Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 01:18 PM

403 posts, read 597,603 times

Advertisements

No I doubt he will, especially if he's mad about the break up. I sent a lot of guys nude pictures. Oh well. Everyone does it really, it's not a big deal, unless he spreads them to people you know, but who does that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 01:21 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskandaisy View Post
I don't know if this is even worth it or not, but it's been really bugging me that my "ex" (You guys know about it) has a lot of inappropriate pictures of me on his phone. I take full responsibility for it, but is there anything I can do now to protect myself besides ask him to delete them?

He might not even reply or read the message so I'm not sure what to do here. We haven't spoke since Monday.
I think that nude pictures are equivalent to a tattoo - once you get one, you can't "take it back". So people should think carefully before sending pictures if they may not want someone to have it later.

I think it's his right to keep the pictures. (since they were given to him)

When you send someone your picture, you should ASSUME that there is a possibility it will end up on youtube or something. Do you want to be seen naked by many people? It's your choice. (Assuming that it will never happen is just like thinking that bad things will never happen to me.)

Old 03-13-2015, 01:23 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
No I doubt he will, especially if he's mad about the break up. I sent a lot of guys nude pictures. Oh well. Everyone does it really, it's not a big deal, unless he spreads them to people you know, but who does that?
Or he could post them to a website which one day someone you know will come across.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:33 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,255,766 times
The OP, you definitely want him to delete those pictures. Talk to a lawyer to see what you can do. Hopefully you can scare him enough for him to actually do it. From what you've disclosed, I don't think this is a nice, ethical, or smart guy. He probably will show your pictures to his friends at some point and may even post them somewhere later. You do NOT want your future to be ruined by a mistake in the past.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:40 PM

15 posts, read 37,307 times
If he is a respectable person, then he will do the right thing and delete them. If I had a girl's nudes on my phone (whether the pics were from a casual relationship, some random girl who was sexting me or a serious relationship) i would do the right thing and dispose of them. You should ask him politely if he could delete them from his phone. You need to learn from this and avoid sending those kind of pics again.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:41 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
You have the right to ask for them back as far as the law is concerned.
Whoever takes the photo is considered the owner.

If you hypothetically went after him legally to have them returned and he refused the charge would be theft.

Funny world we live in...

Old 03-13-2015, 01:55 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,947,837 times
Quote:
No, everyone doesn't, and yes, it IS a big deal. You want to know who "spreads them to people you know"? You're about to find out.

For Pete's sake, why would you put yourself in such a position and then regret it?

Write this 500 times - I will not send nude pics to anyone. Ever.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:58 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
No, everyone doesn't, and yes, it IS a big deal. You want to know who "spreads them to people you know"? You're about to find out.

For Pete's sake, why would you put yourself in such a position and then regret it?

Write this 500 times - I will not send nude pics to anyone. Ever.
Well that poster has some issues, looking the the other thread, being depressed about having no boyfriend or love, so she acts more forward and reckless with guys to get male attention. That's how it's sounding.

Many people with low self-esteem and who want validation will resort to attention seeking behavior, because they think it makes them sexy or popular and people will like them for it, but they'll be naive to the possible consequences. Like another, said to be in an abusive relationship with a man he didn't want to leave, but cheated on and sent naked and sex pix around to other guys.

The OP of this thread seems to be in the same boat. Upset about not having sex or a boyfriend because it seemed all other girls did. So she met the guy online, fell for his charm and dove in head 1st and did everything with him. Sex when they meet the 1st time in person, in combination with naked pictures.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-13-2015 at 02:26 PM..

Old 03-13-2015, 02:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
So, you've never been in a relationship but you've sent a lot of guys nude pictures?

Old 03-13-2015, 02:12 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,667,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
The OP, you definitely want him to delete those pictures. Talk to a lawyer to see what you can do. Hopefully you can scare him enough for him to actually do it. From what you've disclosed, I don't think this is a nice, ethical, or smart guy. He probably will show your pictures to his friends at some point and may even post them somewhere later. You do NOT want your future to be ruined by a mistake in the past.
One way to encourage someone to use these pictures against you is to indicate how important they are to you. The best approach is to disengage and allow feelings to mutually fade into ambivalence. Also in the worst case if the pictures do get leaked, it's not the end of the world except perhaps to the ones like the poster here who would make a big deal out of it. It's not going to ruin your life either way unless you allow it to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships