Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:30 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times

Advertisements

What are things men will do that signal they are hitting on you? I ask this because I have a feeling sometimes when I'm just being nice some women are taking it the wrong way.

*Don't worry men, I will make a thread topic just asking the same question, I'd like to differentiate the answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 10:35 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
I am rarely hit on. But when a guy does show interest, it's usually blunt.

With asking for my number, asking me out, or trying to follow and talk to me. Or one guy who had a fixation with braiding my hair. But he didn't ask me out though, as I think he was afraid of my brother lol

But I am like some girls you know. Where I thought a guy was interested but he actually wasn't, like they're very nice, or flirty but never make any forward moves. One guy seemed to be interested and flirted alot. But he ended up with a girlfriend later, and it wasn't me.

So really, I no longer respond to compliments, flirting, or nice. Unless the guy outright asks for a date, I assume he's not interested. If he seems to be flirting, I assume he's just flirtatious in general. If he gives a compliment, or seems nice, I just assume he's polite. Saves disappointment far as assuming romantic interest.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-21-2015 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 10:45 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
The Mr. gets into awkward situations with this, because he's a naturally out-going, talk-to-everyone type of guy; sometimes women take it as him hitting on them and he has an "Oh crap" moment. Personally, I can't really define it, but there's a certain vibe that we pick up on... especially when we're not trying to land a man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
What are things men will do that signal they are hitting on you? I ask this because I have a feeling sometimes when I'm just being nice some women are taking it the wrong way.

*Don't worry men, I will make a thread topic just asking the same question, I'd like to differentiate the answers.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:34 AM

780 posts, read 678,600 times
When a guy tells me I have a great smile and they have this look in their eyes as they tell me, that's how I know.

I have about 3 close guy friends I can think of right now who will tell me I look good or that I'm pretty. That's their personality. They compliment in a platonic manner.

But aside from the way I'm looked at, there is no other indicators for me to pick up any hints.

I'm friendly in general and it kills me when guys think my friendliness means something. So to be on the other end, I don't ever take general friendly gestures as any signs.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:57 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Maintain intense eye contact, get into my personal space, touch, the way they smile in that slightly "naughty" way, look up and down my body while talking to me, etc.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:11 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,054 times
Wolf whistling, hanging out the passenger side and yelling, "Damn baby, you be hot!" is a purdy good indicator that I am being hit on.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:43 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Wolf whistling, hanging out the passenger side and yelling, "Damn baby, you be hot!" is a purdy good indicator that I am being hit on.
For me it's, "Damn you fine as hell!" or "You bad af."

But according to my friends, I don't know when I am being hit on and when they are being nice. I always assume they are being nice, when they are actually flirting or hitting on me.

Typically I know if there is an unusual number of compliments, they refer to me as "shawty" or "ma", and I typically know by body language but I'm 100% certain when they pull out their phones and try to get my number.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

I think your thread should ask what kind of signs do you give to men so we know you are interested?

Old 03-21-2015, 12:55 PM

48,524 posts, read 34,843,322 times
According to my friends I do not notice when a guy is hitting on me so I'm no help.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-21-2015, 01:00 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,739,613 times
From a guy, or at-least my perspective. It should be fairly easy to tell if i am hitting on another women. My conversations tend to inquire more about what their future plans for that day/week are, which tends to move things from a more informal/joking conversation that is normal with friends to a more interpersonal or intimate conversation about them and their future plans. I probably would smile a lot more during our conversations. Maybe the biggest give a way however is the more intimate, just slightly prolonged eye-contact that is not usually seen between just everyday acquaintances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships