Every encounter falls into 4 failure scenarios.

Girls #1-13: On the subway/public transport/open area and dressed my best. This is during the day time. I make eye contact with a woman only to have them immediately look away and never look back again. No acknowledgement, reciprocation, and a clearly visible look of disgust on their face. Decide to do a new approach and actually go by a woman instead, they look right at me and immediately shift their body away or move further up the platform.

Girls #14-20: I see a woman I find attractive at an event and approach her saying I'd like to hang out with her sometime Very low pressure/fun, maintaining full eye contact. They all smile at first but then immediately walk away as I'm trying to talk to them again. Most just look immediately at their phones after and never look at me again for the rest of the night. Slight/veiled look of disgust on their face but the lowest of all 4 scenarios.

Girls #20-30: Same as above only difference is doing it at night. Drunk women will talk to me for a few moments only to go off to other men. Look of disgust is not as obvious here but still very much there. It is instead replaced with a look of pity.

Girls #40-50: This is a general rejection upon first sight. Even when approaching with a light anecdote or observation to start a conversation, they simply respond coldly and refuse to talk further. Any responses henceforth are equally dismissive or non-existent. EXTREME anger and resentment towards me for approaching them, almost fury. Look of disgust is strongest in these situations above all others.

Had these just been isolated incidents, one could chalk to up to chance. But this is a consistent pattern that repeats 100% of the time.

TL,DR

Yes, it is possible to be TOO ugly to get women, that isn't a myth.

I'm living proof.
Your approach sounds creepy. You're just going up to them like Michael Myers on Halloween. "hal-o, would u like a date with a total stranger?"

Most people would run.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:41 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,836,800 times
I know if it ever ends with my girlfriend, that's probably it with me. I don't think I'm ugly, I think I'm pretty average looking, she claims I get looks, and get hit on a lot when we're out, and I don't see it. I'm not oblivious, being the kind of person I am. She's only my third real girlfriend, the first two were a similar disposistion that I have, so they were kinda easy to get. I've only had one boyfriend. Really, if it wasn't for my girl, I'd have probably lost what little humanity I have. I am no player, I can tell you the truth- which is funny because I'm pretty good at lying and manipulating if I try. This is why I am doing the best I can with the woman I have now. I don't have the mental stability for the continuations of let-downs, and being outxasted, and whatever that is the pittiful story of my life. I'm an awesome person, damn it.

Tall, well built, decent looking, smart, able to stand my ground, I draw, write, work with my hands, excellent driver, cyclist, dress well, I got a good package, witty, funny, know when to be serious, and concerning, light skinned,under thirty, not real arrogant, the most selfless selfish person you'd ever meet. As far as I'm concerned, there is no excuse to turn me down. Could it be the facial hair, the dreadlocks, or the fact I don't wear preppy clothes, pfft... Whatever.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:11 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,206,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Ugly people can still get girlfriends and boyfriends.

Thing is, you have to be in a position to let people see other sides of you that aren't physical. If you are ugly, cold approaching won't work, because with those, nobody knows anything about you prior. All anyone has to go on is looks, and obviously if they are physically unappealing, then it's a no-go.

Some guys I liked weren't the hottest around. Though I wouldn't call any of them "ugly." However, seeing more of their personality made them sexy. One guy I liked where alot of people I talked to, thought he was ugly as hell. But I didn't. lol

So, there's a saying if people are ugly, they have great personalities. That's actually true for some. if they can't entice and win with looks, they make up for it in other areas. Being charismatic, intelligent, fun, positive, and good conversationalist, caring, etc. Then those who hang out with them can become attracted to their personality and the looks may fall in line, and may even become liked after time.

My ex friend said she wasn't attracted to her boyfriend at first. He asked her out alot, they were friends, and she always said no. Finally she went on a date with him, as a birthday gift, since he asked on his b-day, saying that's what he wanted. Then the rest is history. She says she finds him great and sexy. She knew him as a friend, and when the date happened, she got to see him as a boyfriend. It was a date, but she says he never pushed or rushed for anything, which further endeared her to him.

So you'll do best getting involved in something that is more natural, and being able to casually meet and hang with people, and let them get to know you 1st, then go on to asking for a date after you know one another well enough and have seen enough of one another.
Your opening sentence should read "some" ugly people can still get girlfriends and boyfriends. This is because most ugly people will try but fail no matter what they do. That's life.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:46 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,108,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
We need a photo.
or a physical description..

i know butt ugly dudes who have average to hot girlfriends.

Old 02-23-2015, 05:11 AM

51,011 posts, read 36,695,193 times
Quote:
I always see people asking if ugly people can get girlfriends. So I decided to test it out.

I am an ugly man listing my past 50 attempts at trying to get a girlfriend. FYI, I am confirmed ugly, there is zero speculation as it's been repeatedly told to me over the years.

The following are results from following the advice I got here to "just go for it". I also made sure I was well dressed had andwas very open to everybody.

Girls #1-13: On the subway/public transport/open area and dressed my best. This is during the day time. I make eye contact with a woman only to have them immediately look away and never look back again. No acknowledgement, reciprocation, and a clearly visible look of disgust on their face. Decide to do a new approach and actually go by a woman instead, they look right at me and immediately shift their body away or move further up the platform.

Girls #14-20: I see a woman I find attractive at an event and approach her saying I'd like to hang out with her sometime Very low pressure/fun, maintaining full eye contact. They all smile at first but then immediately walk away as I'm trying to talk to them again. Most just look immediately at their phones after and never look at me again for the rest of the night. Slight/veiled look of disgust on their face but the lowest of all 4 scenarios.

Girls #20-30: Same as above only difference is doing it at night. Drunk women will talk to me for a few moments only to go off to other men. Look of disgust is not as obvious here but still very much there. It is instead replaced with a look of pity.

Girls #40-50: This is a general rejection upon first sight. Even when approaching with a light anecdote or observation to start a conversation, they simply respond coldly and refuse to talk further. Any responses henceforth are equally dismissive or non-existent. EXTREME anger and resentment towards me for approaching them, almost fury. Look of disgust is strongest in these situations above all others.

Had these just been isolated incidents, one could chalk to up to chance. But this is a consistent pattern that repeats 100% of the time.

TL,DR

I'm living proof.
This doesn't prove anything. First off many women don't like meeting strangers especially someplace like the subway - what on earth were you thinking there, lol?

Second and most importantly, you didn't say if these girls were on your level or above your level. If you are really ugly, than you need to set your sights on women who match you - if you're a 4 and approaching 7s and 8s, what did you expect?

Old 02-23-2015, 05:15 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:

TL,DR

I'm living proof.
Physical attraction is very important for both opposites of sex. I as a guy have learned this the hard-way and that's what life throws at us. How to combat not being physically attractive? Try to boost confidence, as well as appearance like buying fitted clothing, or toning up or loosing some weight, augmenting a teeth like whiting or getting braces. Try to be knowledgably or trendy like reading books or walking a boutique dog which can help you stand out. Another thing is that region of your location might be the problem. If your in big city lets say for example like NYC, its going to be hard to meet a woman regardless if she is ugly, average or hot because all of these women go after the same type of guy, also environment has a lot to do with like attitudes, snobbery, not being laidback or what not. Places where life is face pace its really difficult for women to take time out to get to know a guy unless if she finds him very attractive, I should know this because it has happened to me. On the flip side if you go to rural areas or suburban areas or warmer cities women I have encountered were very chill and laidback, also open minded. Like when I visited Austin I found women to be very approachible also yet women also approached and engaged in conversation with me, this was unheard of back north in NYC. If travel to another part of the country does not tickly your fancy try your look in another country.

I had women who told me I was not attractive, but I also had women who were attracted to me or even found my personality and academia to be very attractive traits. Try to minimize meeting women in clubs, bars, gyms, public transportation spots and so forth and try to meet women in alternative places like a book club or some course or something so that you can show that you have an attractive side. But yes for some women physical attraction is important, if a woman does not find you attractive just tell her goodbye, adios and don't let karma hit you on your way out and generally it does. I knew of of women who went with attractive guys and gotten screwed over, broke, become single moms and so forth and mind you these women are not hot but average. Last, do not go for average looking women, try and aim for naturally hot women or even go below average. Average women will take notice if have a woman by your side and will get curious or even jealous. I have seen this before.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:36 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,077,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
Dating is for confident, good-looking, above-average men and attractive women, not for guys like you and me, OP.

Fat girls are our option, so I quit.

Someone said it earlier in the thread, even average women will only accept above-average men.

As more and more men get frozen out, the nasty side effects of this sort of sexual marketplace will start to become more frequent.
I have seen plenty of fat women with good looking and fit men.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:49 AM

376 posts, read 318,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have seen plenty of fat women with good looking and fit men.
Exactly my point. So what are an average guy's options today? Basically a step down from the fit guy's choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships