Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 11:29 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,806 times

Advertisements

This reminded me of something that happened to an old coworker of mine. She was a hostess at a restaurant and obviously pregnant. As this guy was leaving he asked if he could take her out some time. She put her hand up and said, "no thanks, I'm married." He replied with his hand up, "it's okay, I am too."

Some people are just pigs. You just have to say no thank you and walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 02:39 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
"I got a man"
"What ya man got to do with me?"
"I got a man"
"I'm not trying to hear that, see?"

Old 06-02-2015, 05:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
That song is going to be stuck in my head all day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
"I got a man"
"What ya man got to do with me?"
"I got a man"
"I'm not trying to hear that, see?"

Old 06-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nobody has to honor my marriage but my husband and myself.

If someone is bothering me and I want them to leave me alone, it shouldn't matter if I'm married or not. "No, thanks," should be sufficient, without needing the "No, thanks, I'm married," disclaimer. The fact that I'm saying "back off" should be what holds weight, not the caveat of "because I'm married." It doesn't matter. I said back off.
This exactly. It doesn't matter if you're married or not. You only need to say "I'm not interested in you" and leave it at that. The reason why you're not interested is none of the other person's business. Just saying "I'm married" to some leaves an opportunity open and can be seen as a challenge.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:17 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Because the marriage is between those two people, and not the third party. People cheat, married or not, and thus people still try 'cause sometimes they succeed.

Personally, it seems I've been flirted with more when I had the ring on vs off. One woman actually took my ring off and told me 'right now, you're not'.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:28 PM

61,721 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Why some people don't honor "I am married" ?

Wearing the ring or other type of commitment symbol but when saying I am married, some men (and I assume some women but I don't attract too much lesbians)

does not stop flirting or hitting on but continues it.

Why being married is not a fine reason to leave a person alone? "No thanks, I am married" and some men still goes on.

Could we start a new international style and believe if a married person says no thanks, I am married.

Why people don't honor other peoples marriages?
All depends how you deliver the message - if you are firm enough, they will back off. You just need to say "I am married and not interested", then turn around and go on with your business. Don't explain anything, don't smile or such. Your body language must support your statement.
Completely ignore that person. He will get the message...

Old 06-02-2015, 06:33 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
That song is going to be stuck in my head all day!
if you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape....

im the love that you've looked for ...come with me and escape

Old 06-02-2015, 11:06 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Gaahhh!!! Somehow I suspect this will involve you showing up with a porterhouse steak or mutton chops...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
if you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape....

im the love that you've looked for ...come with me and escape

Old 06-03-2015, 06:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
I am a 46 year old dude...and I ALWAYS have a wedding band on
And it is scary how many married women flirt with me, more so than single...as if THEIR being ,married makes it ok

I am not a stud or anything special...maybe slightly better than average looking for my age, 10-15 lbs over weight but athletic...nothing special...I cant imagine the really studly married guys and all the a$$ that is flung at them

marriage just seems so outdated

Old 06-03-2015, 06:20 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Because the marriage is between those two people, and not the third party. People cheat, married or not, and thus people still try 'cause sometimes they succeed.

Personally, it seems I've been flirted with more when I had the ring on vs off. One woman actually took my ring off and told me 'right now, you're not'.
You LET her take your ring off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships