Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you guys still be upset in that situation?
Yes, I'll still be upset 9 18.37%
Nope, I'll let that one slide...it's exceptional 38 77.55%
Other 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:40 PM

336 posts, read 442,091 times

Advertisements

I would have been very annoyed by this...

I don't care what a woman is doing. NEITHER GENDER has a right to put their hands on each other PERIOD!

If having a baby is too much for a woman, there's a simple solution, don't have one!

If you as a man, feel that your woman is prone to hit you in the delivery room, then don't give her a baby!

Either way, they are both wrong, barring this incident, if it would have happened to me at any other moment, she would have been going away in handcuffs. This kind of behavior continues because MEN ALLOW IT.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I honestly can't believe that some people are this clueless. Seriously. First of all, how many times have you ever heard of this happening? For me - once. This thread. Now, either you don't hear about this happening because it usually doesn't or because when it does, nobody cares. Like I said before, if my husband slapped me while he was in extreme pain and out of his head - I wouldn't hold it against him and I certainly wouldn't go on the internet to talk about it.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:48 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
She should have slapped him more so not to focus on the pain

really what is the guy there for? to look pretty while she is in labor? Just get out of the room if all he is going to do is stand there

Old 06-01-2015, 06:52 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
I would have been very annoyed by this...

I don't care what a woman is doing. NEITHER GENDER has a right to put their hands on each other PERIOD!

If having a baby is too much for a woman, there's a simple solution, don't have one!

If you as a man, feel that your woman is prone to hit you in the delivery room, then don't give her a baby!

Either way, they are both wrong, barring this incident, if it would have happened to me at any other moment, she would have been going away in handcuffs. This kind of behavior continues because MEN ALLOW IT.
The problem is, she wouldn't know until she actually has it. Then she could decide not to have another, definitely.

IDK, maybe I'm off track here, but I always thought that the important thing in giving birth is to keep both the mom and the baby safe. It's freaky the kinds of complications I've heard about. You want both to come through alive, and you want both to come through it healthy. Maybe everyone playing a supporting role should focus on that. I'm not saying that getting smacked in the middle of it while trying to help wouldn't be a shock. But I'd try to stay focused on the job at hand. And then maybe after everyone's back home, and recovered, and has slept and eaten, and feels human again, and the baby's stable and all, then the stories can come out, the experience can be discussed, laughs can be had, apologies given, along with congratulations, let's not forget that.

I haven't been through this with anyone, yet, but at least now I know what to be ready for.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
She should have slapped him more so not to focus on the pain

really what is the guy there for? to look pretty while she is in labor? Just get out of the room if all he is going to do is stand there
He's there because she wants him there. Giving birth is traumatic.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:15 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
He's there because she wants him there. Giving birth is traumatic.
Yes, so why is he offended by being slapped when she is pushing a parasite out of her? Can I call babies parasites?

Old 06-01-2015, 07:27 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
An actual accident is NOT domestic violence by any legal definition. He didn't take a swing at her, it was an accident!
She said nothing about it being an accident. And the incident as described in the OP, if described accurately, was certainly no accident either.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
If my husband was out of his mind with pain and we were in the hospital - I would totally understand if he hit me and would forgive him. My husband has never hit me and would never hit me in his right mind. If he hit me - it would be because of something out of his control. I would not consider that domestic violence.
Neither would I.

I can't remember who did this... but they scared me... on purpose. Success. I clip them in the jaw.

There are unique circumstances where it is understandable that someone might not have complete control over their automatic responses.

If I slapped my husband during labor, he would be telling that story to anyone who would listen for years to come.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-01-2015, 07:43 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Yes, so why is he offended by being slapped when she is pushing a parasite out of her? Can I call babies parasites?
LOL. I saw some show on Discovery (back when they did documentaries ), and yes, "parasite" is fair.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-01-2015, 07:44 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
come on, it's giving birth.....if I ever made a woman go through that, from what I've seen, getting kicked in the bawls would be acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships