Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:23 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He may feel embarrassed at being slapped in front of the docs and nurses present, but I'm sure they see a lot of crazy things during the birthing process.
Yes exactly. My sis is a charge nurse on a labor and delivery wing. The stories she tells me are sometimes horrifying. I have the utmost respect for nurses and all people who work in a hospital. I could never do it that is for sure. As far as the slapping goes though, the guy needs to get over it. Let him squeeze out a lemon while he pees and he will see what women go through during childbirth!

Old 06-01-2015, 09:23 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If she reached out, swung at his face, and smacked it, then she deliberately hit him. Unless she was trying to swat away a fly or something.

Why wouldn't she know what she was doing? The excuses I've heard so far -- she was in pain, she was scared, her hormones were in overdrive, etc. -- would never be acceptable excuses if a man hit his wife/girlfriend/kids/whatever. We're expected to rise above our primal instincts and reactions to control ourselves. There's no reason not to expect the same from women.
You're just an instigator.

Are you enjoying yourself?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:25 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,537,898 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't she know what she was doing? The excuses I've heard so far -- she was in pain, she was scared, her hormones were in overdrive, etc. -- would never be acceptable excuses if a man hit his wife/girlfriend/kids/whatever. We're expected to rise above our primal instincts and reactions to control ourselves. There's no reason not to expect the same from women.
we also expect men to not be in labor... you know, biology and all

Old 06-01-2015, 09:25 PM

336 posts, read 441,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Please share one post where I made that statement???? NOT!
Well then i don't know why you said i needed counseling lol. Maybe you should communicate your ideas better instead of leaving one to conjecture what it is you exactly mean lol.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 PM

336 posts, read 441,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
Yes exactly. My sis is a charge nurse on a labor and delivery wing. The stories she tells me are sometimes horrifying. I have the utmost respect for nurses and all people who work in a hospital. I could never do it that is for sure. As far as the slapping goes though, the guy needs to get over it. Let him squeeze out a lemon while he pees and he will see what women go through during childbirth!
It has been said that passing a kidney stone is the equivalent of child birth, so yes we do go through something similar.

The next time a woman get slapped and comes here looking for help, I guess we should just tell her to "get over it" too right?

Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I've never given birth, but I can imagine after 17 hours of labor that one ill-time "just breath.. you'll be fine. In and out, in and out...."

and

***FWAP!!****

"If you don't shut it, I will wrap your ******* over your big HEAD"

Can you imagine if he called the police and filed a complaint?

I can hear the police laughing from here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,161,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
It has been said that passing a kidney stone is the equivalent of child birth, so yes we do go through something similar.

The next time a woman get slapped and comes here looking for help, I guess we should just tell her to "get over it" too right?
It would depend on the circumstances. Circumstances actually matter.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:32 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
we also expect men to not be in labor... you know, biology and all
We're expected to overcome our biology and not hit people just because we're undergoing a stressful or painful event. We should expect the same from women. Instead, we see a litany of excuses. Would a guy be excused because he decked his wife while passing a kidney stone?

"But, but but..... CHILDBIRTH!!1!1!one!1!" Yeah, it's something that happens all the time without people getting assaulted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You're just an instigator.

Are you enjoying yourself?
Nobody else has been able to articulate a rational reason why it's acceptable in the age of gender equality for a woman to hit a man when she's in great pain or under tremendous stress when it wouldn't be acceptable for a man to hit a woman under similar circumstances. That's because there is none. So I'm not surprised this is the best response you could come up with. Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander. (Or should it be the other way around?)

Old 06-01-2015, 09:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Oh for pete's sake, this thread is ridiculous.
I've never seen so much stupidity in one thread, myself. Any man who is more concerned with a little slap than whether his wife and child are healthy is a self-centered jackass.

Anyone who compares any kind of reaction during any kind of medical trauma--and birth is traumatic--to being drunk, coming home in a bad mood, or domestic violence, is a moron.

And we have a lot of self-centered jackasses and morons on this thread, it would seem.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Well then i don't know why you said i needed counseling lol. Maybe you should communicate your ideas better instead of leaving one to conjecture what it is you exactly mean lol.

I'll admit the net not the best way get opinions across...

I do feel you have underline issue, since you keep bringing up abuse, plus there no history of this supposed wife hitting her husband before , I think that's pretty clear since it shocked him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships