Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:16 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I can't say I've ever intentionally used my "feminine wiles" to get something. Not my thing.
So I asked my husband if I ever used my "feminine wiles" to get things and his reply was:

"No, but I wish you would!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 10:19 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
If wearing a skirt and heels are considered using my "feminine wiles" then yes. I realized many years ago that wearing heels are the most comfortable shoes of all, because when you wear them, you often don't have to lift a finger to do anything.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
If wearing a skirt and heels are considered using my "feminine wiles" then yes. I realized many years ago that wearing heels are the most comfortable shoes of all, because when you wear them, you often don't have to lift a finger to do anything.
Which reminded me of something. Years ago, in court, I told my sisters to wear skirt suits, preferably in either professional colors like charcoal, or, for the person who was a victim of violence, pink because it portrays softness and vulnerability. She actually had one with a pink jacket, too. One of my sisters very stubbornly wore a black pantsuit and while the rest of us were treated with patience and even encouragement from the judge, he grilled her with an icy skepticism worthy of Richard Dawkins questioning the existence of God. He was a lot nicer the second day when she wore a skirt suit in navy blue. Our attorney, who was a woman, wore a skirt on the second day, too, and suddenly the judge was a helluva lot nicer to her, too. She said she would wear skirts in his courtroom every time thereafter.

The courtroom might have been a man's domain with his unwritten rules, but danged if we women weren't going to win using whatever strategy we had--and we did.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:49 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Use um til ya lose um!

Old 05-07-2015, 01:50 PM

783 posts, read 849,944 times
Girls are using it to get desperate guys to buy them free pizza on Tinder Pretty pathetic from both the guys and the girls IMO. They are calling it the 'Tinder Games'.

Girls Are Shamelessly Using Tinder To Get Guys To Buy Them Pizza

Old 05-07-2015, 02:11 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Men with traditional leanings on the gender roles kind of expect you to use your feminine wiles, occasionally, and they don't take offense at it or sit around wondering when the woman will reciprocate with some kindness. They do nice things for women because they enjoy being men who step up when a woman needs their assistance. I don't think there is anything sinister or wrong about it. It's a choice.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
I quite often do this.

Australian men tend to be old fashioned and courtly (believe it or not) and almost EXPECT you to charm them.

I have a friend who worries about her car repair costs, I'm all "cant you find a nice mechanic and smile pretty?" and she's all NO! in shock.

Again, the power of femininity - its what REALLY makes the world go round.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:28 PM

17 posts, read 19,850 times
Default yes...

I regularly get speeding tickets reduced to warnings. I actually started dating the cop who responded to a fender bender i caused by texting and driving. We have since broken up, but he still helps me with things (he is currently getting a left turn ticket dropped). I have also developed a nice rapport with the people at the deli by my job, who comp my cafe con leches every morning (I do always tip, though). I am moderately attractive, and have done convention modeling in the past, however I think people respond well to me because I am nice, friendly, accommodating, charming, and very humble- I know this post doesn't reflect that, but that is honestly it is so key to appear gracious and unassuming when trying to get your way. Personality goes much farther than looks.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:48 PM

37 posts, read 43,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I can change my own flat tire. However, the couple of times I've had to do so, a kind gentleman has pulled over to offer assistance. It's a win-win situation: I keep my clothes clean, and he gets an ego boost by helping a woman in need.
NO, you win.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:06 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Lucky. I wore heels alot years ago. They helped in making me taller so I could do things myself lol Now I avoid them when I can. No comfortable. I normally stick to the flats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships