Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find sexting appropriate and intimate?
Yes 20 55.56%
No 16 44.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I was talking with one of my close female friends, who is 30, and who just went out with a guy on Monday. She mentioned that he was coming on pretty strong and was also "sexting" her quite a bit. And she was kind of into it.

I've been seeing a girl for a little over two months and it would have never occurred to me to "sext" her. For one, I'm a big advocate of actions speak louder than words. Secondly, I find the concept a little immature and perverse, and something better left for the juvenile crowd. Thirdly, I guess I'd feel weird sending something like that to a woman that's special to me, as if she's my sex object that I get to play with later but talk about it now.

Am I just being prudish about this behavior? If so, when would you start engaging in this type of thing? At this point, I'd feel a little uneasy in doing this sort of thing, because I've not really picked up a vibe from her that she'd be receptive towards it (i.e. she hasn't sent me any provocative texts or even talked about it). Would you find it odd to receive a random text one day from your SO telling you that s/he wants to do XYZ dirty things to you?
It's one of many forms of foreplay. Hell yes, I'm a participant. It's healthy. It's just talking dirty and teasing, building anticipation until that evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 11:09 PM

535 posts, read 515,722 times
if you're horny and cant be together... yeah

Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times
I think it's dumb and childish, but I'm still open if the chemistry is right.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:18 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Oddly enough; I write erotica, and I'm really, really, really kinky, but I don't really care for cyber sex. I've done my share. Hopefully for those that do- you can live up to it.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
He's my boyfriend, not my husband. I still don't see the problem if we are in the same city or 3000 miles apart. Sometimes you have things to do that night and can't go over the other person's house.

Why does anyone care so much what other people do?
I personally couldn't care less about what you and your husband do.

The point of the OP is not about what you and your husband do and whether or not it is right or wrong.

The point was to gauge the interest of a specific topic (sexting) as it pertains to romantic relationships. I was simply curious if a large number of people in my demographic found it appealing.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:18 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
I personally couldn't care less about what you and your husband do.

The point of the OP is not about what you and your husband do and whether or not it is right or wrong.

The point was to gauge the interest of a specific topic (sexting) as it pertains to romantic relationships. I was simply curious if a large number of people in my demographic found it appealing.
Fair enough.

But why do you keep insisting that he is my husband??? lol

Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
As I tell my kids, once it's out there in cyberworld, it's out there forever. Never take a photo or text something that you wouldn't want your employer or future mother-in-law to see.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Fair enough.

You're married!?

Old 03-06-2015, 07:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Better be REALLY careful to whom you send it. I sent some weird texts to the wrong people before, YIKES.
I got one of those. I texted back, "Who IS this?" And got an "OMG, so sorry" in return. I then showed it to MrsCPG before erasing.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:32 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Fair enough.

Sorry, I don't know why I thought that. Correction, your boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships