Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 611 times

Advertisements

My ex-boyfriend is 29 years old and I'm 25. It's not like we are young. We were quite serious, even thinking about our future with each other. We were together for about 7 months until we ended it. It led to me not trusting him because he was still in contact with his ex-gf as well going on dates with other girls. However, he said these things to me while we dated. Did he mean these or was he just playing me?

"You really help me think a lot about myself, not sure what triggered it. But I’ve been in self reflection mode since meeting you. You bring the old me back, the adventurous, energetic e, ambitious, me. I didn’t want to like someone and wasn’t even looking to want to like someone. But it’s funny how life works because I think when you want something, it almost blinds you. But when you’re not looking for something, at times, it’s almost really clear. I want to say…wait..have to give myself a good shake..

I’m kind of scared. I'm falling so hard. I’ve always been a guy who likes to reason things out, head over heart. I’m never quick to speak but I listen first and think and then respond. Because I always felt like thinking rationally is to think with your head and not with your heart. But it’s crazy because I like you a lot. As I’m getting to know you I’m liking you more and more. So this obviously new territory for me. I’ve never felt like this before with any girl.."

if he meant these, why did he still talk to his ex-gf who was going back to her country? why did he say these things to me??

Old 06-04-2015, 09:38 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
You can't be played if you don't allow yourself to be played with.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:42 AM

5,207 posts, read 4,667,902 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...g-love-me.html

Does this thread ring a bell?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:43 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,438,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You can't be played if you don't allow yourself to be played with.
Got to agree!

Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysunny1 View Post
he was still in contact with his ex-gf as well going on dates with other girls.
What is wrong with you women... At least make sure your guy has a one girl at the time. Don't women appreciate and honor themselves a bit anymore?

Old 06-04-2015, 10:44 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,234,397 times
And this one:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ther-girl.html

And this one:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...him-think.html

Last edited by carnivalday; 06-04-2015 at 11:01 AM..

Old 06-04-2015, 12:42 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysunny1 View Post
My ex-boyfriend is 29 years old and I'm 25. It's not like we are young. We were quite serious, even thinking about our future with each other. We were together for about 7 months until we ended it. It led to me not trusting him because he was still in contact with his ex-gf as well going on dates with other girls. However, he said these things to me while we dated. Did he mean these or was he just playing me?

"You really help me think a lot about myself, not sure what triggered it. But I’ve been in self reflection mode since meeting you. You bring the old me back, the adventurous, energetic e, ambitious, me. I didn’t want to like someone and wasn’t even looking to want to like someone. But it’s funny how life works because I think when you want something, it almost blinds you. But when you’re not looking for something, at times, it’s almost really clear. I want to say…wait..have to give myself a good shake..

I’m kind of scared. I'm falling so hard. I’ve always been a guy who likes to reason things out, head over heart. I’m never quick to speak but I listen first and think and then respond. Because I always felt like thinking rationally is to think with your head and not with your heart. But it’s crazy because I like you a lot. As I’m getting to know you I’m liking you more and more. So this obviously new territory for me. I’ve never felt like this before with any girl.."

if he meant these, why did he still talk to his ex-gf who was going back to her country? why did he say these things to me??
some guys will say anything to get you to sleep with them. kinda better to use the mute button sometimes and observe actions.

never felt like this before? what is he stupid or something? or maybe just lying to all the others except you?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:44 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,239,314 times
Good Lord.

OP have you ever heard of a Player?

Your ex sounds like he thinks he's one, and the notches on his belt says he's right.

The problem here is you need to move on.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:56 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,557,772 times
No, he's not. By the way, why do you still care since it's an EX?

Old 06-04-2015, 01:09 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Why do people start a bunch of threads about the same situation???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships