Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 09:23 AM

500 posts, read 1,175,926 times

Advertisements

I might have done this before here, but I honestly can't remember (and my profile statistics only let me view page one here), so here goes. Not comfortable posting my pics, but if someone really wants to critique them, I can DM them or something. My profile is currently hidden, so I'm not "actually" looking, because I'm in a weird situation...currently living in Ohio, so my profile reflects that, but looking to move to Florida in the next year or so. At times, I will add a piece that talks about my pending move and looking for friends before I get there, and will Favorite guys that I find interesting so they can see my profile and decide if they want to contact me, which has happened twice. So I'm not really looking to get success out of my profile for now, but just looking to see in general if it reads OK so when I do unhide it in the future I'll only have minimal changes to make regarding specific places/locations.

Interests: Photography, Beaches, How I Met Your Mother, Country Music, BBQ and Mexican Food, Hockey, Halloween, Ice Skating, 90s Alternative Music, Drive In Movies, Suspense Movies/Books, Thunderstorms, Cuddling, Tattoos, Road Trips, Cooking Together, Antique/Thrift Stores, Festivals

About Me: I'm up for anything with the right person. Festivals, travelling, silly board games...I can have fun doing just about anything as long as I'm with someone that is enjoying it just as much as I am. I've been told that one of the best things about me is that I'm always willing to take a leap of faith if I have someone to leap with.

I'm definitely a get-outdoors-in-the-summertime kind of girl...I'd rather be in bare feet or flip flops than winter boots, and own more tank tops than sweaters!

I lead a low-key life, and try to live simply. I love exploring and trying new things (scuba diving and parasailing were awesome!). I prefer one-on-one or one-on-few activities. I find fun in things like discovering a cool hide-away restaurant during a nighttime walk through downtown, watching old movies like The Goonies outdoors at Columbus Commons, or piling a bunch of blankets and a bottle of wine into the back of a truck at the drive in theater.

I'm a very affectionate person, and need you to be, too. I don't just want to be in a relationship...I want to experience it, and enjoy the journey.

I may sound sweet and innocent, but I do have a bit of a devil on one shoulder. I do have tattoos, I would have a nose ring if my employer allowed it, and I was once almost arrested by the policia mere hours after landing on Mexican soil, so don't judge a book by it's cover...come get to know me instead ;-)

First Date: Something fun, like mini golf, bowling, or COSI. Gives us something to take the nervousness away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 09:40 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,417,959 times
you forgot to include these obligatory words/phrases

1) long walks on the beach

2) rock climbing

3) rose petals on the bed

---

honestly though, i have no idea about e-dating and all that but i can assume that most folks on there looking for the picture and probably the only words that matter or would turn somebody off is something referencing certain politics or religion

Old 04-25-2015, 09:42 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,381,833 times
Need a pic to complete my assessment

Old 04-25-2015, 09:43 AM

609 posts, read 616,641 times
Yeah 80% of what anyone cares about is the pictures.
As it should be.
Because the words you put onto your profile may not even accurately reflect you.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,343,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
I might have done this before here, but I honestly can't remember (and my profile statistics only let me view page one here), so here goes. Not comfortable posting my pics, but if someone really wants to critique them, I can DM them or something. My profile is currently hidden, so I'm not "actually" looking, because I'm in a weird situation...currently living in Ohio, so my profile reflects that, but looking to move to Florida in the next year or so. At times, I will add a piece that talks about my pending move and looking for friends before I get there, and will Favorite guys that I find interesting so they can see my profile and decide if they want to contact me, which has happened twice. So I'm not really looking to get success out of my profile for now, but just looking to see in general if it reads OK so when I do unhide it in the future I'll only have minimal changes to make regarding specific places/locations.

Interests: Photography, Beaches, How I Met Your Mother, Country Music, BBQ and Mexican Food, Hockey, Halloween, Ice Skating, 90s Alternative Music, Drive In Movies, Suspense Movies/Books, Thunderstorms, Cuddling, Tattoos, Road Trips, Cooking Together, Antique/Thrift Stores, Festivals

About Me: I'm up for anything with the right person. Festivals, travelling, silly board games...I can have fun doing just about anything as long as I'm with someone that is enjoying it just as much as I am. I've been told that one of the best things about me is that I'm always willing to take a leap of faith if I have someone to leap with.

I'm definitely a get-outdoors-in-the-summertime kind of girl...I'd rather be in bare feet or flip flops than winter boots, and own more tank tops than sweaters!

I lead a low-key life, and try to live simply. I love exploring and trying new things (scuba diving and parasailing were awesome!). I prefer one-on-one or one-on-few activities. I find fun in things like discovering a cool hide-away restaurant during a nighttime walk through downtown, watching old movies like The Goonies outdoors at Columbus Commons, or piling a bunch of blankets and a bottle of wine into the back of a truck at the drive in theater.

I'm a very affectionate person, and need you to be, too. I don't just want to be in a relationship...I want to experience it, and enjoy the journey.

I may sound sweet and innocent, but I do have a bit of a devil on one shoulder. I do have tattoos, I would have a nose ring if my employer allowed it, and I was once almost arrested by the policia mere hours after landing on Mexican soil, so don't judge a book by it's cover...come get to know me instead ;-)

First Date: Something fun, like mini golf, bowling, or COSI. Gives us something to take the nervousness away!
What is COSI?
I don't think I would mention the almost arrested, it is not an attractive trait.
Leave off the "may sound sweet and innocent but the devil on one shoulder".
No reason to mention that you "would" have a nose ring.
Old movies are not the Goonies, that is a child's movie.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What is COSI?
I don't think I would mention the almost arrested, it is not an attractive trait.
Leave off the "may sound sweet and innocent but the devil on one shoulder".
No reason to mention that you "would" have a nose ring.
Old movies are not the Goonies, that is a child's movie.

COSI is a hands on exploratory science museum. It's a fun place to learn and play and focus on getting to know someone in a capacity that shows their true spirit.

Most of the female profiles I've read sound really boring, sweet and sappy, so I wanted to inject a little sassy into mine, hence the devil on the shoulder and nose ring.

The Goonies was made in the 80s, so yes, it is an old movie. I'm not talking about Casablanca here. I specifically referenced The Goonies because it's a movie that guys my age still talk about to this day as reminiscent of their boyhoods, so it links me to something that they have fond memories of. (Probably the same way that a lot of women use, "I love sports!")

Old 04-25-2015, 10:18 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,343,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjones311 View Post
COSI is a hands on exploratory science museum. It's a fun place to learn and play and focus on getting to know someone in a capacity that shows their true spirit.

Most of the female profiles I've read sound really boring, sweet and sappy, so I wanted to inject a little sassy into mine, hence the devil on the shoulder and nose ring.

The Goonies was made in the 80s, so yes, it is an old movie. I'm not talking about Casablanca here. I specifically referenced The Goonies because it's a movie that guys my age still talk about to this day as reminiscent of their boyhoods, so it links me to something that they have fond memories of. (Probably the same way that a lot of women use, "I love sports!")

You need to state exactly what COSI stands for, use the entire name of the facility and a wee bit about what it is that you enjoy there.

Your idea of "sassy" is not that at all to me but I am not a guy looking for a girl.
I am a Mother and a Grand Mother and what you have written is not "sassy", it could be considered by many as a red flag that you look for trouble and dramatics.

So Goonies is a movie that guys still talk about but is it a movie you like? Can you have an actual conversation about it that is not uninformed dribble? Is there really anything in that movie to have a conversation about besides the kid shaking his stomach ( I think that happened in this movie)?

Most women that "use" the phrase I love sports really do like to watch some sports or go to the events themselves so it isn't a pick up line, it is the truth.

Personally I like to go to baseball games, I can watch basketball on television if the sound is muted, I don't mind hockey every now and then but I really do not like football or soccer and would not waste the time or money to go to any of those games.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:23 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,026,521 times
I bet if a few more of these pop up, the mods will delete these threads, too!

Old 04-25-2015, 10:26 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,209,281 times
Goonies is a classic! Love it!!!

Old 04-25-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You need to state exactly what COSI stands for, use the entire name of the facility and a wee bit about what it is that you enjoy there.

Your idea of "sassy" is not that at all to me but I am not a guy looking for a girl.
I am a Mother and a Grand Mother and what you have written is not "sassy", it could be considered by many as a red flag that you look for trouble and dramatics.

So Goonies is a movie that guys still talk about but is it a movie you like? Can you have an actual conversation about it that is not uninformed dribble? Is there really anything in that movie to have a conversation about besides the kid shaking his stomach ( I think that happened in this movie)?

Most women that "use" the phrase I love sports really do like to watch some sports or go to the events themselves so it isn't a pick up line, it is the truth.

Personally I like to go to baseball games, I can watch basketball on television if the sound is muted, I don't mind hockey every now and then but I really do not like football or soccer and would not waste the time or money to go to any of those games.

Everyone in town here knows what COSI is, no need to explain it.

Yes, I like the movie, I'm not just saying it. It's a different type of movie than most girls mention. Actually, most of the female profiles I've seen don't mention any specifics, it's all "I'm a hard working, fun, likeable, sweet person!" Which, yes, is all subjective. That's why I tried to be a little different and more specific.

In the past, I've actually had really good feedback on the Mexico story, because it's hilarious. Many guys have been intrigued enough to email and ask what happened, because when you read the rest of my profile and look at my pictures, I'm clearly not someone who looks like she invites trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships